First Attack

My Punishment for Loving You

Kang Min Hyuk (CN Blue) - Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekrDKbmXInw

 

"One, two, three, four." The music blasted through the speakers and the seven girls started to dance. As the first verse started, each girl stepped forward and sang their part. Soon, the bridge and the dance break was coming. The main dancer, Yeon Ji, stood in the middle while the maknae, Young Mi, stood in the left side of the room, singing her high notes while her unnies danced to the beat. After belting out her notes, she stepped back into the formation and blended into the dancing. As the girls did their final pose, the music ended and the feirce glint in their eyes disappeared and their faces had expressions that showed their tired and fatigued selves.

As her unnies plopped down on the floor beside their bags and sweaters, Young Mi ran towards the water cooler and filled up several cups with water. After she filled the last cup, she fished out a tray which she kept behind the water cooler. She placed the cups carefully onto the tray and took a box of tissue and walked over to her unnies.

She hurried over to the leader and the eldest out of all of them, Jae Yeon. She held out the tray of cups and the box of tissues but Jae Yeon waved her away, telling her, "Give the others first. I'll be fine." Young Mi nodded and headed towards her other unnies. She handed each of them a cup of water, which they gratefully gulped down, and held out the box of tissues. They each took a handful of tissues and wiped the sweat dripping down from their skin.

"Thanks, Young Mi-ah," the main rapper, So Young, said.

"Yeah, thanks," agreed Min Seo, the lead vocal.

"We don't know what we'd do without you," grinned Hyo Sun, who was the visual and lead rapper.

"No problem! I'll always be here so don't worry about having to survive without me," Young Mi replied with a grin. She added cheekily, "No matter how annoying I am, you'll have to live with the fact that I'll be sticking to you like glue."

The girls laughed and Young Mi joked, "I have to go and take care of the eldest unnies now." She walked towards the three eldest girls in the group: Jae Yeon, Yeon Ji and Hae In. "Unnies, water~" Young Mi said cheerfully. She gave them each a cup of water and a wad of tissues. They gave her smiles and ruffled her hair, cooing about how cute their maknae looked while taking care of her unnies. Young Mi pulled away and whined about them treating her like a child. They just smiled back at her.

She left the three girls before they could start acting like moms once more. She gave out water to their choreographer and to their managers. Soon, she had given everyone a cup of water and some tissues. It was then that she realized how parched she was. She went back to the water cooler to find it empty. *Oh, there's no more water. I guess I'll have to buy bottled water from the supermarket.*

After telling her managers that she was heading out to buy some water and snacks (at her unnies' request), she left the practice room. As she walked down the empty hallways, she was surprised by a voice saying, "Going somewhere, Young Mi-ya?"

She whirled around to see Chanyeol leaning on the door post of Exo-K's practice room. She placed a hand on her chest, surprised. She let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was just him. "Oh, oppa, it's you. Don't suddenly talk out of nowhere. Next time, I might hit you, thinking you're a ert or something."

Chanyeol chuckled and Young Mi smiled. "Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked.

"Grocery. We're out of water and the unnies need snacks," Young Mi replied.

"Aigoo. Our Young Mi is so caring!" Chanyeol pushed himself off the door post and walked towards Young Mi. They gazed at each other with gentle gazes but Chanyeol pulled Young Mi into a hug, causing her to struggle.

"Oppa! Oppa! Let go!!" She squealed. "I just finished practice! I stink of sweat!" Chanyeol hugged her tighter, murmuring, "It's okay. I stink too."

Young Mi stopped struggling with a small smile. She wrapped her arms around Chanyeol's waist and buried her face into his sweater. He buried his face into her long brown hair and hugged her tighter, savoring the moment. They hadn't been able to meet each other due to their hectic schedules and had only been communicating through calls and text messages.

Young Mi broke the hug, saying, "I should go. The unnies will be wondering why I'm taking so long. Sorry."

Chanyeol pouted, sad that his girlfriend had to go so soon. Suddenly, a light bulb in his head. Young Mi was already walking away when he grabbed her hand and said, "I'm coming with you." When Young Mi gave him a funny look, he mumbled, "I don't know when I'll see you again so..."

Young Mi grinned and shook her head as she intertwined her fingers with his. "Arasso. Let's go!" She pulled him towards the staircase and with hands clasped together and their hoods up, they headed towards the supermarket.

~~~~~~

"Oppa, is there something you want? Something for the other oppas?" Young Mi asked thoughtfully.

"Nope. I don't want to give them anything." Chanyeol muttered.

Laughing, Young Mi dragged him towards the drinks section and told him to bring some back for the other members. When he didn't move a muscle, she grabbed six bottles for each of the Exo-K members and piled it into his arms. "There. Now the other oppas won't throw tantrums." She told him.

They headed to the counter to pay, carefully hiding their faces from the cashier. After paying, they left the grocery only to be intercepted by a couple of girls who had recognized Chanyeol.

"Oppa! Oppa! Saranghaeyo!" They squealed. Young Mi stepped back and watched as Chanyeol took pictures with the girls and signed autographs. They noticed Young Mi and ran over to her to ask for autographs as well. Soon, they waved goodbye and ran away, giggling. Young Mi, chuckled, "It seems like they support our relationship, oppa."

"Yeah. That's a relief." Chanyeol agreed, giving Young Mi a loving smile. Their small exchange of gazes was broken by a loud cracking sound. Young Mi's hand went up to her head and felt something wet flowing down from her hoodie. She held her hand in front of her face and her eyes widened as she saw egg yolk dripping from her fingers. Chanyeol angrily looked around the vicinity to find the culprit but the street was empty.

Young Mi turned around as well but she was hit by a rock in between the eyes. "Ow!" She hissed. Chanyeol cupped her face and saw that there was a huge red welt forming on her forehead. His eyes widened and he growled, "Who in the world threw that?"

Young Mi looked at the ground, searching for the rock. She found it lying by her feet and picked it up gingerly as if it was radioactive. She noticed that there was a word written on the rock. She held it up to the light and gasped when she read it. In permanent marker, the word '' was written on it. She dropped it immediately, determined not to let Chanyeol see.

Luckily, he was too busy searching for the culprit. Young Mi tried to placate him by assuring him that she was fine and when that didn't work, she reminded him that everyone would be looking for them since they had been out for so long. He sighed and reluctantly let her drag him to the SM Building. Before letting Young Mi go back to their practice room, Chanyeol took her to the clinic to get the bump on her forehead checked on.

Afterwards, he walked with her back to the practice room. But before letting her go inside, he took her face in his hand and planted a kiss on her forehead, on the spot where the rock hit her. Young Mi closed her eyes, realizing how much she missed being with Chanyeol. She was almost disappointed when he pulled away. Young Mi watched him head towards Exo-K's practice room and at the last minute, she grabbed his hand. Looking into his eyes, she smiled and whispered, "Love you..."

He turned around and gave her his heart-stoppping grin. He hugged her tightly and murmured, "I love you too." They didn't want to go their separate ways but they knew they had to. They pulled away from each other and Young Mi ran back to StAr's practice room, waving.