Six

Falling in Love

Saturday came by quickly. Today, Yumi will be meeting Baekhyun at the library to start their biology project.

As Yumi sat in the library, she became anxious with every second that passed by.

They agreed to meet each other at twelve o' clock but she came an hour early. While waiting, she collected some books on the topic they were focusing on for their project.

 

It was finally twelve o' clock. Minutes had passed and there was still no sign of Baekhyun. Yumi decided to wait a bit longer to see if he was going to come.

An hour rolled by and that's when she saw Baekhyun walking towards her. She was happy that he came, she nearly thought that he stood her up. He waved to her and flashed his cute smile and she returned a smile.

"I'm sorry that I'm late," Baekhyun apologized as he placed his bag on the table and took a seat across from her.

"It's okay," she replied.

Just then, Woohyun came running in the library and plopped down in the seat beside Baekhyun.

"I told you to wait on me," Woohyun spoke loudly, earning unfriendly glares from people in the library.

He didn't pay any attention to it as he didn't care. This was his first time stepping into a library and he already broke the most important rule.

"Sorry. Yumi was waiting," Baekhyun answered while Yumi kept staring at Woohyun in disbelief.

She waited two hours for Baekhyun, not Woohyun and Baekhyun.

"Oh. Hey," Woohyun greeted her.

* This is going to be a long day * Yumi let out a heavy sigh

_______________________________________________________________________

Three hours passed in the blink of an eye and the table was covered with opened text books on the topic, the circulatory system. Loose papers with their jottings on the circulatory system were scattered on top of the books. The three hours that they spent researching and reading had paid off since they completed half of the project already.

They were sure that after they leave the library, they wouldn't be allowed in there anymore because of the disturbances that Woohyun caused.

"Here Baekhyun, have a snack," Yumi held out an apple and a bottle of water in her hands.

"Thank- ," Baekhyun reached for the bottle of water but Woohyun beat him to it.

He quickly unscrewed the cap off the bottle and gulped down the water, leaving only a little back in the bottle.

"Thanks, I thought I was going to die of thirst," Woohyun spoke then wiped off the water that ran down his chin when he was drinking too fast.

"That wasn't for you," Yumi tried her best to tell him nicely since Baekhyun was infront of her.

He ignored her and grabbed the apple out of her hand.

"Do you want this Baekhyun?," he asked.

"No, I'm not hungry," Baekhyun replied.

"See, he doesn't want it," Woohyun said before he took a bite out of the apple.

"Sorry," Baekhyun apologized.

"It's fine, let's continue," Yumi suggested and shifted her attention to the diagram of the human heart.

 

"So deoxygenated blood enters the heart through the vena cava, right?," Baekhyun questioned.

"Yeah. It then enters the right atium," Yumi leaned closer to the table to see the diagram.

Her hair fell in her face, blocking her view. She tried to tuck it back but failed as it fell everytime she looked down on the diagram.

Yumi suddenly felt a hand rest on top of hers when she was fixing her hair again. She looked up and met Baekhyun's eyes.

"Let me help you," he spoke and securely tucked her hair behind her ear.

Yumi's cheeks flushed red. She tried her best to hide it from him and it worked but not for Woohyun who was watching them closely.

"Does it hurt?," Baekhyun asked out of the blue.

"Huh?," Yumi looked at him, confused.

Woohyun laughed, "It's still there."

She then remembered about her small bruise on her forehead that she got a day ago because of Woohyun. They were fighting over the watering hose and the head of the hose hit her. She quickly lifted her hand to cover it since her hair didn't hide it anymore.

"Ow!," she cried.

"I guess it does," Baekhyun spoke.

* Stupid Woohyun *

__________________________________________________________________________

"So we'll meet on a different day to add the finishing touches. I'll go home and review it over again," Baekhyun told her.

"See you at school," he bid goodbye and left both of them.

He was in a hurry to run some errands for his mother.

"Bye," Yumi said with a smile.

 

Yumi watched Baekhyun walk down the sidewalk to his car before she turned the other direction and headed to the bus stop. 

"Why are you following me?!," she spun around and asked Woohyun.

He could sense the anger coming from her.

"I'm not, my car is parked over there," he answered and pointed to his car just ahead of them.

When she saw that he wasn't lying, she turned around and continued walking. He had a big smirk plastered across his face.

"Wait," she turned around to face him. "Why aren't you finishing your community service today?," she asked.

"I can go whenever I want and I didn't feel like today so I followed Baekhyun to the library,"he replied. "Why? Did I ruin your little date?"

"It wasn't a date, we met up to do our project," she corrected but she really wished that she could go on a date with him.

"Really? Then, do you like him?," he interrogated her, waiting for her to answer.

A small blush tried to creep up her face but she somehow managed not to let it appear.

"I don't like him," she lied.

"Oh really? It doesn't look so to me," he commented.

"Just leave me alone," she said then ran away before he could attack her with questions. 

* You're such a bad liar *