The First Chapter

Dragon's Mate [용의 반려]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The first chapter Dragon's Mate [용의 반려] Copyright © justifyEXO & 테리안 2014 All Rights Reserved.       It had been a day like any other.   I had said my goodbyes to my father, who had been on his way to work after his morning shower, and I had said my goodbyes to my mother who had waved towards me, as I exited the house after finishing my breakfast. After I rode the bus to my university and had faithfully studied, I had watched some televsion upon returning back home. Everything had been the same, if it hadn't been for the sound of the door bell that I heard after finishing dinner with my parents.    Yes, it would really have been a day like any other.   ".....M-mom."   My whole surroundings had been red. It had already been long since my father lay as a cold corpse, after being stabbed multiples of times, and my mother had rushed me into a closet, urgently speaking, as she closed the doors.   "Child, no matter what happens, do not step out, okay?"   From between the crack in the door, I could see my mother's fragile shoulders. The sound of skin being cut open by a sharp object had echoed throughout the silence, and blood had unrealistically spewed into the air. I had covered my mouth and muffled all sounds -- I dared not scream. Because I had known my parents' desperate actions were an attempt to protect me, I couldn't reveal my location and have my parents' sacrifice go up into thin air.   Yet, from the small crack in the door, I had met eyes with the murderer. As he burst open the door, and dragged me out by the leg, he said, "I found you." As he finished his words, and looked me over with a shrill smirk, he adjusted his grip on the blood stained knife, and raised his hand. Because I felt disgust, everytime I looked into his eyes, I turned my head away. My parents' desperate sacrifice was now all becoming in vain. I would feel the blood drops, falling from the tip of the knife, and smearing into my clothes. Warm -- it's still warm. As it had finally hit me that my parents had just died, tears began to stream down my cheeks.   The moment that the knife had swung down at me, I had closed my eyes, but had felt no pain. With the sound of something falling onto the floor, I could hear a painful cry coming from the man. Captivated by my fear and uncertainty, I couldn't open my eyes, but through the silence that followed after what sounded like a body collapasing onto the floor, I carefully opened my two eyes.     A man who had been staring at my collapsed self on the floor, walked over to me with eyes filled with sympathy, and stretched out a hand. As I relexively flinched from his proximity, the man suddenly froze, then spoke with an unrealistically beautiful smile on his face.   "...It's okay. I won't hurt you."   As the man spoke his last words, all tension within my body was released, and my eyes instantly closed. The memory of the man carefully approaching me and lifting me up, was the last thing I could recall. After that, all consiousness was lost.                                                             In a space that was entirely black, I was alone. As I looked around my surroudings to feel lonliness creeping up on me, everything was suddenly stained red.   'My beautiful child, Haeun.'
"...Mom?"
'No matter what happens, don't step out.'
  From the small crack between the closet door, I could see my mother being violently stabbed. The figure of my mother disintegrated, and as I looked around, I met eyes with the murderer.    '....I found you,' he said.   Breathing heavy breaths, I woke myself from the nightmare and covered my eyes with my two hands, desperately hoping to erase the last moments of my parents. Those eyes that did not let out a scream, despite the fact that they were violently murdered. Those eyes that only worried about me, even in the final, last moments.   I began to aggressively rub my clothes in an attempt to erase the red blood stains on my clothes, b
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter