The Second Chapter

Dragon's Mate [용의 반려]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  The Second chapter Dragon's Mate [용의 반려] Copyright © justifyEXO & 테리안 2014 All Rights Reserved.       For some reason, I had felt peace within my heart, so without knowing, I had continued to hug Minseok, but after my realization, I quickly let go of my embrace through embarassment. How could I hug a stranger like that? Let alone a dragon? I looked at Minseok as my face slowly began to reddened with embarassment. He on the other hand, continued to gaze at me with eyes filled with tenderness.   "...Anyways, where are we right now?" I asked as I coughed off the awkwardness.   Minseok, who had been looking at me curiously wander my eyes around, answered.   "Will you know if I say...The Glorly of Dragon?"   [The Glorly of Dragon] are schools built especially for dragons; like its name, for the glory of dragons. The schools exist in each capital around the world, and because of the high population of dragons in Korea, the school here is much larger on scale compared to the others. In these schools, the dragons learn of their history and knowledge, and also of humans, until they mature, and fully come of age. The time that dragons are officially considered adults, is at the age of eight hundred years. Those that reach this age, and wish to continue living in these schools, are allowed to do so.   This is all the knowledge I have of The Glory of Dragon.   "...I'm a human, but why...?"   As I mumbled with confusion, Minseok looked at me as if he was hiding something.    "Actually...," he began as he awkwardly laughed, " I did order someone to bring you here, but the biggest reason is..."   Suddenly, the door to the room burst open, and a man walked in.   "...Here comes that reason."   I was surprised that the door had opened in the middle of Minseok's words, but what was even more surprising was the fact that the man who had just opened the door, came walking towards me. My eyes widened as I realized that I knew this man.    "....You're..."   The man looked at me, as I looked up to him from the bed, and he spoke as he gently placed his warm hands upon where my tears had dried.    "My name is Luhan."   I froze with puzzlement as Luhan gave me his name without any explanation. I silently sat there without a word, until I realized that Luhan was looking at me with expectation in his eyes.   "Oh...My name's Lee Haeun..." "...Haeun"   Luhan spoke my name with a gentle kindness, and shined a smile on his face.   "It's beautiful."   As my face automatically heated with Luhan's words, I used my cold hands to settle the redness. To my side, I realized that Minseok seemed a bit troubled.   "Anyways Luhan," he began. "You little bastard, who gave you permission to retain Haeun? Are you out of your mind? I made it clear that you were to bring her back safely without doing anything else to her."   Minseok grabbed onto my wrist and shook it towards Luhan's face. Suddenly, Luhan's expression became grim.    "...Her wrist," Luhan said. "....What?" Minseok asked, confused. "Sir, please don't grab onto her." ".....My goodness," Minseok asked with dumbfounderment.   Minseok let out a laugh, dumbfounded out of his mind, and spoke as he grabbed onto my wrist even harder than before.   "Look here, Luhan," he said. "I'm Haeun's guardian. Do you have a problem with that?" "....Guardian?" Luhan asked.   Through Minseok's words of confidence, Luhan began to grimace. Soon after, however, Luhan forcefully freed my wrist from Minseok's grip, unable to comply.    "...Whatever the reason, don't grab onto her."
"....Okay, okay, I won't," Minseok teased, admitting that he had lost.   As Minseok continued to tease Luhan with sarcasm, I tugged onto his shirt, turning his attention to me.   "What is it, Haeun?" Minseok asked. "Please finish what you were saying before."   Because Minseok still seemed to be confused, I clarified my request.   "You were saying earlier, that there was another reason that you brought me here."   Minseok took a glimpse of Luhan, and was about to answer, when Luhan interjected his words.   "There is a rule that a woman who has been retained by a dragon currently attending The Glory of Dragon, must accompany him here."   I looked towards Luhan with mere confusion, unable to comprehend his words. Luhan closed his eyes, and as he opened them, he continued.   "So what I'm trying to say is..." he began, "I fell for you, the moment I laid eyes on you." "...E-excuse me?"   Luhan's words had been so sudden, but because I could feel sincerity in them, my face began to feel hot with embarassment. My face froze with further puzzlement as Luhan continued on.   "I ended up retaining you," he confessed. "I'm sorry...I didn't know what I was doing. I was led by my instincts..."   Seeing Luhan bow his head towards me with apology, reminded me of a dog punished by its owner. Minseok sighed as he simply watched Luhan act uneasy around me, and pointed towards my wrist.    "Haeun, do you see that symbol on your inner wrist?"   As I turned my wrist to take a look, there was a mark, just as Minseok had said.    "That's the sign that you have been retained. If you look at Luhan's inner wrist, you'll see the same symbol."   With Minseok's explana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter