Attacked on Stage

My Punishment for Loving You

Bang Yong Guk ft. Yoseob - I Remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=764xfQsiMsc

 

As Beast ended their song, the members of StAr became more and more tense. Soon they were gathered in a circle to give each other one big 'Fighting!'. Jae Yeon gave words of encouragement and together, they yelled, "Let the StAr shine brightly!"

They broke apart as they heard the MCs starting to announce them, "Let us welcome the girls who shine brightly among all, StAr!"

The lights dimmed and the girls ran to the their positions on stage. Hyo Sun, being the visual, turned around first. The spotlight focused on her in the darkness. Next were So Young and Yeon Ji. As they turned around, two more spotlights lit the stage. As Jae Yeon and Hae In whirled around, more spotlights focused on them. Young Mi and Min Seo were the last to face the crowd. The stage was brightly lit and sparks flew.

Their song began and the girls forgot all about their nervousness. They began to dance with unbelievable grace and their voices echoed through the big venue. StAr's fanclub began their fanchant as Yeon Ji led the dance break. Young Mi moved to the sides, singing her lines and preparing to belt. As she took a breath for her high note, a tingle ran down her spine.

-Chanyeol's POV-

I watched their performance from our waiting room's TV. I have to admit, they've improved a lot. As soon as Young Mi took her positions on the sidelines for her high notes, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Not that I hadn't been watching her since the performance started.

She sang her lines and goosebumps appeared all over my body. Her voice was captivating but there was something else that made my hair stand on end. As she belted out her high note, a girl, who looked a bit like Sadako with her super long hair, suddenly popped out from the backstage. Young Mi's high note lasts for about 10 seconds and halfway through it, the girl grabbed Young Mi, making her voice crack.

They crowd gasped but I didn't stop to watch. Instead, I bolted out of the room, surprising my members. I heard Suho hyung call after me but I ignored him. Kai's loud cussing echoed through the hallway which meant he probably saw what was happening on stage. More footsteps echoes behind me but I didn't look back. I just ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

-Young Mi's POV-

*Who is this girl? How did she get here?* I thought, bewildered beyond measure. The unnies looked surprised as the girl tried to pull me off-stage. Jae Yeon unnie signaled for the other to go on as she tried to pull me away from the girl. "Please let go! Who are you?" I asked the girl frantically as I struggled to free myself from her iron grip. The girl's head turned around to look at me. I saw her deranged and wild eyes and fear gripped me from inside.

She pulled my wrist to her right side, making me stumble. She pushed Jae Yeon unnie with surprising strength. Jae Yeon unnie fell backwards and sprained her ankle. The crowd gasped in surprise. "Unnie!" I screamed. "Young Mi-ah!" She called. I tried to run forward to help her but the creepy girl blocked my way.

"You." She hissed. "Jung Young Mi." She said my name with so much hatred and venom that my knees shook. She poked me on the shoulder harshly and I thought her finger was going to pierce me. "You stole him away from me." The unnies started to come towards us but she yelled at them to stay away. They flinched at her raspy voice but still continued to walk towards us.

"Sorry? I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about," I said as I tried to pull away from her. *What is taking security so long?*

"You're going to pay for stealing Park Chanyeol away from me," she growled and pushed something towards my body. I heard a loud 'Bang!'. The next thing I knew was that I was in great pain. I heard screams, gasps and insane laughter. I fell down with my hand over my abdomen. Something wet poured out from me. I lifted my hand and there it was, glistening under the stage's spotlight. My very own blood.

~Author's POV~

Young Mi lay on the stage as the crowd became noisier by each second. She was blinded by the spotlights and her eyes felt heavier and heavier. "Young Mi-ah!" A familiar voice yelled. More familiar voices echoes his called.

*Oppa.* she thought. Chanyeol's face appeared in front of her, blocking the bright lights. He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. "Paramedics!" Someone, specifically Sehun, called.

As a flurry of footsteps came nearer, Chanyeol whispered, "Just hold on, Young Mi. Just hold on." Young Mi used her strength to nod once. He disappeared from her line of sight and was replaced by a stranger in white. He started checking her pulse and checking to see if she'll be fine. Other paramedics came and carried her onto a stretcher.

All the while, Chanyeol held her hand, not wanting to let go. The members of StAr were taken off stage and told to stay inside their waiting room. The managers were not to let anyone get in contact with them until the matter was addressed. Exo-K were also ordered to go back to the waiting room but they were far too worried for their dongsaeng to care. When they arrived outside and Young Mi was placed inside the ambulance, Chanyeol scrambled in before anyone could object. No one raised any objections, instead, Suho assured him that they'll be following them with the van. Before they knew it, they were already speeding towards the hospital. "Oppa." Young Mi croaked.

Chanyeol squeezed her hands and stared into her eyes. "Yeah?"

"It hurts," she whispered. "It hurts."

"I know, Young Mi-ah. We'll be at the hospital in a few minutes," Chanyeol said softly. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." Inside, though, he was panicking. He prayed with all his might that Young Mi will be okay. He never tore his eyes away from hers and for a few moments, they just stared at each other.

"If you see the light, don't go into it!" Chanyeol begged. Young Mi cracked a smile and he grinned.

Young Mi spoke up, "That girl... She said I was going to pay for stealing you away from her. Is this my punishment? Have I done something wrong?" A tear fell out of the corner of her eye.

Chanyeol reached out and wiped away the tear tracks. "No. You've done nothing wrong," he murmured. He her hair and they both refused to look away from each other.

"You are the kindest, most thoughtful girl I've ever met. When I was struggling, you were there to offer help even though you had no idea of what you should do. When I was sad, you were always the shoulder I could lean on. When I was happy and rejoicing, you were right beside me, smiling and laughing along with me. During the times I was mad, you could always calm me down. All this time, you were a part of me." He paused and smiled at her, trying to stop his tears from forming.

"You haven't done anything wrong," Chanyeol continued. "It was me who did wrong. I should just have kept my mouth shut about our relationship. That way, none of us would get hurt. You wouldn't have gotten hurt." A tear escaped his eyes and fell onto Young Mi's pale hand.

"Don't cry. It's not our fault," Young Mi said with a small smile. She reached out her hand and placed it on his cheek, his face with her thumb. "Just so you know, you're a part of me too. If you left, I don't know how I'd move on." She gave his hand as squeeze.

But then her wound took its toll on her. She gasped and but didn't bother to pull her hands away from Chanyeol's face and hand. She just smiled weakly at him and said, "I don't think I'll be able to hold on any longer. I'm sorry."

Chanyeol's face fell and his eyes watered. "No. We're almost there. We are close, aren't we?" He asked the paramedic sitting beside him. The guy nodded. "See? Just a bit more."

"I... I can't." Young Mi whispered. "I'm sorry I can't be with you any longer. Tell my parents I'm sorry, okay? Tell them that I love them as much as the stars in the sky." She said the last part softly, quoting her father. Tears started streaming out of her eyes. Chanyeol started crying as well. He knew that her life was ending but that didn't make it any easier. The fact that she was thinking of her parents who moved to Busan and hasn't seen in years made more tears flow out of his eyes. He leaned on closer to her face and kissed her dry, cracked lips. Her eyes were already half closed when she whispered with the last bit of strength she had, "I love you, Chanyeol oppa."

Before the last second of her life ended, he whispered back, "I love you too. More than anything." She smiled and he knew that the final words she heard from him was his declaration of love. Her hands became limp and yet, Chanyeol couldn't let go of her hands. He stared at her closed eyes. She looked as if she was just taking nap. Yet life was cruel and he was jarred back to reality when the paramedic checked her heartbeat and announced, "Jung Young Mi. Died 9:47 P.M., May 3, 2012."