The Sixth Chapter

Dragon's Mate [용의 반려]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE Sixth CHAPTER Dragon's Mate [용의 반려] Copyright © justifyEXO & 테리안 2014 All Rights Reserved.       He had been a child that had never been blessed.   His father had been a dragon, and his mother had been the woman that had been retained by him. However, his mother had not loved his father, and the father, who had loved her so much, ended up crossing a river that he had no chance of returning from. Seeing the woman refuse to become his mate, the father one sidedly kept the mother prisoner out of anger. As a result, he was born.   After passing on his strength of a dragon to him, his father became a common human, and met his death through his mother. However, she was unable to use such horrific violence to a baby, which led her to raise him as best as she could. Until that one day.   "...Mom?"
"Don't come near me!"   In the tenth year that he was born, his mother suddenly began to fear him.   "M-mom...but it's me...Sehun..."
"Don't come, I said don't come!"
"Mom..."   The more he walked closer to her, the more his mother began to scream and push him away. In her eyes, were contempt and hatred. After this day, his mother began to look more haggard, and the time she spent talking to herself increased as the days went on.   "...Mom, I-"
"...No, stop...stop...."
"...Mom."
"Don't come...I'll kill you if you come near me..."   His mother mumbled into the air, avoiding eye contact with him, and staring off into empty space. He had begged her to stop, crying and yelling out of anger and frustration. Seeing his mother lose control of herself, he had been slowly losing his own strength, until the day finally came.   "Mom, I'm-"   Before him had not been the mother that had emotionlessly been there whenever he had returned home from somewhere. It had not been the mother that had souleslly mummbled to herself.   "....M-mom?"   The water filled in the bathtub was of a red color. As if it were proving that the liquid was blood, the air was pungent with the smell of iron. He was not afraid, nor was he disgusted. The emotion he had felt was simply nothingness. He was unable to feel anything. His mother had looked peaceful for the first time in her life, and he could only stand and stare blankly, as the blood that was overflowing from the edge of the tub, slowly wet his feet.
                                                  After mother had committed suicide, he had spent my days wandering the streets. If he was tired, he slept, and if he was hungry, he walked into a store, and stole food. Like that, a couple hundred years passed. As if it were proving that he was the child of a dragon, his growth was extremely slow. For this reason, the young and innocent boy received harsh criticism and judgement everywhere he went. They all pointed towards him, and said he was a monster. After he wandered here and there like this, he came to realize that he was unlike everyone else. When he learned of this truth, he stopped coming forth in front of them.   Time continued on, and as it did so, the world became easier to live. Just as the world became easier, humans became self centered. As the world changed, his physical appearance also changed. His body, which he believed would never grow, soon became like an average middle schooler's, and his face, which had once been naiive and innocent, changed into a cold, expressionless one. Even in the orphanage that he had wandered into, he ignored everyone that attempted to approach him. He knew all too well that he would end up being hurt again.   "Hello, there."   Even that day, he had been blankly staring off into space. It had been like every other normal day.   "Are you Sehun? Nice to meet you, my name is Haeun."   Everyone that had visited the orphanage had all tried to start a conversation with him. When he ignored their consideration, they had all turned their backs to him with anger. Haeun however, was different. Like the sweet scent that radiated from her, her persistancy that lasted despite him ignoring her, was like nothing he had experienced before.   "Noona would really like to hear Sehun's voice though..."   He had scoffed at her words, as he thought to himself, "Noona who? I've lived hundreds of years more than you have."   "Sehun, today-"
"...Why do you keep talking to me?"
"...What?"   When he couldn't take it anymore, and spoke up, she had look quite surprised.   "Well, of course it's because I want to get close to you, Seh-" "...I don't intend to get close with you."   She had frozen in silence, when he had said those words. He had pondered upon the thought that he might have been a bit too harsh. He had wondered why he was so concerned about this girl, when he had had no concern for everyone else before her. Even he was unable to understand himself.   As he had frowned in a grimace, he had soon heard the girl's footsteps following his silence. In the end, this girl was no different from the others. Although he knew that he had been the one to push her away, he had felt a sense of disappointment. From the lonliness that had rushed towards him, he had burried his face into his knees.   "...Sehun, lift up your head."   While he had been feeling half empty, yet half glad, that he was alone again, he had heard a voice. From the scent that suddenly struck his senses, Sehun's eyes quickly widened with surprise.   "I don't know why you're so cautious of opening up to people," she began. "At first, I just came here to fill up volunteering requirements for school, and honestly, I just wanted to get this over with."   Sehun had dumbfoundedly scoffed at Haeun's honest, delinquent words.    "But after seeing you, I couldn't get you out of my head," she continued.   Haeun's words had caught Sehun off guard, causing his eyes to widen with surprise again. The girl had suddenly embraced him along with her deep, sweet scent, as Sehun's face had begun to redden from the shared warmth.   "Your eyes were calling out to me -- 'I'm lonely. Please give me some love'."
"It's not like that," Sehun had argued.   Contradictory to his words, Sehun's arms had wrapped around Haeun in a tighter embrace. Sensing his loneliness, the girl had simply patted his back in understanding.   "So, there's no need to hide yourself from everyone. It's not wrong to wish to be loved."   From that day on, Haeun had visited Sehun whenever she had time, and Sehun had slowly opened up to her. He had begun to call her 'noona', and had built a relationship with someone for the first time. Then, a day came, when all of this was stripped away from
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter