Five

Falling in Love

"Rememeber this Saturday at twelve," Baekhyun reminded Yumi again before he left for lunch.

They made plans to meet at Seoul National Library on Saturday to start their biology project.

Yumi quickly headed to the cafeteria to get her lunch. She was starving. She purchased a ham sandwich and a bottle of apple juice.

 

As Yumi was heading out of the cafeteria to eat outside, her eyes fell on a particular lunch table. It was the lunch table where the popular people sat. Stopping in her tracks, she stared at the school's famous couple, Nam Woohyun and Go Hye Mi.

A part of what she witnessed yesterday replayed in her head. She quickly shook the memory out of her head.

Yumi felt bad for not telling Woohyun about it but it was the only way to keep her out of trouble with the queenka. She watched how he put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. He then placed a kiss on her cheek.

The corners of his lips curled up into a smile and his eyes turned into cresents.

* He has a nice smile *

Yumi gazed at him for quite awhile until she snapped out of it when someone bounced into her, nearly hitting her over.

Before she stepped out of the cafeteria, she took one last look at Woohyun's lunch table.

* I hope what happened yesterday was just a mistake *

Woohyun looked happy with her.

_____________________________________________________________________

A sudden splash of cool water brought Yumi back to earth.

"Yah! What's that for?," she glared daggers at Woohyun who was watering the crops.

Her hair and face was dripping with water and a part of her shirt was wet.

"You're killing the plants," he indicated with his chin.

She looked down at the plant she was watering and saw that it was overflowing with water. She then quickly turned the water off.

"You could have just told me," she spoke as she wiped the water off her face with her hand.

"I did but you never heard because you were deep in your thoughts so I hosed you," he said then let out a laugh.

"You think it's funny?," she asked as she brushed the water droplets off her clothes.

"Very," he stated as he laughed at her loudly.

 

After a few laughs, he was drenched in water that yumi sprayed him with.

"Yah!," Woohyun yelled angrily.

"Funny, isn't it?," Yumi mocked then started to laugh.

"Hahaha," he pretended to laugh while ruffling his damp hair. "Now stop it," he said in a serious tone.

"You started it first," she argued back.

 

An hour later, they were finished watering everything. They packed up the hoses and put them back in the shed. 

Soon, they both headed back to the farm house. Thw whole walk back to the house was silent.

"Can I ask you a question?," Yumi asked when they were nearing the house, breaking the quietness.

"Don't be sad if I don't have the answer," Woohyun replied.

 

They continued walking forward until they reached his car.

"Do you like Go Hye Mi?," Yumi asked, waiting for an answer.

"Of course I like her, that's why we're dating," he answered.

"Then.... does she likes you?," she turned to him and asked.

Woohyun fell silent, he didn't know the answer.

"I... she... ," he started.

* Does Hye Mi likes me? I've never heard her say that she likes me *