001

소울 메이트 (Soulmate)

         

“If you don't have an aim seeking to reach, you will be a means for others to reach theirs.” 
― Mohamed Taha

 

 

The sun has awake and it’s light enter a tiny room of a simple ancient house in the side of Seoul. The teenage girl who slept in that room slowly squirms as the light hit her baby face. Her face is so cute with her chubby cheeks filling it. That’s make people sometimes recognized her much younger than her actual age. She doesn’t mind what people think about her but she always told people her actual age even if some of them didn’t believe what she said.

The light become brighter and made the girl groans and opens her right eye. When she finally awake from her dreamland and opened her eyes again, her eyes growing big and big and bigger like it want to pop-out. “Uh, what time is it?” she said as her hand find her phone. She rubbed her eyes as she waking up and started to sit down on the bed. “Crap! I’m going to be late! Aish !” She screamed and rushed to her bathroom to take a bath. Within a blink she already changed her pajama into her high school uniform. She putted everything she thought she will use at school, not paid attention what is her schedule today. She ran to the downstairs.

After she reached the bottom floor she ran to the kitchen and saw her oldest sister Jihyun, busy with the stove. Hearing the footsteps of someone, she turned around and smiles at her sister. “Waking up late again, Kwon Sohyun?” she said and focus back to her cooking. “Yes, and it’s happening everyday. I’m getting tired of it.” the chubby girl said and sighed. Her sister chuckles and turned off the stove. Look like she has done her cooking. “Then don’t sleep too late, sweetheart. I wonder what you did every night.” The older girl said and got answered by the younger girl, “Nothing,  just projects and study. So, when will we hit the road?” “What? Ah! You’re taking the bus today, Hyuna use the car. She said she is very busy today and she needs to use the car.” Sohyun choked when she heard what her sister said. “WHAT?! WHY NOT TELLING ME AT FIRST? I’M REALLY GOING TO BE LATE NOW!” she yelled and wore her shoes quickly. She has to catch the bus if she doesn’t want to be late.

After 2minutes running to the bus shelter, Sohyun found the bus and luckily the bus hasn’t drove away. She entered the bus with panting. People inside the bus stare at her and she answered the stare with a smile. The bus is full of people and that’s made Sohyun mad more. She cursing in her mind that she really hate anything happened today. It’s her first day in the last year of high school but started with a bunch of bad luck. She has to do her best because it’s her last year and it will decide what future she will face.

Hop off from the bus and she met another students who greet her . Kwon Sohyun, the number one student of Seoul Academics High School is pretty popular among the students and the teachers. Since elementary school until today she always ranked one. She could be like that because her hard works in studying. She’s kind of ambitious type. She’s obsessed to be the number one.  

Sohyun reached her first class and sighed because the front row has full and she has to sit at the most back of the class. She hate back row. She can’t pay attention fully if she sits at the back row. Students at the back row are students who don’t like to study. And she just hates people like that. Pretty girls came to her and hug her tight. “How are you my darling? You’re coming late again?” the girl said. Sohyun smiled and hugged the  girl back, “Yes, and lucky me I got a lot of bad luck this morning. Wait, Krystal did you paint your hair?” Krystal hushed her and whispered, “Yes, I hope Minhyuk oppa will love it when we meet this afternoon. We have a date. How is it?” Krystal asked Sohyun opinion and played with her new hair. Sohyun smile grew bigger and she said, “Aw, lucky you darling! You look great in that color. But I like your dark brown hair more.” “So, it’s not good? I thought you said is good.” The girl with new hair pouted. Sohyun pinched her bestfriend cheeks slightly, “Kidding! You look great in anything and everytime. And I bet Minyuk oppa will like it too.” Krystal smiled as she heard words that came out from her bestfriend mouth and started to kiss her cheeks. She repeatedly said that she loved Kwon Sohyun so much and blablabla.  Sohyun tried to get away from the kisses but then the teacher came and saved her life. Krystal back to her chair and winked to Sohyun before she sat on her chair.

The teacher hit his desk with his stick and made everyone silence. He is Sohyun hometeacher for this year and everyday she will have morning class with him. Yes, in her school first period is for hometeacher. The teacher started to absent the students one by one. After that, he clear his throat and said, “Attention please. Nah, today we will have new resident, class. Yeah, I mean there will be new student. He’s transferred from America. But he can speak Korea well. So, Mr. Oh Sehun please come in.” the class getting noisy, all the students talking and some is squealing.

Sohyun didn’t pay attention at first, but then she get curious of what the new student will be like. When the other girls at the class asking about what Oh Sehun looks like,  Sohyun has another thing in her mind. ‘America? He must be stupid or badluck if he go back to Korea’  ‘Wait, he can be pretty clever or genius if he from America’  ‘Nah, he can’t be. I can’t lose from him, right?’  ‘I wonder what IQ score’ . Sohyun’s  self-talking cut off by the sound of the door. She looked up to the front and found a tall Korea boy with black hair or dark brown hair, she was not sure cause she sat at the back. That Sehun boy looks like a model, and this was something that Sohyun want to throw away and burn from her mind, he is handsome and charismatic. All the girls in the class squealed in happiness and made Sohyun awake from her thought. That boy cleared his throat and started to speak, this was the most stupid thing in Sohyun life cause she felt uneasy and she can feel her heartbeat.

 

“Morning, name is Oh Sehun.”