The News is Out

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Nami P.O.V

---4 months ago---

I sighed as I rolled over onto my stomach to reach for my phone. Pulling it from it's charger, I lifted myself up to my elbows and blew a strand of hair out of my face. 5 New Messages. All of them from Jimin. With a roll of the eyes, I typed in my passcode and scrolled through the messages.

-Nami, JYP says to get to the building ASAP.

-Hello?

-Nami, it's really important. Please answer.

-Seriously, Nami answer your phone.

-NAMI! I SWEAR TO GOD. ANSWER YOUR PHONE.

I pressed the call icon next to Jimin's name and pressed the phone to my ear. The phone rang twice before Jimin picked up. "Where are you!?"

"At home..."

Jimin sighed, exasperation lacing her tone. "Nami, you have to get here! And quick. It's really important."

I pushed myself up with one arm and once I reached my feet I stretched out my neck. "Okay, okay, I'm coming. I'll be there in a few minutes."

I hung up and slipped my phone into my back pocket. I slipped on a pair of flats and as I reached the door I checked the mirror we had nearby. I wore a red long sleeved top with small, horizontal white strips and navy high waited shorts. My hair was down and wavy from not having been blow dried after taking my shower. I deemed myself suitable for a surprise meeting with the CEO of my company and grabbed my keys and exited the dorm.

The streets outside were clean and quiet. It was a nice day today, the blue sky spotted lightly with clouds. There was a slight breeze and it blew that pesky strand of hair back into my face. With a huff, I pushed back my hair with my hand ans started towards the JYP Building. 

My dorm was quite close, about a 2 block walk, so it didn't take me long to reach my destination. I stopped outside the door real quick to look up at the front facing wall. Giant photos of JYP artist's album covers smiled down at everyone. San E's had been taken down and now replaced with SunMi's face. And where JJ Project's photo used to be is now the group photo of GOT7. I frowned up at their group photo, zeroing in on his face. 

I scrunched up my face and made my way to the door. Inside, I passed the front desk and waved to the receptionist who smiled back politely. I pressed the up button on the elevtor and waited for it to arrive. When it did, before I could step in, two boys stepped out. Jr. and JB. I stepped back and bowed but Jr. stepped up and lightly knocked his knuckles onto my head.

I snapped up and rubbed the spot that he hit. Sticking my tongue out at him I started to walk by but JB blocked my way. When I glared up at him he smiled sweetly. For as great of a frien that he was, he sure did like to annoy me very often.

"Have you talked to Jackson lately?" JB asked. 

"Nope," I replied and tried to step around JB again, who gave me a disapproving look. He blocked my path again. With a sigh I looked up at him. "Sajangmin, is waiting for me, and I'm already late. Please let me through."

Jr. stepped up next to his hyung. "You can't ignore him forever. He's apologized a lot of times." Jr. was just as bothersome. Times like these made me question how we were such great friends. 

"No, I can't. And I know he has," I admitted. "But can we please have this conversation another time? I really have to go."

JB studied me and for a moment I thoguth we wasn't going to let me through. But instead he nodded and stepped aside. I sent him a thankful look and climbed into the elevator. I pressed the floor button that I needed to go to and waved to Jr. and JB as the doors closed. As the elevator rose up, I leaned against the railing waiting for it to reach my destination. When the doors opened, I exited the contraption and made my way down the hall and into JYP's office. 

I knocked twice on the door and then opened it. Inside, Park Jin Young sat at his desk, and Jimin sat in one of the chairs in front of it. She was dressed in workout gear so I figured she'd been training. When I entered the room, Jimin turned around in her seat and smiled at me. I smiled back and sat down next to her.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Jimin smiled at me, her face full of excitement, "Can I tell her?"

JYP smiled and nodded. "Go ahead."

I looked at Jimin curiously. She turned in her chair to look at me and her smile grew wider. "Nami-ah, we're going to be debuting!!"

I blinked, the words taking me by shock. Debuting? We're finally debuting? Jimin's smile started to dwindle when I didn't say anything, but it lit up again when I smiled.

"Seriosuly?" I asked, looking at JYP. "Are we actually going to do it? For real this time?"

JYP nodded, "Yeah, we're going to do it. I'm going to make sure it happens. However, there is one thing." Jimin and I looked at him expectantly. "I think the group would do better as a three member group. So, I wanted to add a nother member. Is that okay?"

"Another member?" Jimin asked thoughtfully. JYP looked on nervously, afraid we might not like the idea.

"Okay," I accepted. "Who is it?"

"Well that's the thing I want you to choose."

Jimin and I looked at each other before nodding in agreement. I turned to look at JYP. "Can we have Lee Semi? From Cube?"

"Lee Semi?" JYP asked. "She's Sunmi-ah's cousin, right?"

I nodded. Semi was a close friend to Jimin and I, and if we were going to add anyone else to the group it would be her. 

Slowly, JYP nodded. "Yeah. I'll see what I can do." 

I smiled again and Jimin grabbed my hand excitedly. After that, JYP dismissed us and once the office door closed behind us, Jimin and I started to bounce in excitement. "We're going to do it!" I said. "We're actually going to debut! Finally!"

"I know right! I can't believe it. I wonder what type of concept we're going to have? Oh! I want a y concept! No...a fierce concept? Ah~ I don't know!" 

I laughed and we started walking back down the hallway. As we climbed into the elevator we talked more but quieted as the elevator stopped at the next floor. Mark and Jackson walked in together and also fell silent when they saw us. Secretly, I sent Jimin a look that said, 'why me?'. Jimin sent me a look back that said 'be polite'. 

I smiled at the boys and nodded in greeting. Mark grinned and bumped my shoulder with his. "How are you doing? It's been a while, yeah?"

"Mmm." I nodded back. "I've been good. How about you?"

"We've been good," Mark replied, motioning to Jackson. Mark searched my face and when I didn't give anything away he sighed. Looks like every GOT7 member was going to bug me about this. The elevator reached the main floor and Jimin darted out. Mark stepped out next. When I went to follow them however, Jackson also stepped out and we bumped into each other. I tensed slightly and stepped back.

"You can go," I muttered.

"No you can go," he replied.

I bit my lip and stepped out of the elevator. I heard Jackson following behind me and as I caught up with Mark and Jimin I glared daggers at them both. Jimin only smiled and wrapped her arm in mine. Jackson stepped up next to Mark and looked at everything and everyone except me.

"Nami and I just got great news!" Jimin announced to change the atmosphere between us. 

Mark looked on in expectance and I noticed Jackson peek over.

"We're going to be debuting!" Jimin smiled at the boys. I nodded in confirmation.

Mark grinned. "Ah that's awesome! Congratulations!" Mark high-fived Jimin and then shared a hug with me. We thanked him for his kind words and then started back to our dorm. We said goodbye and went our seperate ways. However I stopped when I felt a soft touch on my arm. I spun around and met Jackson's gaze.

"Nami-ah, congrats. I'm excited to see your debut."

I smiled slightly and nodded. "Thank you." 

Jackson smiled back and then ran back to catch up with Mark. When I turned back around Jimin was looking at me weirdly. It was like an overly happy expression of a proud mother. I gave her a weird look. "What?!"

"Nami's in wuv," she made a heart shape in the air and I swatted her hands down. 

"No I'm not! I'm still mad at him!"

Jimin gave me another look. This time it said 'are you being serious?'. "Really, Nami? He's apologized a lot! Just forgive him already."

"Will you just drop it for now? Come on, I wanna go home and call Hyunseung to tell him the news."

Jimin sighed and nodded. Together we walked back to our dorm.


A/N: YAY! chapter 1 is out. This one starts 4 months before KraZ's debut to show a little more detail towards their group formation. 

And there are some unanswered questions but don't worry they will all be explained soon!

Thank you for reading the first chapter~! Please tell me what you thought. And subscribe if you're interested in reading more :)

 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdEaHI9CMAAvs_r.jpg