I'll be just fine pretending I'm not

pray

 

 

      My alarm clock was blaring in my ear reminding me that I would have to deal with disgusting human beings today, reminding me of my first day of college. I sat up from my bed and shut the stupid machine off, ripping the cord from the socket.  I quickly slip on some short and a white tee, I put on my shoes, comb my hair and grab a jacket. I open the front door only to be blinded by bright light, I wince as the streams hit me. I head back in grab my sunglasses and a flask full of whiskey before heading out.  Thankfully the girls had packed up everything I would need for school and left it in my car. 

The drive to the campus is quick, i grab my bag hop out of the car. I pull out my schedule and quickly look at it. Aish why didn't i go to orientation then I would know where all of my classes are. I ruffle my hair and head to try and find building C room 303, lyrics class.  I find a big sigh that has the school on it and a little are pointing near building A that says "you are here" I bite my lips and search for building c. I walk away from the sign and quickly head to building c. after 10 minutes of walking I see the building with a large C on the side. I start to walk towards it, but I am bumped by another human and I fall to the ground, my landing with a loud thud. I grunt and and quickly get up dusting off my .

"omo are you okay I- sunny-ah?" I look up and see the gummy smile and a full eyes-smile, hyosung. I quietly bow my head.

"wow, i haven't seen you in so long, I'm sorry for bumping into you, are you okay?" the old me would have smiled and say nea I'm wonderful, i hope you aren't hurt. the new me couldn't bring herself to smile, a permanent scowl on my face.

"ani, I'm not okay I just got bumped into. of course I'm not okay' I can hear the venom dripping from my own voice, her eyes widen.

"s-sorry sunny-ah" she bowed and walked away, Pulling her phone out of her pocket and making call. She kept turning around and looking at me. Whoever she was talking to they were talking about me. I decided to ignore it and go to class but something in the back of my mind telling me that this incident wasn't over.

 

-        -        -         -       -        -          -           -          -          -               -               -                -            -         -         -            -        -          -

    I walk off the school grounds and head out to my car, happy that the school day is over. Right as I was putting my keys in the ignition my phone starts blaring. I quickly grab my purse and sear through all the crap to find my phone. I find the stupid thing and answer.

"mwoh"

"mwoh? yah sunny-ah that is no way to answer a phone,especially when talking to an elder" Narsha unnie voice seeps out of the device and into my ears.

"neh unnie"

"sunny-ah are you busy"

"aniyo"

"then come visit me at my shop"

I frown, visiting Narsha means that she will ask a lot of questions.

"neh I'll be there soon" I hang up and throw my phone on the passenger seat. I angrily head over to her shop.

I pull up to her candle shop. i just sit in the car for a moment, bracing my self for the possible lecture that I might be facing. I get out of the car and enter with heavy steps. The door jingles when I come in the aroma of scented candles fill my nose. i see Narsha behind the counter her hair is up in a messy bun her white shirt hangs off of her loosely, the name tag is falling off of her shirt. She looks up at me and give a wide motherly smile.

"sunny-ah" she walk out from behind the counter and pull me into a tight embrace, I force a smile and raise my arms to hug back. she pulls away and smiles before brushing some hair out of my face.

"how are you" she asks with a motherly tone in her voice, I grimace.

"breathing"  Her eyes widen a little and moves onto a straight line

"look sunny, I called you hear for a reason, I want to talk to you about your attitude"

attitude? I knew i was going to get lecture

"I get it your heartbroken but that doesn't mean you have to take your anger out on others,you don't have to be rude. In particular this morning when Hyosung bumped into you you could have just bowed and walked aw-"

"she told on me, to you?" I burrow my eyes brows together

"sunny you have to be nice to oth-"

"No I don't" I raise my voice at her

"stop interrupting me" her voice is stern I can see the frustration in her eyes

" what happened to you? you use to be so happy and so loveable. are you really going to let a boy brin-?"

"he wasn't just a boy"  I can feel my anger boiling in my stomach

"and your not my mother so stop telling me what to do"

" your pathetic letting a boy have this much control over you, forget about him, Forget about Taecyeon"

I wince the moment his name is out, the tear well at her words.

"Taecyeon didn't love you, so stop loving him" I clench my hands and start shaking

"don't say his name" I whisper, she raises her eyebrow

"Taecyeon mov-"

smack

I slapped her and ran out the door tears streaming down my face. that was the first time anyone said his name in front of me that was the first time in moths I had hear his name. i quickly get into my car and I drive, i just drive not going anywhere in particular.

 

 

-            -              -             -               -                      -                 -               -              -                -                 

I pull up to a park I get out of the car and quickly run, i just run. I stop running and come to a  giant water fountain. I take deep breaths as I sit on the outskirt of the fountain. i pull out my flask and take a long drink

"can i have some of that?" I turn my head and see a boy about my age with big lips and bright eyes, his face was cute like a Childs. something about him seemed so familiar. i nod my head and hand him the flask.

"did you have hard day too?" He asks before taking a swig. I nod my head

"my girlfriend just broke up with me, not because she didn't love me bust because of the age difference, because I'm in college and she is in high school" I see tears well up in his eyes before he takes another swig. He hands me back the flask.

" she was my perfect girl, my ideal type I was so happy to be with her."  He stands up and turn towards me. he open his mouth like he has more to say, but just closes it

"it she really did love you, then your age wouldn't have matter. too me it sounds like an excuse to break up with you" i finally speak up.

"yeah i guess your right, I'm Yoseob by the way" he sits back down. i stand up deciding that I best go home

"sunny" I wave goodbye and start to walk away

"wait sunny-Shi" I turn to hear what he has to say

"you look much prettier when your not crying" I give him confused face. what is he talking about? i walk away and head to the park. his word echoing in my head, i enter the car and put the key in the ignition when it dawns on me, he was the kid from that day that Teacyeon broke up with me, the one that said the I was beautiful and asked if I was okay.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note:

sorry for takin so long to update I've been a little distracted with roleplaying latley

hope you enjoy!