Moon(s)...

The Way

Two weeks later…

               All of ZE:A members were busily cleaning the dorm. Dongjun and Hyungsik cleaned the windows. Minwoo, Heecheol and Taeheon were struggling to lift the sofa and moved it to face the tv in the living room. Kwanghee vacuuming the carpet, Siwan and I were doing the dishes while Junyoung was busily texting someone while he cleaned out bad food in the refrigerator.

“Who put half empty cup of pasta here?! Smells bad!” Junyoung yelled as he took out the ‘half empty cup of pasta’.

“That’s mine!” Kwanghee responded.

“You can’t eat thi…s!” Junyoung almost couldn’t finish his words as he hurriedly grabbed his phone. Someone sent him a text message.

                Junyoung smiled and immersed into the conversation he was making with the person on his phone. One minute later, he took out all the bad food and rubbish from the bin near the refrigerator. He put his phone near the coffee maker and I accidentally read “Hyuna” as the sender of the messages he has been receiving from.

                “So, he was texting Hyuna? Is there something between them that I don’t know?” my head said that. My heart hurt.

“Hyung, please move a bit, I want to wash my hands…”

                Somebody pulled me away from the sink.

“What are you doing, Siwan?” I asked Siwan.

“Didn’t you hear that? Heecheol said he wants to wash his hands. He asked you to move a bit..” Siwan explained.

“Oh, sorry..”

“Are you okay, Hyung? I hate doing the dishes too, lifting up the sofa was better.. ” Heecheol teased me.

                I was in a state where I didn’t really care about what people were saying. I was too immersed on thinking about the exact relationship of Hyuna and Junyoung.

“Finally, it’s over… Ah! I’m so tired!” Kwanghee threw himself on the sofa.

“Hyung, you’re just vacuuming the carpet! I lifted up that huge sofa from the second floor..” Minwoo whined.

“You did that with two other members, I was vacuuming alone…” Kwanghee started a war with Minwoo.

                Junyoung laughed then hand me a cup of cola.

“Why are you so silent today? Any problem?” Junyoung asked me as he slurped his cola.

“Nothing..” I lied.

“Guys, we’re going to practice at two.. so we have an hour to prepare… Don’t be late!”


 

**********


 

After practice…

                 I asked Hyuna to meet me near Han River, the place where she used to jog.

“Hey!” Hyuna greeted me.

“Annyeong!” I greeted her as well.

“What are you doing here?”

“I want to ask you something..” I looked down then sighed.

“What is it?” Hyuna crossed her arms while looking at the river.

“Is there something between you and Junyoung that I don’t know?”

“Why do you ask that?” Hyuna looked at me. “We’re just, what.. Colleagues?” she added.

“Colleagues don’t text each other in their free time. Colleagues don’t talk to each other privately either..”

“Junyoung and I are just friends, Kevin.. That’s all. Why are you like this?”

                Rain started pouring down. I could see her hair started getting wet, probably mine too.

“Perhaps, do you like him?”

“What?” Hyuna smirked. “Really, Kevin. What is this? Listen, there’s nothing between me and Junyoung but friends, okay?”

“You don’t tell me the truth, do you?

“It’s a long story. I don’t think this is the right time to tell you that..”

                Rain poured down heavily, Hyuna and I started getting soaked.

“Get in the car!! I’ll drive you home..!” I ordered.

                Hyuna did not say anything. She kept looking at her feet as she sat in the car. I probably scared her since I raised my tone earlier. On her way home, both of us did not say a word. I did not hold her hand like I always did while driving. Hyuna looked guilty, sad and angry at the same time.

“Do you bring an umbrella in your bag?” I asked Hyuna who was still kept shut.

“Kevin, I’m sorry. Thanks for the ride…”

                I grabbed her wrist when she was about to open the door.

“Wait, cover your head with my sweater…” I said as I took off my sweater.

“No, I’m fine” Hyuna hurriedly got out of my car before I completely took my sweater off.

                I got out off my car, chased her then grabbed her arm.

“What exactly is happening?!”

“You won’t understand!”

“Of course I won’t because I don’t know what we actually argue in here. I don’t want to lose you, that’s it!” I said as I looked into her eyes.

                Hyuna suddenly hugged me passionately.

“You won’t, Kevin. You won’t…” she whispered in my right ear.

                We were hugging each other in the middle of the rain. I have never thought I would have such a ‘drama’ moment in my life. I could feel Hyuna cried. She released the hug and put her hands on my shoulders.

“I love you…”  I said then caressed her jaw and kissed her lips.

“I know…” Hyuna returned the kiss as she placed her right hand on the back on my neck and played with my hair.