Love Too Sweet

When I Look at You

"You like me too?"

 

Ji Won's eyes already started to fill up with tears from the moment Ha Neul started talking. She had absolutely no idea what to say, do, or even how to properly look at the time.

Now that Ji Won looked back at their date; she began to realize how Ha Neul was pointing out every key spot where something first happened. From their first date, first time they held hands, first fight, first kiss, and now; this was happening.

Everyone who knew about Ha Neul & Ji Won's relationship always told them that they were perfect together. Little did they know, they weren't perfect; they weren't even close to it. They fought here and there, they treated each other like little kids; but at the end of the day, both of them only looked at each other and that's all that mattered. 
No matter what little arguments they got into; Ha Neul never failed to make an effort, make her smile, and do his best to make sure she remembers that she was his queen. No, not princess, queen. 
Every time Ha Neul laid his eyes on Ji Won, he treated her with the most utter respect everyone should be treated. He acted as if she was his highness; and not even once, did he ever complain. She was blessed to have Ha Neul; and she wouldn't have anyone else even if she had the chance.

When Ji Won saw Ha Neul get down on one knee; there was only one word running through her mind.

"Yes!" Ji Won nearly shouted; echoing through the empty restaurant, "A million times yes!"
Ha Neul slid the ring onto her finger and got up with the widest smile on his face before taking her small body and kissing her soft lips.

To Ji Won's surprise, the dim restaurant light's suddenly and people came out from the back rooms clapping. But they weren't just ordinary people; they were the most important people in her life. Her cousins, aunts, uncles, but the two most important people came out last; her own father and mother.

"You- you got all of my family to come." Ji Won teared up some more; even more lost for words now.

Her father and mother waved cutely at the couple; and stepped closer to them.

"Ha Neul spoke to us weeks in advance about this proposal." Her mom smiled, "We were on his side without a doubt; you deserve to be happy."
Her dad nodded his head; "There isn't any other guy I would let take my daughter away from me." 

Everyone around them began to tear up by hearing how when her dad spoke; his voice was cracking from how he prevented himself from crying. Nothing was more touching than a father talk about their little princess.

"Ji Won, this is one of those days all fathers dread; so you can't blame me if I say that I'm not ready." He forced a laugh, "But the fact that you will be with Ha Neul, makes me know that you will be safe." He turned to Ha Neul, "You better not make me take back those words." he jokingly threatened.

Ha Neul nodded his head; "I love her more than the world, father."
Her dad nodded his head in approval.

---

Krystal sighed to herself; sitting alone at home used to be a regular thing to her. But now that she became so busy with the drama and everything; it was as if sitting at home was a foreign time consumer. And she hated it.
She flipped through all the channels for something to watch; and of course, only dramas after dramas. From new ones, to re-runs; she's sworn she's watched them all.
She was about to just give up and go take a nap; but she heard the door bell ring.

"Coming!" Krystal called out in her little voice.
Once she opened the door; the last person she'd expect at a random time stood in front of her, "Minho? What are you doing here?"

Minho bit the inside of his cheek; his insides bouncing all over inside of him. It wasn't like it was his first time ever confessing to a girl; it was just his first time being nervous as he confessed to a girl.

Minho, it's now or never. He gave her a quick smile, "You know that thing I was about to tell you the other day?"
Krystal slowly nodded her head; "Yeah, what about it?"
"I think it's time to tell you." Minho let out.
"Okay.." Krystal bit her lip; wondering what he had such a nervous look for, "Come in." she led him inside; watching him take conscious steps.

Minho turned back around; looking her straight in the eyes, "If you don't mind, please sit."
Krystal tilted her head; "Okay.." she said again; being told to sit down at her own place wasn't quite the normal thing.

Minho walked the opposite direction; scratching the back of is neck, already feeling sweat trickle down. God, why was today such a hot day.
He finally found the guts to turn back around; knowing it had to happen now.

"I'm gonna do something I don't usually do, or even like doing for that matter." Minho pulled up a chair in front of her and left only a few feet of space between them.

Krystal's eyes slightly widened; curious as to what he was about to do.

What surprised Krystal the most, was the fact that she didn't even realize him carrying a guitar in the house with him.

"Since when did you play guitar?" Krystal asked.
Minho chuckled, "I told you I don't do this often." Without another word, he began to play.

After hearing Minho sing out the first lines, Krystal already knew what song it was.
He was doing an acoustic rendition of one of SHINee's most beautiful songs, Quasimodo.

Minho let his fingers strum the strings of the guitar in the most perfect way possible; his eyes naturally closed as his mouth sang those painful but beautiful words.

"Even if I can't have you, 
in the end, even when my heart is blocked;
by the wall of sad connection.
I love you, if it's a place;
where I can just watch you.
Because you're my everything."

Minho sang the chorus once more and with that, he ended the song. His eyes slowly opened up; just to see Krystal flushing in tears.

Krystal stared into his eyes; she had absolutely nothing to say, simply because no one has ever done something like that for her. She had no idea how to react; and Minho could tell.

Minho gave her a soft smile, setting his guitar down. He pulled his chair closer in front of Krystal and reached out for her small hands.
He stared down at the hands he's wanted to hold for the longest time; and just because of that, he smiled to himself.
"Krystal," Minho looked up into her brown eyes, "You do not even understand how long I've been waiting for the right time to tell you what I've been feeling inside. Every moment I get to spend with you, I just want to take it and keep it in my pocket because it's always a moment I want to go back to. The past months I've gotten to know you, have been the most memorable and amazing times of my life. I know you and I barely get time together and I might sound crazy for thinking I'm already in love with you; but I do not even care. I'm not sure if the way I feel about you is mutual, but I just need you to know that I'm willing to take risks for you and I to work out. I just don't think I can last being just friends with you anymore."

Throughout Minho's whole speech, Krystal's eyes remained focused on their hands intertwined between them; there was hardly space between them either.
She felt Minho's hands shaking and even starting to sweat; and for some reason, that just made Krystal like him even more.

"Minho." Krystal finally looked up to meet his eyes.

Minho stared at her in confusion, "What do you mean? I just want-"

Krystal laughed, smiling at him as she shut him up by grabbing his face; and pulling him in to kiss his lips.

Minho's eyes grew larger than they already were; but when he started to get back to reality and saw what was happening, his eyes closed as well.
He let go of his hands and held her neck as he tilted his head to make their position feel more comfortable.

They both smiled throughout the kiss; and after a couple seconds, Krystal pulled away and backed up into the couch.

"You wouldn't stop talking." She smirked.
Minho slapped his face, shaking his head, "You- you just kissed me."
Krystal nodded her head; "Yes I did."

The smile on Minho's face got bigger and eventually he caught on to what was going on; "You like me too?"
Krystal sighed, "If that wasn't obvious enough; yes Minho, I like you too."
Minho stood up; grabbing her fragile body as he lifted her up and spun her around in a hug.
Krystal smacked his back and he finally abided and let her down; "You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment."
"Really?" Minho held her waist; "I knew you've totally been into me."
She hit his shoulder, "Shut up." Krystal joked, wrapping her arms around his neck; "But you're right."
Minho kissed her forehead and looked her in the eyes again; "I hope you know that as much as I don't want to, we have to keep this relationship a secret."
Krystal nodded her head; "I'm willing to do whatever it is to prove to you I'm worth your time and effort."
He leaned in and kissed her cheek; "I already know you're worth everything. I hope you don't find being with me to be a burden."
"Not at all." Krystal gave him an assuring smile, "I know what I'm getting into; and believe me, I'm ready."

Minho couldn't even find the right words to place in his mind at the time. He was the happiest person and he just couldn't believe that the most beautiful girl he's ever laid eyes on, was finally his.

"What?" Krystal giggled, "You're not saying anything."
Minho shook his head, "You're beautiful, you know?"

She rolled her eyes, Krystal never really knew how to react to compliments; but when they came from Minho, she couldn't help but really feel special that time.

Minho leaned in without hesitation and kissed her again. He knew that feeling would be something he'd never get tired of.

Minho spent the rest of the day with Krystal and he only wished that it wouldn't end.

"So is this our first date?" Minho ran his hands through her long black hair and kissed the top of her head.
Krystal blushed, "I guess you could say that." she turned off the TV and looked back up at him, her main focus on his lips.
Minho smiled down at her and leaned down.

But of course, they were only interrupted.

Jessica came trudging in with a huge smirk on her face; "Looks like things went well between you two."
"Unnie, always coming in at the wrong time." Krystal patted Minho's chest and sat up; "It's getting pretty late anyways."
Minho sighed, only looking at Krystal, "Do I really have to go?"
Jessica raised her eyebrows at him, "I was never fond of boys sleeping over for Krystal; and just because I know you Minho, doesn't mean you'll be an exception."

Krystal covered her face in embarrassment; she was already 19 and Jessica knew that her and Myungsoo have had before, but she still treated her like a little girl. Although her intentions were never bad.

"Okay, okay; I understand." Minho stood up; flattening the shirt that got wrinkled up by Krystal laying on his chest.
Krystal stood up as well; "I'll walk you out."
Jessica chuckled, "I'll leave you two."

Krystal & Minho walked to the front door and Minho turned around to face Krystal; just smiling again.
"There you go again, just looking at me without saying a word." Krystal crossed her arms over her chest.
Minho sighed, "I get speechless whenever I look at you; that's why."
Krystal shook her head; smacking his chest, "Cheesy dude I swear."
He laughed along with her; grabbing her hands, "But honestly, you've made me the happiest person ever today."
"You did too, Minho, you did too." Krystal rubbed her thumb over his soft hands; "This is only the beginning."
Minho nodded his head, "It won't be easy; but I promise you, it'll be worth it."
Krystal kissed him again; never wanting that moment to end.

---

When Minho & Krystal thought things couldn't get better between them; it did.
Ha Neul & Ji Won called them over the next day at their loft to tell them the big news.

---

Krystal covered , "I'm so happy for you two!"
"Oh trust me, we're even happier for you two." Ji Won winked, nudging Krystal with a smirk.
Krystal bit her lip; glancing up at Minho, "That's nothing to compared to a proposal, unnie."
Ha Neul winked at Minho, "Funny how it all happens on what day eh?"
"Crazy actually." Minho put his arm over Krystal's chair, "I'm happy for you two honestly though, I've never met two people so compatible before."
Ha Neul kissed Ji Won on the side of her head; caressing her back while drawing circles, "You two are our first friends to find out about our engagement."
Krystal smiled, "I'm truly honored."
Ji Won reached out for Krystal's hand; "Ha Neul & I actually called you both over today for another reason though."
"What may that be?" Minho leaned forward to focus.

Ha Neul & Ji Won exchanged quick smiles before speaking up again.

Ji Won took a deep breath before smiling wide again, "Since I started acting at such a young age, I never really got time to make friends out of the industry. I've find it hard to become closer to other female actresses because it's not easy. But I was thankful to have met a girl as genuine and as nice as you, Krystal. Which is why it would be a true honor for me if you would be my Maid of Honor."
"Wh-what?" Krystal's eyes widened, "You want me to be your Maid of Honor?"
Ji Won shook her head, "No, scratch that, I need you to be my Maid of Honor because I've never had a girl friend as close as you Krystal. Really, our wedding wouldn't be complete without you."
Krystal looked up at Minho and turned back to the newly engaged couple; "Yes, a million times yes. I would love to."
"Yay!" Ji Won clapped her hands, "You've already made me a happier gal."

Minho & Ha Neul chuckled; loving how their two favorite girls interacted with each other.

"And if it wasn't obvious enough, I would really appreciate if you'd be my Best Man bro." Ha Neul said with a raise of his eyebrows.
Minho pretended to act all sentimental; holding his chest to gather a couple laughs, "It would be a pleasure." he chuckled.
Ha Neul gave him a knuckle touch; "Good lookin' bro."
"Of course." Minho looked at Ji Won, "Show us the rock."

Ji Won laughed again, "Who knew that you would be more interested in my ring than Krystal?"
Minho shrugged his shoulders, "I just wanna see if the ring he gave you was the one that I picked out."

Ji Won narrowed her eyes, looking at Ha Neul, "Minho knew about the proposal?"
Ha Neul smiled sheepishly, "He was the only person I told before telling your parents." he paused, "I needed help finding the perfect one for the perfect girl."

Krystal covered ; butterflies all over the air, "You two are so fcking cute. Excuse me language but I can't handle my excitement."

Ji Won blushed, holding her hand out; letting the ring show off in the lighting.

Both Minho & Krystal's mouth dropped; not only was the ring beautiful, but it sure as hell looked it expensive.

Minho looked at Ha Neul, "You actually got this one?"
Ha Neul nodded his head, "It was worth it."
Ji Won pouted her lips; looking at Ha Neul, confused, "Was this not the original ring you were going to get?"
"Hell to the no." Minho in, "I didn't even dare touch that thing because I would be terrified to even leave a finger print on it."
Ji Won tilted her head; examining the ring.

Minho sighed, "That thing cost a mere $200,000.00. Not even won; fcking US dollars."

"What?!" Both Ji Won & Krystal nearly spat out their drinks.

Ji Won smacked Ha Neul's chest; "Tell me he's lying."
"Well," Ha Neul smirked, shrugging his shoulders, "you shouldn't even be worrying about the ring babe. Every penny was worth it."
Ji Won stared at the ring some more; "So I'm just supposed to walk around with a ring that costs $200,000.00 and not freak out?!"
"Shh." Ha Neul rubbed her back, "If you lose it, oh well, I'd still buy you the same exact ring. $200,000.00 is not even close to the price you're worth to me."

Minho & Krystal just simply smiled to another. If there was a couple they looked up to; it was hands down Ha Neul & Ji Won. They were simply a match made in Heaven.

Minho surprised Krystal by grabbing her hand underneath the table; squeezing it tightly.
Krystal turned to face him; and just by seeing his eyes focus on her, only made her smile even bigger.

"Stop looking at Ha Neul; it's making me jealous." Minho straight up said.

Ha Neul & Ji Won exchanged laughter; now focused on the new couple in front of them.

Krystal rolled her eyes; touching his neck, "My eyes are only for you, and only you."
Minho smiled back, leaning forward to kiss her forehead; "I promise you the same."

 

 

Oh God.

Where do I even begin?

I can't even express in words how sorry I am for leaving you all hanging here.

I promised that I would update at least once every two weeks; but school got the best of me, along with my part time job.

I hope you all forgive me with this update of Minho & Krystal finally confessing to one another!

Along with Ha Neul & Ji Won's proposal scene. I honestly enjoyed writing this chapter a whole, whole lot.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get an update next; but I just know this story is far from ending.

Please keep supporting me because I love & thank you guys so so much.

Find out what happens in the upcoming chapters!

Please comment, vote up, subscribe, etc!

I LOVE YOU ALL <3