Photos & Proof

When I Look at You

"With all these problems in the way, whatever you feel for Krystal could ultimately ruin you."

 

Minho's heart broke into a million pieces hearing Krystal's story.

It was traumatizing for her to recall the exact words, touches, and threats Jaejoong did to her. And to think he was Jessica's boyfriend at the time.

 

Minho didn't let go of Krystal's hand the entire time he was there. He caressed her cheek and ran his fingers through her hair until she fell back again into a peaceful slumber.

He thought back to what Krystal confessed earlier; Jaejoong basically black mailed her.

She wasn't allowed to tell anyone what happened. And Jaejoong even had the nerve to stay in a relationship with Jessica for two more weeks; until they finally broke things off.

Those past two years, Krystal's been suffering by herself. Remembering those thoughts at random times ruined her.

 

Minho even thought back to the day after Kai's party; when he explained everything to Krystal on how nothing happened between them.

She had a hint of tears in her eyes; and now he knew why.

Krystal lived in fear that something like that would happen again; and who could blame her?

 

In the midst of Minho's thoughts, he found himself falling asleep; leaning over right on Krystal's lap as she laid on the bed while he was on a chair beside her.

 

---

 

"It's pretty late, I doubt she'll even be awake." Kris mumbled.

Lay gripped the basket of chocolates in his hands and pulled them up higher to his chest; "At least we'll be able to leave these expensive chocolates that Kai over here just had to get."

Kai rolled his eyes, opening Krystal's door; "Just bare with me, okay hyung?"

 

"Oh, damn." Kris chuckled, not even surprised by the scene in front of his eyes.

Kai's eyes widened; not in jealously, but more amusement.

 

Minho & Krystal were holding hands and they were both deeply asleep.

 

Lay set the chocolates down; taking a quick non-flash picture of the two.

"Yah!" Kai smacked his chest, "That's invading their privacy."

Lay put his phone back into his pocket, whispering, "I'm just gonna show Minho, don't worry; I promise this won't get out."

 

Kris looked at the time, "It's 2am, so if you guys wanna spend more time staring at Minho & Krystal; go ahead, I'll be on my way."

Kai put his arm around Kris, "We're coming hyung, quit being so snobby."

"It's just because he's missing Chanyeol so much." Lay teased.

Kris glared at him, "I'm gonna have Tao beat your if you don't shut up."

Lay put his hands up in defense, laughing quietly, "Wo ai ni Wu Yi Fan."

 

---

 

Jonghyun stretched his arms over his head; yawning from the amazing sleep he had the night before.

He jumped off his bunk, ready to wake Minho up; but his bed was empty.

And to make matters more suspicious, his bed was fixed. Minho's bed was never fixed.

 

Key slowly began to wake up at the noise from Jonghyun, "Minho didn't come home last night."

"Really?" Jonghyun scratched his head, "What time did you get home?"

Key sat up, cracking his neck, "I got home at 3am because of filming; so either Minho got home after me and left early, or he just didn't come home at all."

Jonghyun bit his lip, thinking back to when he saw Minho at the hospital.

"Minho left the hospital before I did.." Jonghyun mumbled.

"Oh yeah!" Key exclaimed, "How is Krystal? I heard they rushed her to the hospital or something?"

Jonghyun nodded his head, "She's doing good, well, that's what the doctor's said anyways. She's Anemic so I guess situations like those are actually regular things for her."

Key grabbed a t-shirt and slowly crept out of his bunk; trying so hard not to wake Taemin up underneath him and Onew in his solo bed.

"I'm gonna make breakfast, you want anything?" Key offered.

Jonghyun bit his lip, "Actually, can we talk about something?"

Key pulled up two seats at their center table; "Speak to me." he smiled.

Jonghyun laughed, sitting next to him. "I'm just gonna be straight up or else this conversation could last for years."

"Yeah?" Key furrowed his brows, "What about?"

"Minho likes Krystal, doesn't he?" Jonghyun asked with a straight face.

Key's eyes widened, not knowing how exactly how he was supposed to react. He chose to go with the "What are you talking about?" type approach and see where that led him.

"Jong!" Key hit his arm, "What kind of joke is that? Krystal is your girlfriend!" he laughed nervously.

Jonghyun didn't budge at all, "I'm being serious Kibum."

 

When Jonghyun called Key "Kibum", everyone knew it was always serious.

 

Key swallowed, knowing that Minho would probably kill him when he found out; but he just couldn't lie to Jonghyun's face like that.

"Your hunch is right." Key mumbled.

Jonghyun leaned back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling, "I knew it."

Key leaned forward, "I promise you Minho is not doing anything to purposely ruin your guys' relationship. You should know that he would never try to ruin you and Krystal; as much as it is hurting him."

"I know." Jonghyun bit his lip, "It's just something I needed to be confirmed; because that's honestly all I've been thinking of lately."

Key his lips, "Please don't tell Minho I told you; he'll literally kill me."

Jonghyun gave him an assuring smile, "Don't worry about that. But thank you so much for letting me know."

"What do you plan on doing now that you know?" Key asked.

Jonghyun sighed, "Honestly, I really do not know."

 

---

 

"Minho.. Minho.." Jessica tried to shake Minho awake; almost laughing at what was happening in front of her.

"Mhmm.." Minho wiped his mouth; slowly opening his eyelids, nearly jumping when he saw Jessica's face in front of his.

Minho sat up; freaking out again when he saw he was still holding Krystal's hand, "Sht!"

Jessica stood up, crossing her arms over her chest while giving him a suspicious glare; "You should probably start heading home before someone sees you here. Specifically Sulli."

He wiped his mouth one more time; thankful that Krystal didn't wake up. "Please don't get the wrong idea noona."

She gave him an assuring smile and patted his shoulder, "Don't worry about it. Get going, Jonghyun informed me that you guys have practice at noon today."

"God dangit." Minho bit his lip; running his hands through his hair, "I'm gonna get going. Don't tell Krystal I slept here okay? She'll probably freak out."

Jessica nodded her head, "God Minho, stop freaking out and just go."

Minho let out a nervous chuckle and finally left.

 

---

 

A photographer/interviewer who was going to interview Jessica & Krystal was fumbling around with his camera; looking up at the perfect time to see Minho trying to hide his face.

"I wonder why he's here.." The photographer snapped a quick photo of Minho looking around; thankfully not looking his way.

The photographer looked at the door he just came out of; narrowing his eyes. Room 12.

He looked back down at the sheet of paper where he wrote down the room number Jessica gave him; Room 12.

"Now things just got very interesting.." The photographer pursed his lips; looking back down at the picture.

 

---

 

The SHINee rehearsal was everything but normal.

Onew couldn't keep a pitch to save his life, Jonghyun couldn't hold the long notes any longer than 3 seconds without his voice cracking, Key kept forgetting his lyrics, Taemin was dancing as if he had 3 left feet, and lastly, Minho simply couldn't do anything right.

 

"What the hell?!" Minho threw his sweatshirt at the ground; completely frustrated with how everything was going.

Taemin flinched at the sudden noise; "Hyung, it's okay. Everyone is messing up today."

Minho sat on the ground, his palms in a fist; "I'm sorry. I've missed so many practices due to my drama and I feel like I'm letting you all down."

Key shook his head, "Minho, it's not your fault. It's nobody's day today."

"Do you have something on your mind you wanted to let out?" Onew asked, "You just seem a bit dazed today."

Minho slowly looked up at his hyung, then without much movement; he looked over at Jonghyun, who was giving him the same exact look.

"I'm just not feeling too hot today." Minho said flatly.

Key touched his chest, feeling his heart pump over and over. He watched the eye contact between Jonghyun & Minho become more awkward than it already was.

 

Minho looked up at the time; it was already 1pm.

"Sorry to say I actually have to leave. We have filming today." Minho got up; not saying another word to any of them.

 

Taemin looked over at Onew, who just shook his head; "There's definitely something on Minho's mind."

"It's probably Krystal." Key mumbled; not realizing he was sitting right by Jonghyun.

Jonghyun hugged his knees; pretending as if he didn't hear that comment.

But it was hard to deny when he knew it himself it was true.

 

---

 

Filming that day was much quieter and awkward than anytime before; by a whole lot.

 

Krystal remained at the hospital for one more day to rest and try to get healthier faster. Ha Neul & Sulli clearly avoided any contact with each other and even refused to film their scene together. Minho was just completely out of loop; too worried about Krystal to focus on anything. Ji Won was the only one who seemed normal that day.

 

Jin Hyuk shook his head, taking another deep breath as he watched Minho forget his lines. For the third time.

 

"Minho, can I speak to you?" Jin Hyuk called him over, "Everyone else, take a 15 minute break."

Minho followed him into his room; closing the door behind him, "I know I'm messing up a lot today so-"

"Take a seat." Jin Hyuk pointed at the chair, "Everyone is messing up today; especially since Krystal isn't here, it's hard to film without her telling us what she exactly wants."

He nodded his head, "Why'd you bring me here?"

Jin Hyuk crossed his hands over one another and set them on his desk; "You and Sulli aren't okay, are you guys?"

Without hesitation, Minho shook his head; "I might as well just tell you now that I want to end things with Sulli. But we're forced to remain in a relationship up until this drama ends at least."

"Now that makes sense." Jin Hyuk nodded his head, "It's becoming an obvious problem to everyone."

Minho looked down in shame, "I'm really sorry hyung."

Jin Hyuk pursed his lips, "But that isn't the only problem."

"What else?"

"You may think no one notices it; but I've known you for long enough to be able to understand you without saying a word." Jin Hyuk began, "I clearly can see that you like Krystal."

Minho's eyes widened, "Wh-what?"

Jin Hyuk gave him a slight smile, "You don't need to deny nor confirm; but I just want you to be careful."

Minho looked back down, "I can't like her hyung. Everything is so wrong."

"I want you to be happy Minho, I really do and you know that. But there's Jonghyun, there's also yours' and Sulli's fanbase as a couple, there's also Sulli's fans. Most of all, there's your own reputation." Jin Hyuk told him in a concerned voice, "With all these problems in the way, whatever you feel for Krystal could ultimately ruin you."

 

Minho leaned back in his chair; never thinking about it in that way before.

It wasn't just one person who he'd hurt; it would be everyone who ever meant something to him that would feel pained as well.

 

---

 

Jonghyun went straight to the hospital once everyone decided their rehearsal was over for the day. No one was in the mood, or even capable to rehearse that day.

 

"Did you want something to eat? There's some watermelon and mangos over there." Jonghyun offered.

Krystal smiled, shaking her head, "It's okay. My sister brought in a lunch for me before you came."

Jonghyun nodded his head, seating himself beside Krystal in her bed; "Hey, can I ask you something?"

She reached out for his hands, holding them in hers; "Of course; ask away."

 

After feeling the touch of her hands on his, that only gave him assurance that yes; she was his.

But even though he knew she was his, he couldn't say if her feelings were for him as well.

 

"Why did you agree to being my girlfriend?" Jonghyun asked.

Krystal giggled, "What kind of question is that?"

Jonghyun his lips, "I mean, it's tough; our situation. I know you dated Myungsoo in the past, but you weren't known to the public. But now, you are. We both are."

She looked down, playing with his fingers; "I don't know. I guess I wanted to try something new?"

"Ah.." Jonghyun mumbled something Krystal couldn't quite understand, then he spoke up again; "When did you start liking me back?"

 

Krystal froze. She had never expected him to ask that type of question.

The sad part was, she didn't know how to really answer it.

 

It wasn't that Krystal didn't like Jonghyun because she really did.

He always made an effort to make her happy, he complimented her on the small things, and he always assured her that he would never do anything to hurt her.

So far, he's done the perfect job trying to gain her heart.

But Krystal knew her feelings for Jonghyun were nothing compared to what she felt for Minho.

 

"I don't know." Krystal answered, "It just happens. You don't really pick a day when you start liking someone, ya know?" she paused, "It's just the feeling of being with that person that makes you feel like you're worth something."

Jonghyun nodded his head; he loved her answer. Anyone would've.

But he sensed that it sounded, forced. As if she did mean those words, but didn't at the same time.

 

He simply just let her cuddle up into his chest and ran his fingers through her hair and waited until she fell into another peaceful nap.

Jonghyun watched her sleep; wondering why him and Minho just had to fall for the same girl.

 

---

 

After filming was over, Minho began to pack up until Ji Won came up to him and poked him from behind.

"There's a photographer here to see you." She told him, and after she let him in; Ji Won preceded to leave with Ha Neul.

"Oh, hey hyung." Minho smiled, thankful he knew who he was.

Kim Jung Man (professional photographer) approached the younger boy and gave him a soft smile, "Long time no see eh? You've been busy haven't you?"

Minho sighed, nodding his head, he pointed to the chair beside him; "Take a seat. Did you want anything to drink? I have some of your favorite tea back over there if you'd like."

Jung Man shook his head, appreciating the kindness of the boy; "You haven't changed one bit Choi Minho."

 

Minho chuckled, he always loved whenever he visited him because he thought of him to almost be like a second father figure to him. Especially since his father didn't play the role that well.

 

"Thanks, I try to stay the same as best as I can. Is there a reason you visited me today? Or did you just want some shots of my pretty face?" Minho joked.

Jung Man laughed, rolling his eyes; "Actually, I already caught a picture of you. And you should be happy I'm the one who got it or else it would probably be leaked by now."

Minho narrowed his eyes, suddenly worried; "What is it?"

Jung Man pulled his camera out of it's bag, sliding through his photos one by one until he reached the one before he went into Krystal's hospital room.

"Is there a reason you were coming out of Krystal's bed room at around 10 in the morning?" Jung Man raised his eyebrows.

Minho looked at the photo, not knowing that a photographer was already there that early; "You, when, why were you there?" he handed him his camera back.

Jung Man chuckled again, "Jessica had me come in for an interview to assure the public Krystal was fine. But enough about me, is there a reason why you, Choi Minho, a taken man, was coming out of Jessica's little sister's room that early?"

"Hyung," Minho bit his bottom lip, "I swear I can explain; but please, don't release this photo."

Jung Man waved him off, "I wouldn't do that to you; I just wanted to know. She's a pretty girl Minho."

Minho mindlessly nodded his head, "She's beautiful. Not just on the outside, but the inside as well."

Jung Man smiled, "Then why don't you date her?"

"I wish it was that easy." Minho pursed his lips, "Now let me start listing all the possible reasons why I can't date her."

 

---

 

After Jessica & Jonghyun stayed a couple hours, they decided to leave Krystal on her own to have some rest.

But that only lasted so long.

 

"Kim Jongin, at your service." Kai walked in, bowing to Krystal as a playful gesture.

Krystal rolled her eyes, covering her face with a pillow; "Go away." she joked.

Kai ruffled her hair, "I came to visit you with Kris & Lay hyung at like 2 in the morning just to check up on you."

She raised her eyebrows, "Why would you visit me at such a time when obviously I would be asleep?"

"Well, we weren't the only ones here you know." Kai told her.

Krystal narrowed her eyes, sitting up in the bed; "What are you talking about?"

Kai scratched the nape of his neck, "Well this is awkward then."

"Tell me!" Krystal demanded.

Kai bit his lip, "Minho was completely knocked out beside you."

 

It was as if everything just stopped after hearing Minho's name.

Why would he remain with her all night?

When did he leave?

 

"Mi-Minho?" Krystal repeated.

Kai nodded his head, "I thought you would've known.."

She stared off at the far wall, "He visited me later at night and I fell asleep. But I didn't think he would end up spending the whole night with me."

Krystal tried to hold back a smile; but the blushing occurring on her face was a huge giveaway.

"You're blushing." Kai chuckled, pinching her cheeks; "It seems like you two are becoming close."

She glared at him, hitting his shoulder; "We're just friends Kai."

Kai rolled his eyes, "That's where all relationships begin."

 

 

Looks like slowly everyone's starting to figure out about Minho's feelings.

Now that Jonghyun knows for sure, what do you think he'll do? 

Will Minho & Jonghyun remain friends?

Do you think what Jin Hyuk told Minho was right?

Find out in the upcoming chapters!

Please comment, vote up, subscribe, etc!

NO SILENT READERS PLEASE.

I LOVE YOU ALL <3