The Third Member

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

One week later

Normal P.O.V

Semi was in the Cube cafe drinking her latte slowly. A few members of Beast walked in, one of them Hyunseung, and smiled at her in greeting. She smiled back and Hyunseung broke off from the group to come sit with her.

"Hey," Semi greeted. "How's practice going?" Beast had a comeback coming up in the summer and the boys were all dutifully preparing for it.

"It's good," Hyunseung replied. "How's training?"

Semi groaned and rolled her eyes. "It's tiring as hell. Sajangnim mentioned something about me singing an OST for a drama but nothing about an official debut yet."

"Hmm, well there's always a chance for a miracle." Hyunseung replied with a mysterious smile.

Semi frowned and something caught her eye. She turned to look out the window as a fancy black car rolled up and parked in front of Cube Building. Semi watched as Park Jin Young climbed out of the car. She frowned again and wondered why the CEO of JYP was here. Sure JYP Ent. and Cube ent. were like sister companies but even so, it was rare to see JYP here. 

He locked his car and then jogged up and into the Cube building. Hyunseung got up suddenly and smiled down at Semi. "You never know when it could come."

With that he wandered back to the members of Beast and left with them. Semi sat there in shock, wondering what his words meant. They seemed way too well planned out to be a coincidence. With a sighed and a shake of her head, Semi finished off her drink and got up, tossing the cup into the garbage bin. Her training hours were over and she could now go back home. 

However when she stepped out of the cafe a call came in. Semi dug her phone out of her pocket and answered it, barely glancing at the caller ID.

"Hello, this is Lee Semi."

"Semi-ah, please come to my office," said the familiar voice of Hong Seung Sung. 

"Ah, yes, of course. I'll be there in a moment." Semi heard the click of the call ending and pocketed her phone. Checking the road for cars, Semi ran across the street and jogged into the building. She made her way to the elevator and luckily it was already on the ground floor. After climbing in, Semi pushed the button for her needed floor and felt the machine rise. 

When she reached her destination she exited th elevator and made her way to the CEO's office. She knocked and then heard Seung Sung call her in. Opening the door, Semi stepped into the office and bowed at a 90 degree angle in respect. In front of the Seung Sung's desk, Park Jin Young sat in one of the chairs. He gestured for her to sit in the chair next to him and she bowed again in thanks before sitting down.

"Is something wrong, sajangnim?" Semi asked Seung Sung.

He shook his head. "No, we just wanted to talk to you about something."

Semi nodded hesitantly. She felt awkward sitting with two of K-pop's top CEOs. 

JYP continued on. "JYP Entertainment is going to be debuting a new girl group soon. We've already had two members chosen and we wanted a third member to add a more versatile image to the group. I believe you're friends with the chosen members, Dong Jimin and Jang Nami."

Semi felt happiness rush up inside of her for her friends. They'd been wanting to debut for such a long time, and had been trainees for so long, they definitely deserved it. But what this had to do with her, she didn't know. Chosing to voice her thoughts, Semi spoke up. "Congratulations. But...uh why am I involved in this meeting?"

Seung Sung smiled at her. "Jin Young said something about wanting a third member, didn't he? He's come here to ask for you to transfer to JYP and join the new group. He says Jimin and Nami both requested you."

Semi felt her eyes widen and her jaw drop. Jimin and Nami wanted her to join their group? Semi felt like jumping up and down but held back her sudden urge. She had been friends with Jimin and Nami for a very long time but not as long as two had known each other. They had formed an established duo long before she'd even met them. In fact they were supposed to debut years ago, but those plans fell through. 

And now they were finally getting their dreams and they both wanted Semi to be apart of it. Semi wanted to cry in happiness. 

Nodding, Semi smiled. "Can I do it?" She wanted so badly to do it, but she knew the decision depended on her CEO. 

Seung Sung nodded. "I've already signed you over. The deal has been in discussion for a week now. You're parents already agreed as well. We just decided to surprise you." 

Semi's smile grew. She stood up and bowed deeply to her CEO. "Thank you, Sajangnim." Then she turned to face JYP and bowed again. "Thank you! I will work hard to not let you down."

JYP smiled and stood up. "Then, let 's get straight to work. Go pack your things and I'll take you to your new dorm."

Semi nodded enthusiastically and bowed again to both men before leaving the room. Outside she threw her hands in the air and did a little happy dance before running for the elevator. Once outside the building she booked it for her training dorm and packed her clothes and belongings as quickly as she could. She didn't have much, her parent's house was close by as well, so if she needed anything all she'd have to do is go home.

But her things did fill two suitcases. She left a quick note and her key for her dorm mate who was still practicing and then shut the door behind her, the automatic lock clicking. Outside JYP was waiting her for by his car. He helped her load her bags into the trunk and then she climbed into the back and him in to the driver's seat.  Because JYP Entertainment was so close, the drive was short and soon they were unloading her bags.

Park Jin Young got out and handed her a key. "You're in room 325." 

Semi took the key and bowed her thanks. She then made her way into the building. Inside, it was small and sort of troublling to drag her bags to the elevator, but she was so happy she didn't care. When she reached the door Semi stopped and tooka deep breath. JYP didn't tell her if she had any roommates, but she prepared herself for whoever was behind the door.

She pushed the key into the door and twisted, the lock sliding open. Slowly Semi pushed open the door and her face broke out into a large smile. Jimin and Nami stood in the hallway. Jimin grinned and came forward to hug Semi. Nami was next adn then helped her pull in her bags.  They deposited them in the living room for now and then plopped on the couch together.

"We're going to debut," Semi said, the words finally sinking in. Her heart skipped a beat, her nerves getting the best of her and she hadn't even done anything yet.

"God, it's like a dream," Nami replied. "I can't believe it."

"I'm already nervous," Jimin laughed. Semi sighed, happy with where her life was heading. Suddenly a thought occurred to her.

"Hey, Nami, how are you and Jackson, have you made up yet?"

Nami rolled her eyes. "Please...not you too!"

Jimin laughed and Nami swatted the older girl's arm. She turned to Semi again with a mischievious smile. "How about you and Seungri-oppa?"

Semi blushed and shook her head. "Drop it."

"HA!" Nami burst and pointed at her. "Something happened didn't it?" Jimin looked at Semi and the latter's blush deepened.

"Nothing happened. Just let it be. Can we please focus on the main thing here?" Semi asked. "What's our concept going to be?"

Jimin pouted. "JYP won't tell us anything. I've been trying to get it out of him, but he's hiding it so well."

"I like the surprise," Nami said. 

"Yeah well you can pull off any concept," Semi said. "I can't do anything thing y without looking like a crazy woman."

Jimin and Nami laughed before the latter spoke again. "Actually, I can't do anything cute. I feel like a fraud."

"It is, I, who can pull off any and all concepts," Jimin said with a over dramatic hair flip. Nami scoffed and then pushed Jimin's shoulder lightly. Jimin laughed and then shook her head. "Well anything except cute also. I just feel like an older woman."

Semi rolled her eyes. "Jimin you're only 24."

"Yeah that's old enough," Jimin sighed as she relaxed into the couch. 

 Nami laughed under her breath before getting up. "Come on, let's get you unpacked so we can sleep. I'm ready to pass out."

Semi and Jimin got up and then all three unpacked Semi's things before heading to bed. 


A/N: Chapter 2 is out~! Hope you enjoy it and please tell me what you think! Subscribing would also be nice ;) 

From here the stroy can now progress a little faster because the characters have been introduced a little more. You will get to learn even more, however, later on as the story continues~

Thank you,

Miki~