Im Woong Jae

The Way

                I was sitting next to Hyuna during dinner. I kept asking Hyuna what the meal was because that was the first time I’ve seen this kind of food. Hyuna explained that was a soup which Koreans always have during the autumn. Hyuna’s grandma also taught me how to cook one since she probably knew that I looked pretty confused.

                After the delicious dinner, I helped Hyuna washed the dishes when her grandmother suddenly approached me and asked about my relationship and Hyuna.

“We work at the same company. He also is a singer ”. Hyuna answered her grandma’s question calmly.

“Don’t get into trouble. Once people find out, you both have to be responsible and protect each other”. The grandma said.

“Don’t worry, I’m not the bad guy who would break this little princess’ heart”. I said to her while smiling.

                Once again, Hyuna blushed and gave me the “awwww” look. If her grandma was not standing next to me, I probably hug Hyuna tightly right now. After the short conversation, Hyuna and I decided to go back to Seoul since we were going to have a practice session the next day.


 

In the car…

                We both said goodbye and waved at her family members. I kept holding her left hand as long as I drove the car. Hyuna held my hand tightly

“We’re going to the beach, aren’t we?” I asked Hyuna while she was checking herself out on her phone.

“Eh, isn’t it too late to go to the beach…..”

“You said you wanted to go. We’re going to pass the beach on our way home though”. I said.

“Okay then..”

                We were standing by the beach, looking at the moon and feeling the breeze on our hair.

“Moon..” I said while pointing out at the moon.

“My name, right?” Hyuna giggled.

                I hugged her as I was playing with her hair. She buried her face on my chest. She probably could hear my heartbeat.

“I wish the time would stop right now, you know?” Hyuna said while tighten her arms around my waist.

“Why?” I rubbed her back. “Cause you want to be with me forever? Haha…”

“Kevin, you know what, every time I get serious, you’re always being greasy. You’re weird!”

                I could feel Hyuna laugh a bit. I kissed her head.

“So this is what you want to do at the beach? I mean, hugging me like this?” I said, half laughing.

                Hyuna looked at me.

“Stop looking at me like you want to kill me.. Sorry!” I said while trying hard to put her head to the place it was.

“Don’t you like it when I’m hugging you?”

“So, now you’re being greasy too?” I asked.

                Hyuna laughed, the next thing I knew was…we were on our way to go back to Seoul.


 

In the dorm...

Our dorm was so quiet. Everyone was in their dreamlands I guess. Well, of course, it’s ten minutes past midnight already. I opened my room’s door slowly, tried hard to make noise as little as possible, afraid that I would wake Siwan up.

“You’ve come..” Siwan said.

“I thought you were sleeping”. I entered my room.

“No, one of my favorite American films is on. Don’t want to miss it, it’s a serious business!” Siwan talked without take his eyes off of the TV in our room.

“Oh ok…” I said while I get on my bed and ready to sleep.

“What were you two doing, Kevin? Fancy a chat?”

“Huh?”

“You’re just back from her house, eh?” Siwan asked, still with his eyes focused to the TV.

“No, I’m not. I just was enjoying my free time. I went to catch some fresh air”. I lied.

“All day long? Your lungs probably glowing because of that… haha” Siwan said, half laughing.

“What you mean by “her house”, anyway? Like you know I was going out with a girl or yeah…” I put my blanket all over my head, I was trying hard to avoid his (next) questions.

“Of course I know. I know at the right time you were about to go this morning. I know the faces of people who are in love, Kevin.. I was like that too three years ago”.

                I stunned. I thought Siwan never dated anyone.

“You’ve ever dated a girl three years ago?” I asked, curiously.

                Siwan didn’t give me an answer. He just giggled and shook his head a bit.

“Don’t mess around Kevin, love her right, whoever this girl is. Stay away from trouble…”

“Like you know what you’re saying.. Ha!” I .

“I’m giving you some advice, you know?” Siwan finally looked at me now.

“Im Siwan gave me an advice about dating a girl? Really? Im Siwan who never dated before…” I said as I closed my eyes.

“I’m talking to you as Im Woongjae now, not as Im Siwan you know…”

                I could feel seriousness in his words. He probably meant it. Hmm.. He hid his ‘true’ side of himself very well.