Arirang Radio Interview

The Way

            9Muses members were invited to a program on Arirang  Radio, Hot Beat and hosted by the one and only, me, ZE:A’s Kevin. Even though 9Muses is a 9-membered-group, only Sera, Sungah and Hyuna who could come cause the rest of the members were either very tired or had another schedule the next morning.

             The interview went well and was very fun. Since both Sera and Sungah speak English well, I didn’t feel awkward when I made such weird puns. Hyuna’s English was okay though. I was shocked when Hyuna said she joined 9muses because she watched our reality program. I was like ‘WHAT?!’. I was so babo back then. I was pretty ashamed. Ugh!

              Then, after the show ended I asked the three members to ride them home since it was too late. They came to the studio with their manager though, but I told him that I would drive the members’ home and buy some midnight snacks with them on the way. He agreed and left earlier.

              I drove to Sungah’s place first, then Sera and Hyuna’s. On the way to Sungah’s apartment, we ate some snacks at the night market. Some people who recognize us started to take some pictures. Most of people didn’t pay attention at us though, since we’re not that famous.

              We talked about some random things while I drove and Hyuna sat on the passenger’s seat. Sera was sleeping at the back and Sungah was busy looking at her phone while sometimes joined in our conversation. When arrived at Sungah’s place, Sera woke up and asked where she was. I always love her babo expressions. Hyuna laughed crazily and told me that Sera sometimes looked like that during their live performances and capture by the cameras. I told her that I looked like that sometimes because I couldn’t understand what my members were saying.

“My Korean vocabularies are still lacking. I need to study more.”

               Hyuna agreed and said that I should learn from her or Euaerin since they both are very witty.

               Sera went to her dreamland again soon as I started the engine of my car and got ready to ride her home. Because her place is a bit far from Sungah, I asked Hyuna some questions to make the atmosphere better.

“Is it okay to call you, ‘you’? I mean, do you want me to call you ‘noona’ instead?” I asked.

“It’s okay. We’re close anyway. I don’t mind.” She answered while looking at the mirror she held in her right hand.

               She turned her head then smiled at me. I smirked. She looked very pretty. I love her black hair, I hope she wouldn’t change her hair color for the next promotion. We arrived at Sera’s place and after she got down, I asked a weird (I guess) question to Hyuna.

“Do you want to go home now?”

“Why do you ask me that question?”

“Nothing. I thought you would spend more time with a ZE:A member. Haha! I’m sorry, I was joking!” I said half laughing.

               Well, I guess we both secretly know that I was half serious though. Hyuna smiled then looked at outside the window. And about 15 minutes later, we both got out of the car. She said thanks while smiling at me. She is definitely an angel!

“Noona..” I .

“Ah, Kevin-sshi, what’s wrong with you?”

“Look, you even called me ‘sshi’. Or it was an almost curse word?” I again because I wanted to spend a little more time with her.

“Ah, once again, thank you very much for driving me home. I really appreciate it.”

                I smiled. She turned her back, walked to her apartment.

“Wait!” I said.

“Yes?”

“May I tell you something?”

“What is that?”

“I’ve been in love with you since the first time I saw you entered Star Empire office four years ago. I always monitored your performance. I want to be the man who understands you the most. I just want to say that, it’s okay if you don’t want to accept my heart. I just want you to know that I really love you. I want to protect you. I just….. ”

                I couldn’t finish my sentence because I was so nervous and I weirdly forgot how to speak Korean. For some times, we didn’t say a word, just looked at each other’s eyes.

“Kevin-sshi, it’s almost 3 a.m. See you at the office at 10 then…. ”

                Her eyes. There was something behind her gaze. Like she wanted to tell me something, but she couldn’t.