The Fourth Chapter

Dragon's Mate [용의 반려]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE Fourth CHAPTER Dragon's Mate [용의 반려] Copyright © justifyEXO & 테리안 2014 All Rights Reserved.       It is a memory from when I younger than now. That particular day, I had an alarmingly high fever. The fever that had begun in the middle of the night had showed no signs of going down, and my parents, who had not failed to be continuously anxious, had taken me to the hospital as soon as dawn had risen. Despite their anticipation, the doctors had announced that they did not know the cause.   I had assured my parents, who had been unable to leave my side, and had sent my dad to work. After my mother had fed me some medicine, she had told me to rest, and had left the hospital room, leaving me alone.   From the heat that could almost heat up the entire room, I had not been able to gain control of my mentality, but from the sudden sounds of a stranger's voice, I had strained my eyes open.   "...I was wondering what this scent was..."   I had been able to hear a stranger mumble, and feel him gaze at me. If it had been any other day, I would have screamed from the appearance of a suspicious man, but because I did not have even the smallest bit of energy to open my mouth that day, I had simply watched whatever actions the man had been pursuing.   "...You're gonna feel a bit better..."   Then, on my forehead that had been steaming with heat, I had felt the touch of something cool. It had only been momentary in which I had flinched, because of the extremely low temperature of his hand. Unconsiously, I had eventually shined a smile on my face, thanks to the feeling of being cooled off. As the man had seen me lose my self control as I had unconsiously smiled, I had heard him hold back a laugh. The hand that had been placed on my forehead and been taken off, and the same hands had softly been replaced on my lips.   "...If you smile like that..."   I had felt his fingers trace the outline of my lips.   "...It'll get dangerous..."   From the tingling feeling in my lips, I had shook my head, and had turned my body around. With my face planted in a pillow, I had been in such a position for a couple minutes, when I felt something warm touch and disappear from the back of my neck.   "...Later...when you're a bit more older...I'll come back..."   The man had the back of my neck once, and had open the window thereafter.   "That's a sign that you're mine until that time comes. See you soon, Haeun..."   I had wondered how the man had known my name, but I had quickly recalled my nametag on my uniform that had been hanging in my closet. And with that, I had once again fallen into a deep slumber.   The fever had gone down after a day, but when the heat had prompted me to tie my hair up, my mother had frowned and told me otherwise.   "Child, it would be best for you not to tie your hair up from now on." "Why's that?" I had asked. "...It's all for your best child, so listen to me, alright?"   From my mother's sincere words, all I could do was nod my head in obedience.                                                                   Yesterday night, all of the unrealistic events that had happened to me, prompted me to fall asleep as soon as I had returned to the dormitories. This morning however, the chirping of birds awakened me from my sleep.

"...Did you sleep well, Haeun?"

As I squinted my eyes from the bright sunlight, Luhan smiled at me with fondness, and my hair back. I remained dazed as Luhan's soft touches had shaken my hair strands, but quickly screamed as I rose from bed.

"...L-Luhan, w-what are you, w-why are you...here Luhan?"
"....Huh?" Luhan asked in confusion.
"I mean, t-this is a female d-dorm, but...why....Luhan?"

Luhan smiled as he saw me confused, and planted his lips onto his mark engraved within my inner wrist with satisfaction. From such a sensation, my face began to redden.

"Is it wrong to come into the room of my retained woman?" Luhan asked.
"...N-no, not necessarily, but..."

As I stumbled upon my words, Luhan looked at me with bewilderment, but soon burst out into laughter from my words that followed.

"I've never even had a boyfriend before!" I shouted. "...And not only that, but I just woke up, so you just saw me when I'm the most ugly..!"

Luhan, who had been standing before me, used his hands to carefully caress my red cheeks into his two hands.

"No, you were beautiful," he whispered.
"...What?"
"I wanted to wake you as soon as I walked in, but because you were sleeping so beautifully..."

From Luhan's eyes that looked so lovingly at me, my face began to redden once more. I had lowered my head to stare at the floor, when Luhan suddenly began to push me towards the wash room.

"Haeun, you're gonna be late to school like this. Hurry and wash up," he said.

My eyes began to dart, worrying with anxiety that he may disappear while I washed up, but Luhan spoke as if he were assuring me.

"I'll wait for you here."

Smiling from Luhan's words, I nodded my head, and turned away towards the bathroom. Luhan, who had been watching me until I had closed the door behind me, switched his view towards the female student uniform hanging in the closet. After looking down at his own male student uniform, at the female student uniform, then back at his own, he shyly smiled.

"...It looks like a couple-look," he muttered.

Although he had learned of the term "couple-look" during one of his human classes, he had not known it would be such a great term as this. Luhan lifted his hand to touch the brooch on the uniform, which resembled his symbol. The brooch of Luhan's symbol, hanging on my uniform, shined in the rising sunlight.

                                                         

"...Uh, Luhan?" I asked.
"What is it?"

Luhan had my hand firmly in his grip as we walked, and I soon nervously called out his name, as the number of eyes on us began to increase.

"....Don't you think everyone's staring at us?"

As I uneasily spoke while tightening my grip on Luhan's hand, he took a look around, and began to grimace.

"...What're you all staring at? Do we look like a circus to you?" Luhan gnarled at those around us.

From his words, the students who had been staring lowered their heads and fled the area in fear.

"You're okay now, right?" Luhan asked with a smile.

All traces of the aggressiveness from earlier had disappeared, and Luhan spoke to me in tenderness, assuring that all was going to be okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter