Hyuna's Family Reunion

The Way

                Good morning! I’m near Han River now. Wanna come?

                That short message from Hyuna surprised me while I’m reading book in my bedroom. Siwan asked me why I was smiling like an idiot whilst looking at my phone.

“Nothing, Siwan-ah!”. I said.

                What are you doing there?

                I sent that message hurriedly before Siwan caught the real situation.

                Jogging. Being healthy is good, right?

               I stunned. I suddenly wanted to do some jogging. Hahaha! I moved like a ninja, said goodbye to Siwan who was arranging his shoes and went to Han River.

“Yah!! Where are you going?” Kwanghee yelled while vacuuming the carpet.

“Out!” I yelled back.

15 minutes later, I found Hyuna. She waved and gave her best smile at me.

“Are you alone?” I asked.

“Yes. I always come alone. My members are too lazy to do some work out.” Hyuna giggled. “So you are in jogging fans club too?” she added.

“I’m seriously bad at running to be honest.”

“Then what are you doing here?” Hyuna gave me that ‘you’re ridiculous’ look.

“To meet my girlfriend”. I said.

Hyuna blushed, I love seeing her like that.

“What if your fans seeing you with me right now?” Hyuna asked me while we’re walking side by side.

“Like I’m that famous. He he he! Why are you worried, by the way? People know we’re from the same company. There will be nothing but ‘ZE:A Kevin and 9Muses Hyuna jogging together’, ‘What a family!’, ‘I love their friendship!’ stuff, you know? Well, that’s what I think.”

“You’re smart. Surprisingly!” Hyuna smirked. “Ah, I’m going to my parents’ house today. You want to come with me? We’ll have a family reunion”. She added.

“Is it okay for you if I come?”

“A boyfriend has to visit his girlfriend’s family, of course. I’ll be very happy!” Hyuna laughed.

“Shall I go to the salon first?” I asked.

“Ah, What’s wrong with you?!”

                Hyuna laughed while punched my arm lightly. Since we were going to her parents’ house at 9.30, I went back to the dorm in a hurry.

I packed my things while smiling and humming my favorite song.

“Aussie boy, are you alright?” Siwan asked me in English.

“Never been this happy before. Siwan-ah! I…. I…. I am very happy!” I answered his question in English as well.

“Are the boys going out today?” I asked Siwan who was busily typing something on his iPad.

“Some of them probably are, I’m staying in though. Want to be a lazy person just for today.”

“Oh, ok. I’m going out, Bro! I probably come back home at night.” I said.

“You look ecstatic! Are you signing a huge contract deal or something?” Siwan asked, full of curiosity.

“You’ll know! Sooner or later.” I smiled then left the room.

                Nobody was in the living room. The members were probably being lazy in their own rooms or going out just to have breakfast. The main point of this moment was, somebody was walking down the stairs happily. And that person was ME!

                                                                                               ********

                Hyuna sat on the passenger seat, smiling while looking at the window. I held her left hand tightly like I always did.

“Yeonsu? Your parents’ house is in Yeonsu?” I asked her.

“Yes. Near the beach. I grew up catching crabs. Let’s visit the beach before we go back home then!” Hyuna asked, excitedly.

“Okay”. I agreed.

                After two hours of driving, we finally arrived at Hyuna parents’ house. This house is so beautiful. I could even smell the fragrance of a happy family from the front yard.

“Help me with this please….” I gave her a medium box.

“What’s this?”

“A cake, I bought that before I picked you up.”

“Awwww… those flowers too?” Hyuna raised her eyebrows.

“They’re for your mother”. I smiled.

“You gave my mother bunch of flowers? Your girlfriend wants flowers too!” Hyuna looked disappointed.

“I’ll buy them for you later…” I patted her head.

                I collected my pieces of brave side and pushed the button of the house’s bell. Hyuna still looked upset because of the flowers. I bet she was jealous. I leaned over, whispered in her, told her to smile or her parents would think I treated her badly.

“Hey, Kevin’s jealous girlfriend! Smile!”. I .

“I’m not jealous!” Hyuna pouted.

                I kissed her head as the door opened. And a person who I thought was her father looked at us weirdly.

“Good afternoon, Sir”. I bowed then gave him an awkward smile.

“Hi, dad!” Hyuna tried to settle the situation.

                Suddenly her father smile and let us come inside. I gave the flowers and the cake to her mother, she greeted me happily. I knew that because she couldn’t stop touching my cheeks.

“Who is this good looking man….?”

                I felt that somebody touched my shoulder while asking that question. I looked over and bowed when I realized she was Hyuna’s grandmother.

“He came with Hyuna, mother. He gave me those beautiful flowers and this cake” said Hyuna’s mother as she cut the cake and put a slice of it on the plate.

“Ah… welcome to this house, then!” said the grandmother.

                Ah… that made me nervous thousands times than the pressure of debuting did. I saw Hyuna was talking to her father on the couch.

“What’s your name, young boy?” the grandmother asked me.

“Kevin. My name is Kevin”.

“Kevin?”

“Yes. Kevin”.

“He came from Australia, grandma….” said Hyuna as she came closer to my side.

“Ah, you must be good in English! Teach her then. Her English is terrible”. said Hyuna’s mother, tried to make a joke.

                As we were talking in living room, Hyuna’s family members came and made the situation very lively, especially when her cousins came and started blushing because they recognized who I was.

“Can I take a picture with you, oppa? I’m your fan. I love Dongjun oppa too!” she, the one who introduced herself as Minhee said to me while giving me a bunch of candies.

“Yah! What are you doing to him?” Hyuna glared at Minhee.

“Unnie, I’m a ZE:A’s….” the younger girl pouted. “Kevin oppa, are you coming with the other members too?” Minhee ignored Hyuna who was standing beside her.

“No, I’m coming alone”.

“Why? Perhaps, are you two….” Minhee looked at me and Hyuna then she put her hands, covering . Her eyes almost popped out.

“DAEBAK!!!!!!” she exclaimed.

“She invited me, because I’m her favorite ZE:A member”. I said to Minhee, awkwardly.

 “Hyunwoo-yah!! Come here!” Hyuna asked a boy who was drinking a box of grape juice.

                Apparently his name was “Hyunwoo”. He came over. He looked as young as Hyungsik.

“Introduce yourself to him…” Hyuna ordered the young boy.

“Hello, I’m Moon Hyunwoo. I’m her younger brother…”

                I introduced myself too, and then gave him a bow too. He recognized me as well, he told me that he liked ZE:A’s songs. When I asked him if he was into singing just like his sister, he said no. He wanted to be a doctor. I told him to study well while patted his head. He thanked me, almost like a younger brother did.

                As time went by, the warm atmosphere of this family suddenly reminded me of mine. Some of Hyuna’s cousins were playing cards with me. We shared the laugh together, especially when somebody lost and got punished. I won the whole game and could escape from those silly punishments. I left those kids when I saw Hyuna sitting near the pond alone. I came to her and sat at her left side.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Why do you look happier than me? It’s my family reunion!” Hyuna said as she placed her head on my right shoulder.

“I love your family. They are so many! And the kids, they are very cheerful. Happily laughing and running around. I miss my family too”. I rubbed the back of her left hand.

“Hyuna-yah, go help your mother preparing the food for dinner…” the familiar voice came from the back of us.

                We both looked over in unison. Hyuna’s father was standing behind us. Hyuna hurriedly went to the kitchen while her father sat beside me as he gave me a can of coffee.

“Tell me about yourself, kid”.

“Ah, I’m Kevin. I came from Australia.” I said.

“I heard that. I mean. More about yourself. Something that I don’t know”.

“I work in the same company with your daughter, Sir.”

“I saw you on TV before. I guess I know who you are… but,”

“I’m madly in love with your daughter, Sir.” I spoke before Hyuna’s father finished his words.

                He looked at me in the eyes.

“I know you are…” he smiled. “Just don’t hurt my only daughter, please.” He patted my shoulder.

“I won’t… I promise you.”