Moon Jae: Truly Mistaken

Mistakenly Mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ► Moon Jae

It all started at the age of 2…

“What a cute baby! He’s got such chubby cheeks!” An ahjumma commented as I walked with my mother to nearby shop.

“A-aniyo, he’s actually a she.” My mother corrected the old lady politely.

“Eyy… so that’s why he’s so pretty. He’s actually a she, so sorry. Though I did mean what I said, she’s really adorable.” The old lady apologized.

“No, it’s fine.” My mother bowed and we began to walk again.

 

At the age of 12, my mother passed away from cancer, I lost a part of my heart that day. Not only did I lost my chance into becoming a woman, but lost the chance of experiencing the love of a mother. Because of that, my family's income grew small, and because of my mom's hospital fees we had to budget our living expences.

 

By the age of 18, it got worse. We we're out for lunch, I was asking for extra tissues because my father asked me to get more, since my brothers always ate sloppily.

The music was loud, so I had to lean close to the waitress, so I could whisper in her ear.

“I need extra-“Before I could even finish my sentence, the collar of my shirt was pulled back.

Someone had dragged me away. When the person finally lets go of my collar, I turn back to face a boy taller than me about 2 feet, his built was lean but big enough to beat me into a pulp.

“What the hell, man?!” He shouted.

Confused, I cocked an eyebrow at him which he took in as a misunderstanding.

“You think you’re tough? Hitting on other guys’ girls?!”

My brows creased into one, forming an angry expression.

“I’m not hitting on her!!” I shouted. ‘Every damn time.’ I thought.

As the dude was about to punch me, my brother came rushing in punching the boy on his cheek. My eyes widen in surprise. The guy fell to his side, rubbing his bruised cheek.

“Don’t you dare lay your dirty hands on my sister!” Sang Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter