Four

Falling in Love

"I'll remind you again that this project is worth thirty percent of your semester grade. Please check the roster at the back of the class to find your partner," the teacher reminded the class as he cleaned the whiteboard.

The students gathered around the roster at the back of the class, looking for their names to see who they have been paired with.

While the students crowded the roster, Yumi decided to get her bag first instead of being squished in the crowd. She placed her biology notebook and pencil case in her bag. As she was zipping up her bag, one of her classmates yanked out their school bag from the pile and caused her own to fall off the shelf. Her bag emptied out all over the floor.

"I'm sorry," her classmate apologized and was going to help pick up the things.

"It's fine, I'll do it myself," Yumi replied and stooped down to gather her things.

 

Yumi stacked her books together and shoved it into her bag. When she turned to her right, she found her pencil case right infront of her face. Her eyes trailed up the person's  hand and to their face.

It was Baekhyun.

"I believe this is yours," he spoke, still holding out her pencil case.

"I.... thank you," Yumi took her pencil case and placed it inside her bag.

She quickly zipped her bag and stood up. She fixed her bag on her back and brushed her blazer.

"Is there something that you want?," she shyly asked him because he was still standing infront of her.

"Yeah. I wanted to speak with my partner," Baekhyun told her.

"Partner?," Yumi asked, confused.

 

Baekhyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her over to the roster. Her eyes doubled in size because of the sudden action.

He's holding my wrist *

Yumi's cheeks started to redden as she stared at his hand holding hers.

"Do you see it?," he asked, now gaining her full attention.

"Huh?"

"Look we're partners," he told her and pointed to their names on the roster.

"Oh ... ," she smiled.

"I have to go, let's talk tomorrow," he spoke when he remembered he had something to do.

"Okay. Bye," she said but he was already half way to the door.

"See you tomorrow!," he shouted after her before stepping outside the class.

* Yeah, see you tomorrow *

Yumi smiled to herself and made her way out of class.

_______________________________________________________

As Yumi walked to the bus stop, she went into her bag to take out her purse. She took out enough money for her bus fare and placed her purse back into her bag.

Her eyebrows knitted together when she didn't see her cellphone in the small compartment where she kept it along with her purse. She thoroughly searched her bag and her pockets but it was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, realisation hit her. She remembered that everything fell out of her bag after biology class.

* It's probably somewhere on the floor in the biology lab *

Yumi then turned around and headed back to school.

 

The school campus was now empty as everyone went home. Yumi to the biology lab where she had her last class for the day. She twisted the door knob quietly and entered the lab.

Her eyes went round at what she saw.

The school's queenka, Hye Mi, was sitting on the teacher's desk making out with the captain of the basketball team.

Yumi cringed at what he did next. Hye Mi's hands were wrapped around his neck as his hands found their way under her skirt. She was digusted and turned to retreat but her eyes accidentally locked with Hye Mi's.

Yumi was frightened and froze on the spot. Hye Mi pushed the male off of her and stood on her feet. She fixed her skirt and made her way to Yumi.

Yumi thought that she was going to die on the spot from the deadly glares that she received from the queenka. Oh how she wished that she hadn't seen what happened just awhile ago.

Hye Mi stood infront of Yumi and with a quick movement, Yumi was lifted slightly off her feet.

"You. Did. Not. See. Anything," Hye Mi gritted through her teeth as she tightened her grip on the girl's collar. "Do you hear me?," she asked, shaking Yumi violently when she did not respond.

"Y- yes," Yumi managed to answer and lifted her head up to meet anger filled eyes.

Hye Mi released Yumi's collar and neatly straightened it out.

"Don't let me see you again," she smiled before stepping outside the lab.

The male followed shortly.

 

Yumi was left in the lab alone, still a bit shaken up by Hye Mi. It was very simple, all she has to do is keep shut about what she saw and nothing will happen to her. 

Hye Mi was a person who you wouldn't want to mess with.