An Eye Opener

When I Look at You

"You're the girl I like; and if the girl I like is gonna be happier with someone else, then I'll just have to accept it."

 

Lay felt around in his back pockets; his face filled with worry.

"What are you looking for?" Kris narrowed his eyes.

Lay scratched the back of his neck; opening his bag with his other hand, "I think I lost my cell phone."

"Bwoh?!" Tao jumped in, "You lost your phone? Do you know where it is?"

"If I said I lost my phone, I clearly have no idea dumb nut." Lay sassed back.

Tao raised his hands up in defense; "Well sorry." he pouted, "Someone's in a bad mood."

Kris tugged on his arm, "You fcking took a picture of Minho & Krystal; please tell me you deleted that sht."

"Well," Lay bit his lip in nervousness, "I never thought I'd lose my phone okay!"

"Minho's gonna kill you." Kris warned him.

 

"Why is Minho gonna kill Lay?" Kai walked in on his phone; texting the night away.

Lay sighed, he was gonna find out eventually; "I lost my cell phone and literally have no idea where it could be right now."

Kai looked up from his phone; his eyes piercing straight into Lay, "You, lost, your, phone?"

Lay nodded his head; covering his head, "Don't hurt me."

Kai shook his head, "I told you not to take a picture of Minho & Krystal in the first place! Now that's probably gonna get leaked by tomorrow morning."

"Come on guys, let's be more positive." Kris pitched in, "What if the person who finds his phone is a good person and chooses to return it without looking through it?"

 

The rest of the EXO members gave him stares as if he was crazy.

 

"Kris, you found a wallet the other day and took the money out then set the wallet back on the street." Xiumin reminded him.

Kris turned a dark red; shrugging his shoulders, "Free money."

Chen rolled his eyes, "You're an idol and still begging for money; weird how things work eh?"

Kris glared at him; "Whatever."

 

Lay scratched his head, "I need to call my phone company and get them to shut down my phone before someone goes through it."

 

---

 

The next days went far more smoother than any other day; especially compared to how crazy things have been the past weeks.

 

"I'm really happy people are back on track today; it makes mine & Krystal's jobs so much easier." Jin Hyuk commented.

Ha Neul & Ji Won both flashed wide smiles at the two, Sulli crossed her arms as usual, and Minho gave Krystal a quick playful wink.

 

Krystal moved a piece of hair behind one ear; biting her lip, trying so hard not to blush.

I hope he knows that he kills me more inside whenever he does those things.

 

People have begun to realize how close Minho & Krystal were becoming; but most of them weren't surprised by it as well.

He took care of her on the set, and off the set; most especially when Jonghyun wasn't around.

Krystal appreciated the little things he'd do; such as get her water bottles and opening the door when she was behind him.

 

The only person who didn't quite appreciate their closesness; was none other than Sulli herself.

 

"Minho." Sulli swayed side to side, tilting her head to gain Minho's attention.

Minho didn't even turn around, "What?" he snapped.

Sulli rolled her eyes, "Can you go through some lines with me? I need you to help since you are my partner."

"Partner my ." Minho snarled back. He turned around, "If you need help, you can go with Krystal; she's right over there."

Sulli glared at him, Once this plan Taemin & I set up works, you'll be begging for me.

 

---

 

Once filming was over, everyone packed up their things.

 

"I can't believe we only have two weeks left of filming." Ji Won pouted, approaching Minho & Krystal with Ha Neul.

Minho nodded his head, taking a glance at Krystal; But I'll no longer have a real reason to see you anymore.

Ha Neul pouted, "We have got to hang out; just us four, because I can't even stand looking at Sulli's face anymore."

"Yah." Ji Won slapped his stomach, "Quit being so loud."

He rolled his eyes, "I don't care if everyone on Earth knew how much I hated her; I can't stand how rude she is."

Krystal just listened to all of them conversating; but took glances at her phone.

 

It's been two weeks since her and Jonghyun have gotten to hang out; and whenever she tried to make plans with him, he had an excuse.

She knew Jonghyun was a good guy and he probably did have her reasons.

But the more time they spent away from each other; the harder it was to tell him that she needed to end things between them.

 

"Jonghyun told me this morning that he has vocal practice; so he can't pick you up." Minho told her.

Krystal nodded her head, "Oh, okay."

Minho pouted, "I wish I could take you home too; but I promised Key I'd go visit him on set of We Got Married. Sorry."

She laughed, "It's fine, I can get a cab."

"No, no." Ji Won pitched in, "A pretty face like yours shouldn't be going in taxi's late at night. Ha Neul & I can take you home."

Ha Neul had his hands on Ji Won's shoulders, nodding his head; "It won't be a problem."

Krystal smiled, appreciating how kind they always were to her; "Thank you so much, I owe you both."

 

---

 

Minho keyed into his dorm; Key told him to meet him there before heading off to his We Got Married filming.

But when he went in, the only person there was Jonghyun.

 

"Jonghyun? What are you doing here? Where's Key?" Minho asked, looking around; completely confused.

Jonghyun sat at the center table; motioning for him to come over.

 

"Key's at filming, I purposely told you I'd be out and had Key lie for me; so don't get mad at him." Jonghyun confessed.

Minho set his coat on a hanger; sitting in front of him at the table, "Okay.. but what is this about? You know Krystal was worried about where you were today right?"

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk about." Jonghyun finally admitted.

Minho narrowed his eyes, "Krystal? What about her?" his eyes slightly widened, scared of what he was gonna say next.

Jonghyun took a deep breath, "Before you explode and start yelling that you want to kill Key, just know that I begged him to tell me."

 

After hearing that, Minho already knew what he was talking about. Jonghyun knew that his best friend was in love with his girlfriend.

 

"Look, Jonghyun, I know it's wrong and-"

 

"Minho, shut up." Jonghyun cut him off mid-sentence; even followed by a little chuckle.

Minho's already wide eyes widened even more and he tilted his head; "Okay.."

Jonghyun sighed, "I'm ending things with Krystal; and I'm sure she'll be delighted about it as well."

"What?" Minho leaned forward; completely thrown off.

Jonghyun laughed again, "Even before Key told me that you had feelings for Krystal; I could already feel it. You can't hide anything from me Minho; we've been friends for way too long for me to just not notice the small things."

Minho leaned back slowly in his seat; just listening to him explain himself.

"As everyone knows, I like Krystal. But I can tell I like her more than she likes me. I also can see that she seems happier when you're around." Jonghyun smiled, "I'm no one to get in the middle of that."

 

Minho was just lost for words. If this type of situation happened two or three years ago; this talk would've been far more different. They would've battled it out for the girl; but now? Jonghyun was handing her over; letting her go straight into his arms.

 

"Jonghyun.." Minho mumbled.

Jonghyun shook his head; touching his shoulder, "Regardless of what you feel; I'm ending things between her and I because that's what's right."

 

---

 

Ha Neul drove & Ji Won thought it'd be more comfortable for Krystal if she sat in the back seat with her.

 

"Have you been feeling better lately?" Ji Won asked.

Krystal nodded her head, moving a strand of hair behind her ear; "Much better; I was just really stressed out that day."

Ha Neul smiled into the rearview mirror, "It's good Minho's been taking care of you."

Krystal bit her lip, blushing, "He's been treating me very well, yes."

"Girl to girl, forget that Ha Neul is here, what's the real score between you two?" Ji Won finally asked.

Ha Neul rolled his eyes; letting the two girls have their conversation.

 

Krystal didn't mind Ha Neul listening; it's not like he could shut his ears anyways. Plus, he became almost a brother-like figure to her.

 

"Jessica actually asked me about this last night; and trust me, I've never thought about it so hard in my life before." Krystal smiled and sighed, "I've liked Minho since the beginning."

"Yes!" Ji Won exclaimed, "I knew it, I knew it!"

"Hell, we both knew it." Ha Neul joined in, smirking.

Krystal laughed, "Jonghyun's a great guy, but he just isn't for me. I know being with Minho may seem like a long-shot, but I'd rather be single than pretend to like Jonghyun more than Minho."

"Honestly, I think you and Minho would be quite the pair." Ha Neul smiled again.

Ji Won nodded her head, "You both are clearly so happy when the other is around. As for Jonghyun, he's a good guy. He knows what's left from right and what's right from wrong; he won't let this affect his friendship with Minho."

Krystal sighed again, "I really hope not."

 

Krystal played around with her phone; finally receiving a text from Jonghyun.

 

(black = Jonghyun, red = Krystal)

 

"Can I meet up with you tomorrow? There's something we need to talk about."

"I was actually going to ask the same thing. Come over at noon."

"Alright, I'll talk to you then."

 

That's how all their conversations were lately; almost like only 2 or 3 texts exchanged without any emoticons whatsoever. It made Krystal feel more relaxed; although that was probably horrible to feel.

 

---

 

After the long talk with Jonghyun; Minho decided to go out for a walk and just relax his mind.

He couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that Jonghyun actually said those words to him.

But one thing was for sure; Jonghyun was the best friend anyone would want.

 

Jonghyun used to be the selfish member; always wanting everything for himself.

But as all their friendships progressed; so did Jonghyun's personality.

He became more open-minded, caring, and most of all; generous.

 

Minho was so lost in thought and amazement at his best friend that he didn't realize Lay began jogging next to him as well.

 

"Yah, you come out of no where all the time; what the hell?" Minho lightly shoved the innocent boy.

Lay took his headphones out; "I'm a magical unicorn."

Minho laughed, he always loved his hoobae's stupidity; "I've been texting you all day; why haven't you been replying?"

Lay pursed his lips; "I lost my phone."

"Why am I not surprised?" Minho rolled his eyes, "You always set your phone down at random places; it was bound to get lost or stolen eventually. I hope you don't have anything too special on there."

 

Lay left out the fact that he had a picture of Minho & Krystal and just chose to change subject right away; "What did you need to talk to me about though?"

 

Minho led Lay over to a nearby bench; "Jonghyun."

"What? Do you like Jonghyun now?" Lay asked mindlessly.

Minho hit him on the side of the head; "You're really dumb at times, you know?"

Lay laughed, "I'm kidding. But what about Jonghyun?"

"Well," Minho took a deep breath; "Turns out he knew of my feelings about Krystal for awhile now."

Lay's eyes widened, "Really? What'd he say?"

Minho pursed his lips, "He said he's breaking up with Krystal because that's what he feels is right; and he pretty much indirectly told me Krystal likes me back as well."

Lay touched his shoulder, "I'm happy for you Minho; but be careful."

Minho heard the happiness in his voice; but he also saw sadness in his eyes, "What's wrong?"

"You really don't know?" Lay asked him.

Minho thought for a bit; then shook his head, "Nothing's coming to mind.."

Lay leaned back, "I'll just assume you haven't watched the latest episode of Roommate then huh?"

Minho shook his head again; "I've been too busy. Why? How's Chanyeol doing? Did something happen between him and Nana?"

Lay bit his bottom lip; "Chanyeol left EXO, Minho. He's no longer a part of our group."

"What? You're kidding right? That can't be true." Minho tried to cover it up with a laugh; but he saw the seriousness in Lay's face, "What happened?"

Lay reached his hand out; "Give me your phone. You need to watch the video in order to understand."

 

Minho reached into his pocket; handing him his phone, "Did Soo Man kick him out?"

"Chanyeol knew he was gonna get kicked out sooner or later; but he chose to make the choice and leave himself." Lay grabbed Minho's phone; looking up the most recent episode of Roommate.

 

"All you have to do is watch until Chanyeol's done talking; that's literally all you need to see to know why he did this." Lay handed him his phone back; forwarding to the scene that was most crucial.

 

Minho narrowed his eyes; grabbing onto his phone and clicked play.

 

*Roommate episode*

 

Chanyeol looked back up at Sung Woo; before speaking, a small smile crept on his face. "But I do like her hyung; I like her so much (referring to Nana). Her smile just makes me forget that I practiced for 12 hours straight, her laugh is like a song I want to forever keep on repeat, and her personality is enough to brighten up the room on a dark day. I want to be there for her whenever she needs me; I want to hug her when she's feeling down. I want to be able to walk out of this room and tell the whole world that I love her. But, I can't." Chanyeol held back his tears once again, "I can't because I'm not even living in a real world anymore. My entire life as an idol has been fake, made up, and most of all; not the way I wanted it to be. If I ever had the chance to redo this, I wouldn't hesitate to start all over and choose a different path. As much as I do love performing, as much as I love the fans, as much as I love my group members; how can I continue on when I don't like the person I'm becoming as I stare at myself in the mirror every morning?"

 

*end of Roommate cut*

 

Minho stared at the screen as he paused; completely lost for words once again.

 

Park Chanyeol of the most popular boy group of the moment, confessed his love for another idol; on national television.

 

"I, I don't even know what to say to that." Minho found words to finally say.

Lay covered his face, wiping the corner of his eyes to stop himself from crying some more. "Chanyeol did the bravest thing any idol could do. Now, he's doing what makes him happy. As his friend, I'll support his decisions no matter what."

Minho looked back at the screen; "I've never been so proud of one of my hoobae's before."

"All of us are proud of Chanyeol; regardless of how much we miss him already." Lay forced a smile, "But happiness is all you could ever ask for the people you love. I hope he finds his peace; because he deserves it."

Minho nodded his head; agreeing one hundred percent.

"But there's one question to ask you." Lay added.

Minho looked at him, "What is that?"

"The choice is up to you; do you believe Krystal is worth fighting for?"

 

---

 

The next day couldn't go by any slower.

 

Not only was there no filming that day; but it seemed that literally no one had anything planned. Except for Jonghyun & Krystal of course.

 

Krystal sat on her couch watching cuts of IGOT7 and completely laughed at almost everything.

"Jackson's such a bluffer.." she mumbled, shaking her head.

 

After a couple minutes of time to herself; she saw Jonghyun's car pulling in and him walking towards the front door.

Krystal walked to the front and opened it; letting him in.

 

But this time, there was no greeting kiss like usual; just a quick, "hello".

 

"Did you want something to eat? I mean, it's almost lunch time." Krystal offered politely.

Jonghyun smiled, shaking his head as he sat on her couch; "I think I should make this as quick and as painless as possible."

Krystal took a deep breath; I hope we're on the same page. she sat beside him, looking into his eyes; "Do you wanna start?"

Jonghyun nodded his head, flashing another cute smile; "First off, I just want to say that you being my girlfriend was a true honor." he paused, "You're beautiful and anyone would be lucky to have you; but let's face it, I shouldn't be the person you're with right now."

"Jonghyun.." Krystal looked at him in shock, surprised by how honest he was being.

He shook his head, "Let me finish." he smiled again, "You don't even have to say anything for me to know that you're not as interested in me as I am in you. I understand; which is why I'm letting you go."

She smiled, even letting out a quick giggle; "I can't believe how easy you're making this Jonghyun."

"It's nothing." Jonghyun told her, "You're the girl I like; and if the girl I like is gonna be happier with someone else, then I'll just have to accept it."

Krystal couldn't think of anything else to do but just hug him in joy; "I hope we can remain good friends."

Jonghyun laughed, hugging her back; "I would love to."

 

She pulled away, sighing, "Looks like I really don't have to say anything, do I?"

He shook his head, standing up; heading towards the door. But before he left, he turned around again; "Hey Krystal?"

Krystal perked her head up, "Yeah?"

"Minho really likes you; you both deserve to be happy." Jonghyun smiled again; then finally headed back to his car.

 

Minho really likes you; you both deserve to be happy.

Krystal kept repeating those words in her mind and for the first time in her life; nothing else mattered except for her and her own happiness.

 

 

I feel like this chapter kind of wrapped every thing quite nicely if I say so myself. xD

We got the breakups, the acceptance, and the understanding all in one.

Now that Jonghyun's given Minho indirect permission, will he confess?

Or will Krystal confess first?

How are the rest of the EXO members doing because of Chanyeol's departure?

Find out in the upcoming chapters!

Please comment, vote up, subscribe, etc!

NO SILENT READERS PLEASE.

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

 

*Author's Note* For that little Chanyeol/Roommate cut; that obviously was all made up. It's actually a little excerpt from my Chanana fanfic called Tough Love. I just felt that part of my story really tied in with this; so I just added it. You will probably see a lot of EXO members in the upcoming chapters; so this is just a little treat to my other EXO-L's out there. (': So if you ever have the time, or ship that couple, please check it out, subscribe, and leave a comment! I'd greatly appreciate it. (:

 

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/813857/tough-love-angst-nana-romance-chanyeol-roommate-chanana-yeolnana