Show Me Your Feelings

Puppy Baek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Great... Just great. Chanyeol fell asleep right away! As fast Baekhyun the movie, Chanyeol closed his eyes and fell asleep only some few minutes into the movie. Baekhyun sighed disappointed as he leaned his head against Chanyeol's shoulder. It's not that late, but Chanyeol still fell asleep right away. He must have been really tired after work.

But to be honest, what disturbs Baekhyun the most at the moment is that he didn't notice Chanyeol coming home late from work. He didn't even think about the time until Chanyeol mentioned that he had worked over with three hours. It's not that late though, it's only around 7 pm.

Baekhyun sighed once again, this time quieter so he wouldn't accidentally wake Chanyeol up. Instead of thinking about how disappointed he feels, Baekhyun decided to watch the movie instead. After all, there is no point for him to be all grumpy when Chanyeol is tired and has worked the whole day.

But hey, what about dinner? Won't Chanyeol get hungry soon? Baekhyun will get hungry, but he's not sure what he can eat without making a mess in the kitchen or waking Chanyeol up. Baekhyun sighed once again as he closed his eyes for a second. What should he do? Call someone to come here and help him? No, that would be ridiculous. Or... would it?

Baekhyun decided to not think about food at the moment. Instead he concentrated on the warmth that he feels from Chanyeol's body. Chanyeol is always really warm and Baekhyun loves this the most. He loves Chanyeol. Baekhyun knows that he has said that a lot, that he loves Chanyeol, but it feels like his words doesn't reach Chanyeol. It feels like the words “I love you” doesn't affect Chanyeol when Baekhyun says it.

Baekhyun feels sleepy now when he finally sits here beside Chanyeol in the couch. Chanyeol's body is so warm, like a small fireplace. Baekhyun smiles for himself as he cuddles closer to Chanyeol and hugs one of the giant's arms gently. He loves this so much yet he felt so disappointed when Chanyeol fell asleep.

Baekhyun wants Chanyeol to see his new clothes and say something like; “Wow, you look different and I like it!” or something similar to that. Baekhyun just wants Chanyeol to react to his new clothes and to be honest, just a simple smile or a small comment would have been enough. But Chanyeol didn't even look at him properly.

But Baekhyun doesn't blame Chanyeol, after all he came home after a long day of work and he's exhausted. He looked like he would fall asleep at the spot when he came in, but he still smiled and forced himself to “watch” a movie with Baekhyun. Even though he's this tired, he still wanted to watch a movie with Baekhyun and cuddle with him. And that is more than enough for Baekhyun.

 

***

 

Baekhyun woke up when he heard a light chuckle beside him. He opened his eyes slowly as he saw Chanyeol smile up at him. Wait... up? Baekhyun felt really confused, why is he looking down at Chanyeol? Wasn't he sitting beside the giant?

 

“I see Kyungsoo was really generous to you today.”

 

Chanyeol spoke with a soft voice like he was afraid to wake someone up if he talked too loud and too fast. Baekhyun looked down at Chanyeol with a puzzled face until he realized that he's laying on top of Chanyeol and Chanyeol is laying on the couch with his back against the soft surface. When did they change position?

 

“I'm sorry if I feel asleep earlier Baek.”
“No... It's alright. Y-You must be really tired, maybe you should go and sleep?”
“I'm fine now when I have taken a nap.”
“B-But you have to go up early tomorrow, right?”
“Mm... I think so.”
“You think so? Don't you always go up early except during Sundays and some Saturdays?”
“Did Kyungsoo buy this for you too?”

 

Chanyeol changed topic right away as his hand got up and gently touched Baekhyun's necklace that he still has around his neck. Baekhyun nodded slowly as he held out the necklace to Chanyeol so he could take a closer look. To be honest, this is what Baekhyun wanted Chanyeol to do when he came home. He wanted Chanyeol to look more carefully at him and notice all the new clothes and details about him.

 

“You... look so different. I didn't notice until now.”
“D-Do you think... I look too different?”
“Sometimes different can be good.”
“But this time it isn't...?”
“No, this time it's actually good. I mean, you look...”
“I look what? If you say more childish or cuter, I will hit you.”

 

Baekhyun spoke seriously as Chanyeol chuckled surprised. He probably didn't expect Baekhyun to say such a thing. Baekhyun waited for Chanyeol to find the words he wants to say, but it looks like he's too busy with staring into Baekhyun's eyes.

 

“So you think I'm look more childish huh?”
“No, I don't.”
“But you don't say anything else.”
“Because I can't find the words I'm looking for. I mean, you look really good and... mature in a way. But you're still you.”
“You're really confusing when you're saying that.”
“Haha, I know, but I can't describe you with words anymore.”
“Then... How do you describe me if not with words?”
“Uhm... I don't know to be honest.”
“Chanyeol... Uhm... Today I... I was a really good boy, right?”
“Yeah, what I have heard you even tried to find clothes for Kyungsoo.”
“Yeah, he only bought clothes for me! It was no fun for him to spend his money on me.”
“You're so kind Baekhyun, do you know that?”
“You're much kinder than me. I mean, you take care of someone like me everyday.”
“It's not that bad-”
“It is bad! It's really bad! I mean I have been such an immature person and even tried to runaway for a couple of times. I have been such a baby and made you worry and clean up my messes. I can't let you say that I'm kind because you're kinder than me. And... I'm a little ashamed of what I have done and said...”

 

Chanyeol just smiled at Baekhyun who felt like blushing. He has said and done so many embarrassing, but also annoying, things during his time here. Bacon was probably even more mature than Baekhyun was, but on the other hand he was just a dog. Baekhyun is a human and he wants to show Chanyeol that he's really grownup now.

 

“Chanyeol... I'm... not like the old Baekhyun anymore. I swear, I'm not that child anymore.”
“I don't know about that Baekhyun, I think you're still-”
“I'm not a child. I'm not that annoying person anymore.”

 

Baekhyun tried to speak calmly with a sharp yet calm voice. He doesn't want to sound like a child anymore and whine about him not being a child. He wants to act like he's composed and mature. Chanyeol chuckled as his reached his hand out to Baekhyun forehead. Baekhyun stared dumbly at the hand Chanyeol held against his forehead.

 

“W-What are you doing?”
“I'm checking if you're sick or not. You're not acting like yourself-”
“Chanyeol, I'm serious. Can't you even try to take me seriously?”

 

Baekhyun felt how shaky his voice sounded, is he... upset? Yeah, that's right. Baekhyun feels upset. Chanyeol won't even take him seriously, he just keeps acting like Baekhyun is some kind of stupid child who can't act serious. But Baekhyun is trying so hard for Chanyeol to see his mature side. Isn't this enough? What else does he have to do to make him see his mature side?

 

“Baekhyun, I was just joking a little.”
“But I wasn't. I'm not joking and I don't...”

 

Baekhyun lost his words, he's not sure what he is trying to say. He feels tired all of the sudden. Not tired like being sleepy, just tired. Exhausted might be a better word to describe the feeling he feels. He's... exhausted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter