The Fifth Chapter

Dragon's Mate [용의 반려]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE Fifth CHAPTER Dragon's Mate [용의 반려] Copyright © justifyEXO & 테리안 2014 All Rights Reserved.       Luhan, who had been remaining silent after seeing Chanyeol's symbol on Haeun's neck, finally let go of Haeun's hair, and covered the mark as if he no longer wanted to look at it.   "Do you understand now, hyung?" Chanyeol began. "That I was the first one to retai--"
"So what does that change?" Luhan snapped.
"...What?" Chanyeol asked in confusion.
"You're the one that said so yourself. That more than one dragon is allowed to retain on a single female."   Chanyeol could only stand in silence to Luhan's response, and grimace to his words that followed afterwards.   "It would be best for you to stop talking like Haeun is in your sole possession."
"What?!" Chanyeol shouted.   Aggrevated by Luhan's words, Chanyeol was unable to maintain his self control. As Chanyeol was about to use his power, someone was quick to intervene.   "Chanyeol, what do you think you're doing?" a voice called out.   The man of the voice was easily able to put out the firey flames that were rising from Chanyeol's hands. He spoke with a smile as he clenched his teeth tightly.    "Didn't I warn you that the use of powers is strictly prohibited within classrooms?" "...Professor Joonmyun...." Jongdae began, "this is..."
"I didn't ask you, Kim Jongdae," the man said as he cut off Jongdae's words. "Park Chanyeol, I want you to answer me right now."   Haeun was thankful that the man had stopped the tension between Luhan and Chanyeol, but was afraid of the way the man continued to speak harshly with a smile on his face. The strong, indirect energy she received from the man was immense, and so, she could only worry about Chanyeol, who was receiving this overwhelming energy directly. Haeun looked at Chanyeol and gave him a look of worry. As a response, Chanyeol took his gaze off of the man, and spoke as he locked his gaze with Haeun.   "...The girl I told you about...is her. Lee Haeun." "...What?" Joonmyun whispered.   Joonmyun had heard about Haeun from Minseok, and could not hide the fact that he was surprised. He suddenly remembered the day Chanyeol had returned from somewhere, and had asked to talk to him.   "Professor! I think I finally found her!"   Chanyeol's face had been filled with excitement, as he had burst through his office. When he had asked him what was going on, Chanyeol had showed a response that was rather different from his previous, introverted responses.   "The mate to be by my side, until death do us part...I finally found her!"   Yes, Joonmyun clearly remembered himself congradulating Chanyeol at that moment. However, wasn't Haeun already retained on by Luhan? Although it wasn't an impossible situation where more than one dragon retained a single female...   Joonmyun put a hand to his head as a migrane kicked in, but quickly put it back down when he spotted Chanyeol and Luhan glaring at each other, and Haeun, who could not keep still with anxiety. He let out a sigh as he looked at these three, and the other students around them.   "Alright, but was there really something that upset you enough to force you to use your powers?" Joonmyun asked.
"Of course there was!" Chanyeol yelled. "I was the first one to retain her, but this hyung told me to stop talking as if Haeun was mine...!"  "I was just trying to point out that Haeun is not yours, just because you retained on her first," Luhan said. "I just didn't like the way you were talking." "...Luhan hyung!" Chanyeol shouted with anger.   Joonmyun grabbed his head as his migrane escalated with Chanyeol's lack of self control, but suddenly froze as something had just hit his realization.   "But Chanyeol, what do you mean you 'retained her first'"? Joonmyun cautiously asked.   There was a moment of silence, as Chanyeol dropped his head to the floor and sorted out his words.   "It's exactly what it means," Chanyeol whispered. "That day...the first day I met Haeun..."
"Why didn't you tell me the day it happened?" "...From what I know, it isn't a requirement for me to let everyone know," Chanyeol weakly answered.   Joonmyun could only let out a sigh, as there was no fault in Chanyeol's reasoning. He looked at Luhan and Chanyeol, who were still glaring at each other, and began to speak.   "The two of you; Come see me when class is over." "...But, Haeun," Luhan muttered. "The other kids will Haeun back. That's alright with you, right Haeun?"   Haeun could not resist, but nod to Joonmyun's soft voice. She turned to Luhan and Chanyeol, whose eyes were filled with worry, and awkwardly smiled an apologetic smile.   "...Well," Joonmyun began, "we have to have class, right? Everyone sit down in their seats."   Following Joonmyun's words, Haeun took a seat at a desk. She could only awkwardly smile, as both Chanyeol and Luhan began to fight on who was to sit next to her.   "Get lost, Park Chanyeol," Luhan warned. "The seat next to Haeun is mine."
"Why don't you move, hyung?" Chanyeol snapped. "That's my seat." "...W-wait," Haeun mumbled.   Out of the corner of his eye, Joonmyun spotted Haeun looking upset and worried, as the two fought about their seats. He let out a sigh and began to speak.   "Just have Haeun sit in the middle, and the two of you sit on either side of her!" he yelled. "Why are you two fighting on such a childish matter?!"   Sensing Joonmyun's anger, both Chanyeol and Luhan silently took a seat on either side of Haeun. Joonmyun ruffled his hand through his hair, as he attempted to cool down.                                                                   "...Haeun, do you know how a dragon actually retains?" Joonmyun asked. "Huh?...N-no, I dont," Haeun quietly answered.   As if he had already expected her answer, Joonmyun smiled and looked at Chanyeol and Luhan.   "...I hope Haeun will not be shocked after hearing this," Joonmyun said.   Haeun wondered what Joonmyun could possibly talk about with the mysterious smile on his face. Contrary to Joonmyun's calm, smiling face, both Chanyeol and Luhan looked extremely uncomfortable as they stole glances of Haeun.   "There goes Professor Joonmyun with his mischievious joke again," Tao said under his breath.
"...What if Haeun get's shocked?" Jongdae worried.   As Tao and Jongdae mumbled to themselves, Kyungsoo kept silent as he stared at Haeun. He had not reazlied it when she had first walked in, but there was a sense of warmth radiating from her.   "When dragons retain, they press their lips on the body part of the female, in which corresponds to the body part of the dragon, where their individual symbols are," Joonmyun explained. "...What?" Haeun asked in shock. "So, Luhan placed his lips on your inner wrist," Joonmyun continued, "and Chanyeol....wow, you're brave. How did you kiss her neck..."   Joonmyun's tone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter