Hate

My Punishment for Loving You

Sunny Hill - Pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHNBgxKJfM

 

The next day, StAr was at home, enjoying their free time. Some of the members were watching TV while some were surfing the internet. Young Mi sat down next to So Young and peeked over her shoulder to see what latest news were there. They suddenly came across a website which had Chanyeol and Young Mi's names on it. So Young clicked on it and her eyes widened at the webpage she was seeing. Beside her, Young Mi stared at the screen with furrowed eyebrows.

"Jung Young Mi does not deserve Park Chanyeol!" It was an anti's website where antis bashed on Young Mi for apparently 'seducing' Chanyeol. Hae In, who was passing by, caught a glimpse of the comments written there and choked. "That's WAY too cruel!" She exclaimed, horrified.

"I know, right? Asking someone to go for suicide just because she's in a relationship with their favorite idol? Way off base!" So Young agreed. Their loud voices caught the attention of the other members and soon, all seven members were huddled over So Young's laptop. All of them had horrified and shocked expressions except for Young Mi. She had a blank look on her face and her eyes were glazed.

Out of nowhere, Exo-K's History started playing and Young Mi snapped out of her daze. She didn't need to look at the caller ID to know who it was. 'History' was Chanyeol's ringtone. She stood up and her unnies looked up at her with worried eyes. She gave them a small smile and said softly, "Don't worry. I'm okay. I'm just going to talk to Chanyeol oppa. He doesn't need more things to worry him."

The other six members watched her walk towards her room. They sighed when they heard Young Mi's door snap shut. "I'm worried for her," Yeon Ji said, still staring in the direction of the room Min Seo and Young Mi shared.

"Yeah, me too," Hae In sighed while the others nodded in agreement.

"She hasn't even told us where she got that huge bump on her forehead," Hyo Sun reminded them.

"She told me she was with Chanyeol last night. They met on her way out. He tagged along to the grocery," Min Seo told the other members.

"I'll ask him when we meet up for pratice for that event on Thursday," Jae Yeon said, determined to find out what happened to their maknae.

~~~~~
While her unnies discussed behind her back, Young Mi was huddled in the corner of her room. She took a deep breathe. *Don't say anything that will make Chanyeol oppa worry.* She held her phone to her ear and said with a cheerful voice, "Oppa!"

"Young Mi-ah!!! How's the welt on your head?" Chanyeol asked.

"It's healing well, don't worry!" Young Mi told him, keeping up her cheerful façade well. "Why'd you call?"

"Why? Is it a crime for a guy to call his girlfriend? Do I need to have a reason to call you?" He demanded playfully.

Young Mi laughed, all her worry and horror about the bashing and anti-fans webbing away. "No, of course not! I just thought you were busy today."

"I am. Just needed to hear your voice." He said.

"Ew, oppa. When did you turn so cheesy?" Young Mi asked, cringing.

"Cheesy?! Hey! I was telling the truth!" Chanyeol said, pretending to be offended. "If you're like that, I won't call you anymore!"

"Really? Okay!" Young Mi chirped. She heard Chanyeol gasp and hurriedly say, "Hey! I was joking! Joking!!!"

Young Mi giggled and told him, "Arasso. I was just kidding too!"

Suddenly, Exo-K's manager's voice came from the background, calling Chanyeol to get ready. "Okay! Coming!" Chanyeol replied.

Before Chanyeol could tell her anything, Young Mi told him, "Go. Good luck on your performance! Don't mess up! I'll be watching!"

"Okay. I'll go now. I'll see you on Saturday?" Chanyeol asked.

"We'll see each other," Young Mi assured him.

"I love you!" Chanyeol whispered as Suho called for him.

Young Mi opened to reply but he had already hung up. "I love you too..." she whispered to the empty room.

She stared blankly at her phone until she was jarred back to reality by someone knocking gently on the door.

"Young Mi-ah!!! Mail's here!" Jae Yeon called from the other side of the door.

"Okay! I'm coming!" She yelled. She pushed herself of the floor and dusted off her clothes and ran to the living room. She found the manager distributing the boxes of fan mail and gifts to the designated member. She settled on the couch between Hae In and Min Seo as she held the box in her hands.

She tore the box open and saw it full to the brim with chocolates, letters, flowers and a teddy bear. She placed the gifts on the floor to have more space to spread out her fans' gifts. She opened the letters and read them one by one. She smiled at the fans' affection and felt grateful to them as she always did.

Soon she only had the last letter left to open. She slit the envelope open and took out the letter. She opened the folded piece of paper and screamed when she saw the contents. She threw the letter as far away from herself as possible. She scrambled away from the letter as if it was something poisonous. Every head in the room swiveled in her direction.

So Young and Hae In ran towards her and tried to calm her down. Young Mi had a horrified and scared expression on her face. So Young rubbed her back while Hae In took the frightened girl in her arms while muttering words of comfort.

Yeon Ji, who couldn't resist her curiousity, walked over to where the letter now lay. She gingerly took it and flipped it over to read its contents. The moment she saw the words written on it, her whole body tensed and her knuckles turned white. Jae Yeon peeked over Yeon Ji's shoulder and scanned her eyes over the mysterious letter which caused so much panic. Her face turned pale and with trembling hands, she grabbed the paper from Yeon Ji and walked over to their manager.

As she showed it to the manager, the other members caught glimpses of the paper and their reactions were similar to Jae Yeon's. In what looked like fresh blood, the words "Die! You seductress!". Young Mi, who had just slightly calmed down, rifled through the box, trying to find the envelope where the sender's address might have been written down. Instead, she saw a copy of her album jacket photo, filled with numerous holes as if it had been stabbed numerous times.

She was beyond scared but she managed her expressions and, with shaking hands, rummaged through the box again. The teddy bear, which she had not taken too much notice of, was now her center of attention. Peeking out from the white bear's belly was something shiny. She tried to pull it off but merely found out that it was sharp. With a bleeding finger, she turned the bear around and everyone in the room gasped. A knife had been run through the bear's back.

Young Mi, reeling from the shock, took a shaky breath and stood up but ended up collapsing on the wooden floor. The manager rushed over to her and gathered her in his arms and carried her to her room. Jae Yeon ran ahead and held the door open. Their manager gently lay Young Mi on the bed and stepped back.

The maknae lay on the bed, pale and unmoving. The horror was still evident on her face. Min Seo sat down on the bed and wiped away Young Mi's sweat. Yeon Ji frowned and asked loudly, "Who would do this? It's obviously because of Young Mi's relationship with Chanyeol. But that was revealed to the public months ago! Who would be doing this now?"

"I don't know. This could be a death threat for all we know. We should go through Young Mi's fan mail from now on." The manager said. "I'll tell Lee Soo Man now." He left the room while the girls continued to watch over Young Mi.

"Jae Yeon unnie, should we tell Chanyeol oppa?" Hyo Sun asked. "Young Mi would tell us not to but I think he needs to know. She's his girlfriend after all."

Jae Yeon nodded and exited the room to call Chanyeol. So Young and Yeon Ji shot worried glances in Young Mi's direction before leaving the room.