Faith

No Boundary For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

 

“Kai, this is SO ROMANTIC!”

 

“What?!” Kai shouted back, “I can’t hear you!”

 

Luhan pouted in displease. At the dawn, they were riding with borrowed motorcycle to the nearest city. Kai needed to buy some essentials for the house since they would start living together in the compound and the man said travelling during night is easier because it’s less hot and humid. Luhan was totally agreed with that, cause Indonesian’s tropic climate is really killing him with dry skin and dehydration.

Still, he never travelled with motorbike before and he always thought, riding it with the one he loved was one of romantic act. And to make it better, it’s not cheap scooter from store. Their Head Village had this ‘Harley Davidson’ parked in his garage, along with riding jacket and helmet. When he asked who the oldman’s previous life was, Kai only gave him a mysterious smile. Luhan guessed it probably something related to gang but he didn’t want to worry himself about other people than Kai, so he just shrugged and forget it. He only hugged Kai waist tighter, cause the wind blew so strong and he’s afraid they would fell at this kind of speed.

“Are you cold?” Unexpectedly, Kai slowed down and placed a hand on his, making his lips bitten harshly towards the kindness and the warmness shared from the man. It’s a very simple affection, but it already clenched his heart until the blood dried out from his system. He admitted, after their love making a few nights ago, his body learned to be sensitive, recognized Kai’s voice and Kai’s touch as a switch on button for his every cell. Lately, his mind was full only about Kai, even in his dream. That’s why, no matter how instant a moment he spent with Kai, he would shudder in bliss and would hugged Kai tighter as he did right now.

“I’m fine.” He muttered, “I just never ride with motorbike before, so I’m a bit thrilled.”

“Are you afraid?” Kai brushed his hands circled around the man’s abdomen, and he wished he didn’t wear any jacket now so their skin would have a direct contact.

“No.” He smiled into Kai back, “I’m not scared of anything when I’m with you.”

Kai didn’t answer. Releasing his hand, Kai returned his grip at the cluth and sped more. They’re still had long journey to the city and Luhan was sure, he will enjoy every second of it.

.

 

“My …”

 

No, after three hours bouncing on leather seat, it’s not enjoyable anymore. Luhan thought while climbing down the motorcycle and brushed the stinging spot on his tailbone. He pouted at Kai who parked the bike in front of a mosque. Kai turned to see his mournful look and returned him a breathless chuckle which looked so annoyingly beautiful and reduced his pain to zero. It only put more scowl on his face. This is unfair, Kai should pamper him and love him and to brighten his mood but just by a flash of handsome smile on handsome face already melted the grudge in his heart. It felt like he was being laughed out instead.

“What?” He glared viciously at Kai.

“Nothing.” Kai was still laughing while entering the mosque, “you can rest here, I’m gonna pray.” The man explained to Luhan before, aside the five times Prayer, there are also additional pray to do mostly all the time. A fanaticism which Luhan thought unnecessary and wasteful cause people only lived once and their hours should be spent with better activity. However, since Kai believed in wrath of God, of course the man will try to gather goodness for a lifetime and stayed away from committing sin as far as he could. 

While sitting on the terrace of the mosque, Luhan wondered, what will God thought about his relationship with Kai. Obviously, what happened in between them counted as sin, yet Kai didn’t leave his religion completely for Luhan. The man still loved his God, still prayed and still asked for forgiveness. “Will he be forgiven?” Luhan whispered lowly, slightly hoped God would give mercy to Kai cause the man loved Him so much, “can I take all the blame for him?”

 

“Please?”

 

Luhan averted his gaze to the sky. Frown was all on his face as he whispered more, “He’s my everything, so can You forgive him for loving me?”

  The sarcastic side in his mind replied for his desperate wish, ‘who are you dictating God? He doesn’t exist to you and so are you to Him…’

Luhan blinked and gasped when a teardrop falling on his cheek. He immediately wiped away the wet trail, shocked at his own words hurt him this much. Yes, he believed in God now, thanks to Kai but he still preferred to stay outside any circle of religion, knowing that there are always unpleasant history and ideology behind the names. So far, he trusted Kai for giving him different version of story about Islam and because of it he believed Muslim people ain’t outlaws. However, he won’t consider to convert himself into a Muslim (and Kai never bugged him to, thankfully) cause there are SO MANY rules and prayers, like no pork bacon, no booze, no pet dog, so it’s more lameness than fun.

“Why are we going here, again?” Luhan asked Kai who joined him sitting on terrace. He rested his head on Kai’s shoulder and despite strange look he got from a Kaum (a man who lives to guard and clean mosque) Luhan decided to ignore it and scooted closer to his lover.

“We’re going to shop for the house, remember? And I also had appointment with a friend.”

 

*

 

“A friend, huh?”

 

Kai turned at Luhan when they arrived at the market. The man was very quiet during the rest of journey to the city and although Kai hoped Luhan would be excited to see cars and shops again, he couldn’t help but feeling a little disappointed with the gloominess. He brought Luhan on this motorbike journey to cheer the beauty cause living in a village for a month must bore Luhan, especially there’s still no electricity in the house except for a portable generator set. And it’s very loud, especially in the midnight.

“Yes, a friend.” Kai whispered lowly, “He will help us cleaning the compound and worked with electricity. We’ll meet him at Diamond Hotel inthe noon, so for now…” He took Luhan hand and smiled sadly when Luhan gave him a confused look in return, “can you smile for me? A little bit is fine, cause we’re already travelling this far and you’re not once looked excited or happy.”

Luhan blinked, “I’m happy.” The blond answered, “I’m just…” his words stopped by a sigh, before he finally smiled, a bit too dazzling rather than it should, “I’m just sooooo jealous with this friend you never mention its name, why you never talked about the person before and why I had to see it now.”

“It’s not it.” Kai found himself grinning. Oh he definitely enjoyed jealous Luhan too, cause the blond looked so cruelly beautiful right now, “it’s a he, named Sehun.”

“Perfect, I already like the name.” Luhan didn’t even hide the annoyance in his bright and cheerful tone, “it really sounded like ‘one-of-my-exe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter