Chapter 9

A Controlled Life

During the following days, Kyungsoo became distant. The conversations between Jongin and him became shorter, and they spent less time being intimate. Sometimes Kyungsoo would be out of the apartment for hours without telling Jongin, which would cause him to be extremely worried. Jongin knew he had to do something, but he didn't know what exactly.

When Jongin woke up that morning, he felt around for the other body in the bed, who, as usual, wasn't there. Panic washed over Jongin. Where was Kyungsoo? He shot up, scurrying out of the room in just his boxers. He was met with the bright morning sun rays that blasted through the open balcony door. That's where he spotted Kyungsoo. Releasing a sigh of relief, he crossed his arms as he walked to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was wrapped in a blanket, sleeping peacefully on one of the chairs. Jongin sighed, squatting next to Kyungsoo. He the sleeping boy's cheek. If he could touch a cloud, it would feel like Kyungsoo's cheeks. Jongin stood up again, carefully taking Kyungsoo into his arms bridal style. Kyungsoo mumbled a few times, making Jongin grin. He kissed the other's forehead and entered the master bedroom. He slowly and carefully placed Kyungsoo down onto the bed. "Hm?" Kyungsoo hummed, looking up at Jongin with squinted eyes.

Jongin shook his head, brushing the older's hair out of his face. "Nothing. Go back to sleep." Kyungsoo nodded wordlessly and fell back asleep in a moment. Once he slipped on a shirt and sweatpants, he walked out of the bedroom to close the balcony door and cook breakfast.

Instead of waking up to the sounds of cars and a cool breeze, he was greeted with the scent of eggs and the sound of the TV. He rubbed his eyes, patting the bed in confusion. Didn't he go out to the balcony?

He walked out of the room as he stretched his arms out and yawned. Silently, he entered the kitchen and scavenged through the fridge for his water bottle. Jongin jumped at the sound, turning around quickly. He put his hand over his heart, "Soo, you scared me!"

Kyungsoo's heart always skipped a beat whenever Jongin called him that. He was his Soo. He gave Jongin a half hearted smile and muttered a "morning" before going back to sit in front of the TV.

Jongin watched his every word, looking back on the eggs before he turned his attention to the other. "So how did you sleep?" He asked.

The elder shrugged, "Okay, I guess." He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, his eyes never leaving the screen.

Jongin nodded, waiting for Kyungsoo to say anything else. "I slept okay too." After more silence, he slowly backed away into the kitchen. 

Soon enough, Jongin finished cooking and called Kyungsoo to the table. When he didn't respond, he traveled back to Kyungsoo's spot and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Soo baby, breakfast is ready."

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows and turned to Jongin, slowly processing his words. "Oh, okay." He grabbed the TV remote and shuffled to the dining table. He sat in his usual seat which faced the TV. Jongin followed close behind him.

As they ate, Jongin tried to make conversation, but Kyungsoo, as always, responded with short answers. "Have you talked to your friends yet?"

"No."

"I can talk to Sehun. Maybe we could visit him and Luhan?"

"No, it's fine." Not sure they'd want to meet with me anyway.

Jongin sighed, getting fed up with the way Kyungsoo was acting. He reached over to grab the TV remote and turned it off, finally gaining his attention. "Kyungsoo, I don't know how you must feel, but I don't think it's positive." He grasped the other's hand, waiting for him to look up from his plate. He put his hand under Kyungsoo's chin and lifted it up so they would be looking at each other.

Kyungsoo's eyes gradually filled with tears as he switched between looking at Jongin's eyes. Jongin turned his body so he was completely facing him. "Soo, I-I want to help you. Please tell me how. It's killing me to see you like this," he caressed his cheek as he spoke tenderly. "Please, please let me in. Stop shutting me out, I need to know," he pleaded.

His tears spilled over, letting out a sob. He lunged forward to wrap his arms tightly around Jongin. He felt as though Jongin would evaporate into thin air if he let go. Jongin enveloped Kyungsoo into his arms, immediately kissing the top of his head. Kyungsoo hiccuped in between his words, "J-Jongin, I'm so sorry. I j-just-- I don't know. I don't know about me either."

Jongin ran his fingers through the smaller's hair. "Shh, it's okay." He was relieved Kyungsoo was finally showing him some kind of emotion. Even if it was as bad as this, it was a start. Jongin whispered, rubbing his back. "I'm here for you, Soo. Always." He kissed the side of his head. "How can I cheer you up?"

Kyungsoo raised his head, rapidly wiping his tears away. "We could go out." He sniffled, "Being stuck in here is kind of depressing, I guess."

Jongin nodded, swiping his thumbs underneath Kyungsoo's eyes to wipe out the never ending tears. "Okay. Like a date?"

He blushed, stuttering as he spoke, "Y-Yeah sure, a date."

In his head, Jongin had planned out dates he and Kyungsoo would go on. The thought brought a smile to his face. "Okay, how about after we finish eating?" Kyungsoo nodded in agreement, and Jongin his hair. His voice was still gentle, "I'll wash the dishes, okay? Finish your food." He nodded again and continued to eat.

An hour later, they met up in the living room, dressed properly for the summer heat. Kyungsoo slipped his shoes on and waited at the door for Jongin. "What are we going to do?"

The taller shrugged, slipping on his shoes before opening the door for Kyungsoo. "I have an idea, but it's a surprise. We'll wing the rest."


 

This is the end of this chapter! I'm sorry it's so short, but I wanted to put out something really fast because I felt bad for not updating for 6 months oops. I meant to update sooner but school has just been wiping me out. Anyways, thank you for reading and subscribing! Hopefully I'll be able to update really soon!

I also wanna say thank you to everyone who's stuck to this story for months and helping this fanfic reach 400 subscribers! Thank you all so so so so so much for subscribing, upvoting, and most importantly, reading! It means so much to me. I love you all! Happy holidays I hope you all have the best life ever~!

Also, comment what you want kyungsoo and jongin to do on their date! Maybe I'll pick yours and write about it~

Tumblr: dokyungstupid
Snapchat: gemstonemay (for an add back message me on aff~)
Instagram: gemstonemay