The White Little Puppy Bacon

Puppy Baek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeols P.O.V

Being born in to a family with no siblings can be hard, and lonely. Especially when your parents are away 24/7 and are busy with work, work and work. This life is very familiar to Park Chanyeol. He has a life just like that.

 

When he was 6 years old, he could see his parents every day before he had to go to bed and sleep. He could eat dinner with them, play little with them, talk to them and show them his nice paintings he had painted for them. He could even sometimes hear them tell him a goodnight story, or let them sing for him, or actually just let them show him that there was no monsters in his closet nor under his bed.

 

Being a child was wonderful, or Chanyeol thought that. Because it was the only time he actually could see his parents during the weekends where they walked to the park, or went to the shopping mall, or was just home, playing with his toys.

 

But with the years that passed, the less he could see his own parents. They came with excuses like: “I have to work over since it's really important for the meeting tomorrow.” or something with: “We need those extra money, so I have to work over. Sorry Chanyeol, we will be home tomorrow night instead.”. But those empty promises about being home with Chanyeol the next night became more and more fake.

 

Chanyeol barely saw his parents after turning 10 years old. They were either on a business trip, or worked over, or out with some friends on an important business meeting dinner on a restaurant. Chanyeol got used to all the babysitters, with the neighbors coming over with dinner or his grandparents coming by to play with him.

 

But with the years that passed him, he felt more and more lonely. And even thought he had many friends in school and all, he still felt lonely. Especially when his grandparents got too old to play with him and that his parents still wasn't home that often as he wanted.

 

When Chanyeol begun High school, he got used to stay in the schools library to make the homework he had gotten during the day and to study extra, since he didn't feel to go home. He got used to sit with his friends and study, and then they would go somewhere and try to entertain themselves by just walking in the park or play soccer or basketball.

 

But even this time would soon end, the time with high school and friends. Chanyeol did have some girlfriends during high school, but also boyfriends. His relationship with mostly of them was bad, and the more he was with them, the more he realized that he didn't like them as much as he thought.

 

You can say that Chanyeol just tried to find someone who could fill his life with more happiness, but it seemed impossible. Especially when mostly of them didn't seem to like him as much as he thought he liked them.

 

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol can remember how his mother and father had tried to help him with his dating for a short period. They gave him tips and tried to make Chanyeol ask their friends daughters and sons if they wanted to go out, but none of the dates ended well.

 

Either was it Chanyeol being to clumsy, to weird, to disinterested or just the girls being divas and tried to change Chanyeol and who he was. And the boys was... well... to manly and well... they seemed to not want to have a relationship with Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol begun to give up on love and tried to stay with his friends. He knew that soon would High school be over and it would be soon time for college and more serious dating. He would look more seriously for someone, he would actually try to find someone who he really like more seriously.

 

But yet this wasn't over. Chanyeol would actually not graduate from High school as a single guy, no not really. It was during the last year at High school, the Senior year. The school arranged a huge dance party, and Chanyeol found someone who he kind of feel hard for.

 

Lee Minhyun, a pretty feminine guy who is very kind and likes to dance and talk. Chanyeol admit, he was drunk that night, but so was Minhyun. And he fell for the boy and well, they got together after going on some dates after the school's dance party.

 

Chanyeol graduated with a boyfriend, good grades and his parents even managed to come to his exam. He felt that life had begun to get easier, and he's glad that he met Minhyun. He's kind and Chanyeol feel that he has a future with him.

 

Oh boy, Chanyeol has never been so wrong in his whole life.

 

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol had packed his things, he was ready for this. He was ready to move out. He's going the second year on college, and he's going to move out to an own apartment. Alone.

 

Minhyun, who he thought had loved him, was actually not as he thought he would be. He had a secret relationship with someone else behind Chanyeols back, a guy named Donghae he think. Chanyeol doesn't blame Minhyun, he can't blame him for not loving him.

 

But still, Chanyeols heart is broken and he's to be honest tired of humans. He's a human himself, but still. People just hurt each others, it seems that no human in this world can be satisfied with love and to love one person.

 

Chanyeol grabbed his boxes filled with his stuff and his parents helped him to drive them to his new apartment. They helped him to unpack and for once they was there for him. But he knew that after this, he wouldn't see them for a long time ago. He will be busy with working, studying and partying he guess, and they will be busy with working as well.

 

 

“Chanyeol, we have thought about something.”
“You have? What?”
“We think we gonna move to the USA.”
“W-What? W-When?”
“It depends, the work is moving to the USA and they offer us to keep our jobs and positions if we move to the USA.”
“And since you're a big boy now, we thought that maybe we can do this.”
“I see.. Well do so then. I won't mind, since I know that you always wanted to travel and live somewhere else for a while.”
“But you will be more lonely here than ever.”
“So we thought a little and... Why don't you adopt a puppy?”
“A puppy?”
“Yeah, you know a baby dog. Dogs are very loyal and if you train the puppy well, he will be by your side no matter what. He will be your love and he will be the one who will spend your lonely days with you.”
“A puppy... can cover up all that?”
“Of course, but it's an animal, a living thing. You have to take it for walks, give it fresh water every day and feed it with proper food. And you will have to play with it every day and spend much time, since for the dog, you're the only one who can make him feel happy.”
“I will think about it... But I don't think I'm going to adopt one.”
“Maybe not, but at least you have your friends Sehun, Kai and D.O.”
“Yeah, I have.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled a little as he unpacked the last stuff he had as he put them on their new places and then turned to his parents who offered him to go out and eat dinner with him. Of course he accepted the offer, after all it's his parents, and he won't see them that much after today. And he's to lazy to go and buy food and to be honest, he do save money if he let his parents treat him.

 

 

***

 

 

“You sure you're okay man?”
“Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a silly relationship. I should have known.”
“Poor Chanyeol, here, I baked you some cookies.”
“But congratulation for the apartment.”
“Thanks.”
“Now, when are you going to have the official moving in party with your friends?”
“When do you think I should have it?”
“Tomorrow?”
“Sure, why not. As long you don't break anything.”
“Haha, it will only be us. We will eat dinner, drink some and watch some movies and just have a great time.”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded a little as took a sip from his glass of water, listening to his friends as they sat and ate lunch. Gosh, they keep babbling about how fun Chanyeol will have now when he lives alone, but to be honest, he think he will just understand how lonely he really is.

 

 

***

 

 

“If you feel so lonely, why don't you adopt an animal? A cat, rabbit, hamster, snake-”
“Oh I know, a dog!”
“Yeah, dogs are great company!”

 

 

Chanyeol sighed, why does everyone keep babbling about dogs and cats and animals at all? He doesn't want to be responsible for any life yet, he would be to scared to leave the apartment every day when he need to work or go to school or just out to buy some milk for his cereals.

 

 

“I don't know, guys, I'm tired of hearing this.”
“Then start dating again.”
“I don't feel for dating.”
“Then what do you want us to do?”
“Nothing, I never asked you to do anything.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter