Seven

Falling in Love

Gym class had ended and Yumi was the last person to wash up. She put on her school uniform and fixed her messy hair.

Since she was the last person to use the changing room, she had to make sure that all the pipes and lights were turned off. When she finished checking all the pipes, she turned off the light in the changing room. With her school bag slung over one shoulder, she shut the door behind her.

Yumi was a bit tired from the volleyball game they played earlier in class even though she wasn't athletic.

 

As she headed for the exit, she heard a loud crash out of nowhere. She spun her head around and examined the whole gym. She didn't see anyone but noticed that the light in the storage room was on. Yumi suspected that it was coming from either the storage room or the boys' changing room.

Yumi decided to check the storage room first. She quickly made her way to the storage room and twisted the knob. Once the door was opened, Yumi's eyes flew wide open when she saw two pairs of eyes looking at her. *Not again*

Hye Mi pushed herself off the male and fixed herself. She walked over to Yumi with the same deadly glare that she gave everyone who pissed her off.

"What did I say the last time?! Do you not have ears?," she grabbed a fist full of Yumi's collar.

The male just stood there watching with a smirk on his face.

"I- I'm sorry, it won't happen again," Yumi apologized, not wanting to piss the queenka off even more.

"Beg. Go on your knees and beg me to forgive you," Hye Mi arrogantly spoke.

Yumi stared at Hye Mi for awhile. *Do you really have to go that far?*

"You're not going to beg?," Hye Mi asked but there was no response.

"Fine by me, you made me do this," she continued.

"Woo- Woohyun," the male stuttered, the smirk now wiped off his face.

 

Hye Mi quickly lifted her angry glare away from Yumi and met Woohyun's eyes. He was standing just outside the boys' changing room which was right beside the storage room.

Yumi turned around and saw Woohyun standing there. His eyes were full of anger but she could see the hurt that he was trying to hide. He walked over to them with his bag slung over one of his shoulders.

"Are you done?," Woohyun asked coldly. "Let's go," he directed at Yumi but kept his eyes on Hye Mi.

He then grabbed Yumi's wrist and pulled her away. Hye Mi scoffed at what he did and crossed her arms.

 

When they were outside the gym, Woohyun finally let go of Yumi's wrist. A red hand print was left behind on her skin. She rubbed her sore wrist that Woohyun previously held tightly with force when she was pulled out of the gym.

Woohyun then started to walk off leaving Yumi standing there nursing her sore wrist. When she saw that he walked off, she immediately ran over to his side.

"Woohyun," she called to him as she walked alongside him.

He didn't respond to her and kept walking.

"Woohyun," she called again.

This time he stopped in his tracks and faced her.

"You're so annoying, can't you leave me alone?," he coldly told her then walked off.

 

Yumi silently followed him from a distance. He knew that she was still there but did not say a thing. Soon, they both arrived at the rooftop of the science building.

Woohyun walked over to the concrete railing and sat down on the floor leaning against it. Yumi did the same.

She sat a few feets away from him as she didn't want to sit that close to piss him off.

"I'm sorry that I never told you about her," Yumi softly apologized to him.

"It's just that when I saw you guys happy together, I thought it was best not to say anythingto you," she explained.

He kept quiet and listened to her explanation. They both sat there in silence until the end of school, skipping their last class of the day.