Keep Falling, Then..

The Way

The next morning…

                ZE:A came to the practice room right at 7.30 a.m. 9Muses members were already there, playing around. I did not see Hyuna. She probably has not arrived yet, I thought.

“Minha-yah, annyeong!” Heecheol greeted the young woman as soon as we entered the practice room.

“Oppa, I have something for you!” Minha looked very cheerful as she dragged Heecheol along.

“Both of you finally get along well, good then!” Junyoung said.

                Hyemi walked towards me all of sudden.

“Kevin oppa, Hyuna unnie won’t come today, she’s very sick. Go visit her, because the rest of 9Muses members are filming Weekly Idol today, we’ll go at 9” Hyemi said to me, half whispered.

“Ah, okay…” I smiled to Hyemi. “Wait, why are you telling me this?”

“Cause I know you’re looking for her, I don’t want you to get worried because she’s not here..” Hyemi smiled as she left me stood like a fool.

                After practice, Dongjun, Hyungsik, Siwan and Kwanghee went to their individual schedules. Junyoung, Heecheol and Taeheon asked me and Minwoo to join them. They were about to go to Junyoung’s restaurant. Minwoo refused because he had to attend a meeting with our manager since he was casted as a guest on Running Man. I refused as well, I said to them I was not hungry and just wanted to go back to the dorm.

                I drove my car to Hyuna’s apartment, I bought some flowers and apples on my way. I knew she wanted me to buy her some flowers. Our relationship got stronger until the point that I knew her house’s password. Well, yeah before the incident last night.

                I entered her apartment, I smelled flower-ish scent as soon as I opened the door. I put the flowers and the apples I bought earlier on the table. Hyuna was nowhere to be seen until I knocked at her room’s door which was slightly opened. She was laying in the right side of the bed, the place which she totally loved. I entered her room, called her name in a half whispered tone. She was sleeping. I put my hand on her forehead. She was hot.

“I bet you haven’t eaten since yesterday..”

                I went to the kitchen, looking around, searching for ingredients to make carrot porridge. I started cooking as soon as I got all of the ingredients. After the porridge is ready, I put it in a bowl and bring it to her room. She already woke up and slowly rubbed her head.

“Hey, dizzy?” I asked her as I sat on the side of her bed.

“Oh! You’re here…” Hyuna said then coughed after that.

“Eat this first, I’ll go buy some medicine for you later, okay?”

                Hyuna nodded and I helped her to sit properly. She was really pale.

“If you don’t feel better tonight, let’s go to the hospital then…”

                She nodded, again. That was the only thing she could do. She refused to eat.

“Open your mouth…” I ordered as I place a spoon of porridge in front of .

                In the afternoon, I went to the nearest drug store then to the dorm to bring my clothes. I planned to sleep at Hyuna's apartment tonight to look after her.

              

08.30 p.m…           

                I put my hand on Hyuna’s forehead again, she was still hot. She kept coughing too.

“Hyuna-yah, let’s go to the hospital. I think you need to see a doctor..”

“No, I’m alright. I’ll be fine in the morning….”

                I lay beside her. I caressed her jaw.

“Mianhae, Hyuna-yah.. You’re sick because of me” I said as I kissed her forehead.

                I cuddled her, she moved closer until I could feel her hot breath on my neck.

“Don’t leave me..” Hyuna said, half coughing.

“I’m here” I kissed her head. Made sure she did not worry.

“I have trust issue, Kevin…”

“Hm?” I was confused.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t talk about this earlier. Really, it’s hard for me to trust people. I talk to Junyoung about this long long time ago because he was the first person I knew at Star Empire, he is a ‘Moon’ too. So became friends ever since, we also share the same problem” Hyuna rubbed my chest and hugged me tight. “But with you, I don’t know what happened. I trust you right away. It’s either because I probably decided to make the right choice or I was just so sick with all of this…”

                Hyuna who was always fierce and strong, Hyuna who always had an outstanding charisma on stage suddenly changed into a lady with a fragile heart.

“Perhaps, somebody hurt you in the past?” I asked, hoping she would open up bit more.

“Three years ago, someone hurt my sister…”

                I stunned for a while, I look at her, Hyuna talked to me with her eyes shut. She tighten the hug, I felt like she did not want me to go.

“Sister? You have a sister? I didn’t….”

“Had, that’s the key word…” Hyuna said that before I could even finish my words.

“Oh, I’m sorry…”

                Hyuna looked at me with her pale face, I felt sorry for her more. She smiled at me, the smile you see if someone trying to say “It's okay” to you.

“I taught myself to be an independent woman, I taught myself to believe in anyone but me, because I’m scared I would become like my sister. I thought…”

                I kissed her lips before she could say any more words.

“You’ll catch the cold…”

“Doesn’t matter, I would even die for you…”

“I think I’m in trouble…” Hyuna looked at me in the eyes.

“Why?”

“You made me fall too deep. Once you leave, I won’t be able to stand anymore…”

“Keep falling then, cause I won’t ever leave you. I promise…” I said that as I kissed her again

                I could feel she smiled during the kiss. She even giggled. I was glad that she, ummm, at least felt better. She continued talking about her sister whom I found out passed away because she committed suicide. We talked for almost half an hour.

“Now sleep. You have to rest. I’ll sleep on the couch in the living room. Call me if you need anything, okay?”

                Hyuna kept tangling her left hand on my right shoulder, she did not say anything. I smiled. She really really did not want me to leave her. Guess I had to stay here with her then.