Two

Falling in Love

It was the end of lunch time so it was crowded in the hallways as everyone was making their way to class.

Yumi was heading to math class when she bounced into someone, making all her papers fall out from her folder and the person's books scatter everywhere.

"Sorry," she apologized to the person as she stooped down to pick up their things.

It was hard for Yumi to gather her papers as people were stepping on them while they were passing. 

Seeing that Yumi was taking forever, the person stooped down and began to take up his books himself.

 

When Yumi placed all her papers into her folder and was about to stand up, someone accidentally knocked her over when they were passing by.

She fell forward and came face to face with the same person she bounced into earlier.

Their eyes both widened when they saw each other. Yumi got up immediately and quickly grabbed her folder off the floor before disappearing in the crowds.

* So you attend this school * A mischievous smile crept on Woohyun's face. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Math class was over so Yumi headed for her next class. The teacher stopped her at the door and asked for her math assignment. Yumi went into her folder for the assignment but couldn't find it.

She searched her folder over and over again and still couldn't find it.

"Is there a problem?," the teacher asked as she noticed Yumi was taking quite a long time.

"I... I can't find my assignment Miss," she told the teacher.

"First you're late for class and now you can't turn in your assignment. What's going on with you today?," the teacher asked.

Yumi was a student who performed outstandingly in school. She had a perfect school record as she scored excellent grades, was always punctual for class, did every piece of work she received and many other things.

"I.... ," Yumi spoke as she didn't know what to tell the teacher.

She was late for class because of the incident with Woohyun and as for her math homework, she had no clue to what happened to it. She clearly remembered herself putting it inside her folder last night.

"I'm sorry but you have detention afterschool. You know the rules for not handing in your assignment," the teacher told her.

"Yes Miss, I understand," Yumi answered.

 

Yumi made her way to her next class which was English and unfortunately, Woohyun was in that very same class.

She entered the classroom and sat at the back of the class. The teacher wasn't present yet so she tried to finish some assignments that were due tomorrow since she will have barely anytime to do them as she'll be arriving home late because of detention.

While she was doing her work, her desk shifted causing her to make an unnecessary mark in her book. Yumi ignored this and continued writing.

"Yah!," someone spoke and kicked her desk again, making her mark a long line across her page.

Yumi lifted her head and found Woohyun standing infront of her. He opened the bottle of water that he had in his hand and tossed the cover aside.

He then poured the whole bottle of water over her head which made the class silent.

Yumi couldn't do anything about it because he was the kingka and she was just a scholarship student.

 

Woohyun was heading to his seat but turned around. He took out a piece of paper from his pants pocket and unfolded it.

"I almost forgot," he threw the paper on Yumi's desk.

Yumi examined the paper that was soaking up the water on her desk. She saw that it was her math homework that she couldn't find.

"Have a nice day at detention," Woohyun whisphered in her ear before he went to his seat.

Everyone started to laugh at her and murmur among themselves. 

Yumi took up her school bag and exited the classroom because she didn't want anyone to see her, especially Byun Baekhyun, the guy she liked.

She liked him since she entered highschool but she didn't had the courage to confess to him because first of all, he was one of the kingkas of the school and second of all, she wasn't like those other girls - rich and pretty.

____________________________________________________________________________

Woohyun came home from school and went straight up to his room. He flung his school bag on the floor and laid down on his bed. He was exhausted from all the school work and had to attend a business party later so he tried to get some sleep.

As he drifted off to sleep, his mother barged into the room causing him to wake up.

"Nam Woohyun! What is the meaning of this?," his mother asked as she held up a letter from his school. "So you were lying to me all this time," she continued.

Woohyun took the letter from his mother and read it. It was a letter from his school which said that he hadn't completed any of his community service and if he doesn't finish them, he cannot graduate.

"Fifty hours! I have to waste fifty hours helping people," he exclaimed.

"Your father and I have discussed this matter earlier and we've decided to let you volunteer at Kim's Produce Farm as it will benefit you in the future," Mrs. Nam spoke.

"I don't care, I'm not going," he firmly stated.

"Are you really going to disobey your father? Remember what happened the last time you did that," his mother asked him.

Woohyun clearly remembered what happened the last time he went against his father, it was a nightmare. His credit cards, phone and car was confiscated from him for a week. During that week, he learnt to never disobey his father again.

"Fine, I'll volunteer there," Woohyun replied.