Chapter 4

A Controlled Life

So before you start reading the story I was wondering if any of you would be interested in reading filler chapters with baekyeol and hunhan so everyone can watch the progress in their relationships instead of only hearing it from Kyungsoo's point of view. Please fill out this poll so I can decide! Thank you and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter ^^

*edited 1/15/2021

~*~*~

After spending another period in another bathroom with Luhan and Baekhyun, Kyungsoo hugged them once more before leaving for his last class. "Thank you guys for comforting me again. I'm sorry for making you miss class." Kyungsoo blew his nose once more as he spoke with red, puffy eyes.

They both smiled kindly at Kyungsoo. Baekhyun tapped Kyungsoo's bright red nose and then ruffled the younger's hair. "Don't be sorry, Soo! You're our best friend. We'll always be here for you."

Luhan gathered all their belongings and then handed Kyungsoo his backpack. "Now come on, let's go to our last class. Afterwards we can take you out for ice cream and then go to an arcade and eat pizza!"

Kyungsoo chuckled softly at Luhan's enthusiasm. "Okay, but if you guys are busy we don't have to go--"

"Nooo no no Kyungsoo! Don't use that excuse. We are going to get ice cream together and that is final. We'll even try to drag Chanyeol out of his house." Luhan rambled on and on as they walked to their last classes together.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip at the mention of his assigned lover, turning to the group before entering his classroom. "I should probably check on Chanyeol. If I can get him to come out and talk to me, then I'll meet you guys at the ice cream place." He smiled as he spoke softly. "I promise I won't ditch you guys!" And with that, Baekhyun waved and walked into the classroom with his nervous smile.

Luhan and Kyungsoo had class together, so they walked quickly as they talked. "I'm worried about Baek and Channie..." Luhan drifted off at the end of his sentence. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. "Do you find it weird that we all got paired up with other men?" 

The other laughed, pulling the door handle open for Kyungsoo, "Yeah, that is a bit strange." They both walked in silence to their desks. Once they sat down, Luhan spoke up, his expression of worry clearly displayed on his face. "Kyung, y-you... you kicked Jongin pretty hard earlier. I know I probably shouldn't even talk about this, but what if he... tells on you?"

Kyungsoo laughed softly, pulling his book out of his bag, "What are you, 9?" He chuckled once more, quoting Luhan, "'What if he tells on me?' What do I have to lose? Besides, I doubt he'd do that. That's a pretty low move anyway, don't you think?" He suddenly started worrying. Luhan had brought up a valid point. The worst case scenarios started playing through his head. He could get suspended or expelled for battery. He couldn't even try to shake the thought of what would happen to him if his father found out. Maybe in the future, Jongin would hold that grudge. Maybe he would do exactly what his father does to him now. So many maybe's and what if's flooded his mind.

Luhan saw the panic suddenly flood the other's eyes and gently placed his hand on his shoulder, rubbing it lightly with his thumb. "Kyungie, I'm sorry! I'm sure it's fine, relax please." He pleaded, suddenly wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulders and resting his head on his shoulder.

"Really?"

"Yes, I promise." Luhan smiled and ruffled his hair. Kyungsoo sighed before trying to shake Luhan off of him.

At that moment, the bell rang, and the teacher began class by taking attendance. 15 minutes into the lesson, the classroom door bursted wide open. Everyone's heads shot up from their textbooks to find the source of the sound. The person at the door was, of course, Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo sighed deeply and pressed his lips into a tight line as the blond man walked towards him hastely. His wrist was grabbed tightly by Jongin, and he was pulled up from his seat to the front of the classroom. Jongin looked at the teacher with kind eyes and a gentle smile. "I'm so sorry, Miss, but another teacher told me to bring Kyungsoo right away!" Without letting the teacher speak, he dragged him away.

Kyungsoo struggled to get his wrist out of Jongin's grip once they entered the hallway. He didn't want to make a scene, so he didn't scream bloody murder. He did, however, start hitting Jongin's arm. "Let go right now. You have no right. What do you want?!"

Jongin walked both of them out the nearest exit, which lead to the student parking lot. He continued dragging the other until they reached Jongin's car. The blond dropped the other's wrist, and he opened the passenger's door and getting into the driver's seat right after. Kyungsoo stood there, rubbing his wrist as he stared at Jongin who stared right back at him. "Get in the ing car."

Sighing, Kyungsoo shook his head, "Why should I?"

Jongin bit his lip, raising his voice near to a scream, "Just get into the ing car, Do Kyungsoo."

Rolling his eyes, he turned around and started speed walking back towards the building. But he wasn't fast enough. Jongin caught up to him and grabbed his wrist once more, but Kyungsoo pushed Jongin's chest hard enough to get him off. "What the hell do you want? I'm not going in your car, I'm not stupid."

"I-I just--" Jongin sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "We need to talk. Please."

The level of anger in Kyungsoo rised, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Are you really that dumb? If you want to talk to me, forcefully dragging me out of class is definitely the wrong way to do it. You are so dumb I seriously cannot comprehend it."

The other frowned, leaving a moment of silence between them so he could think. "So... Will you get into my car?" Kyungsoo laughed scornfully and walked back to the school building.


The last bell of the school day rang, and Kyungsoo stood in the spot where he usually meets Luhan and the rest of his friends. Taking out his phone, he leaned against the wall as he patiently waited for them to arrive. However, a head of blond hair came into his view, and he was forcefully grabbed again. "Jongin, stop! I have plans with my friends, let go of me!"

"We need to talk now." He lead Kyungsoo to his car which was parked in the front. Kyungsoo was pushed into his expensive looking car despite his objections. When he reached for the door lock, he wasn't able to unlock it. Worst case scenarios played in his head once again. Was he going to die? Was Jongin really going to risk going to prison or even the death penalty to prevent living a life with Kyungsoo? Was Jongin really a secret serial killer this entire time? He could never stop these thoughts once they started; he was an overthinker.

Jongin reached over to pull Kyungsoo's seatbelt over him, and Kyungsoo was almost tempted to bite him, reach over to unlock his door, and run. Almost. When they started driving, Kyungsoo was quickly texting Luhan and Baekhyun to tell them not to worry. Kyungsoo soon realized that they've been driving for a long time, and the scenery outside suddenly did not look familiar. "Where are we going?"

"To a cafe."

"So far out of town?"

Jongin gave no response to that. After a few more minutes in awkward silence, they finally arrived to the cafe. Jongin got out of his side, going around the car to get Kyungsoo's door. However, Kyungsoo opened the door strenuously before the other could reach him. Jongin also tried to open the cafe door for Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo grabbed the handle before he could. Jongin scoffed, rolling his eyes, "What do you want?"

"Anything but coffee." He said before turning around wordlessly and sitting at a table. Placing his elbow on the table, he rested his chin on his hand. Jongin returned later with their drinks. He sipped on his latte as he gave Kyungsoo his cup. "I hope hot chocolate is okay." He said quietly.

"Yeah thanks." Kyungsoo wrapped both of his hands around the cup before taking small sips. "I still hate you." Kyungsoo made sure to give Jongin his most spine chilling, piercing stare to seem more threatening, but he knew it probably wasn't as effective as he thought it was.

Jongin stared blankly at the other, sipping on his drink. "I hate you too. I am so so glad we're spending the rest of our lives together."

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about? Hurry up so we can leave. I'm uncomfortable."

Jongin sighed, "It's obvious we both hate each other. The thought of just being around you makes me puke--"

Kyungsoo quickly cut him off. "Just get to the ing point already. Being around you makes me want to rip my organs out through my ."

He laughed, "Look, whatever you have going on at your house is none of my business. I'm sorry for doing that thing at the bathroom or whatever." Kyungsoo tenses up and tears form when he's reminded of both of the incidents. He quickly brings his cup to his lips, drinking an immense amount of the liquid, ignoring the fact that it's burning his tongue, to get rid of those thoughts. "Graduation is coming up. We'll have to move in together within two weeks afterwards. We'll have to deal with each other somehow."

Kyungsoo nods, "So, I guess we have to," he paused, "make some rules."

"How 'bout this? We don't have to like each other or talk to each other. I won't expect you to do anything for me, and I won't do anything for you." Jongin paused, trying to think of anything else to say. "Oh, and I get to bring girls home whenever I want to. And you better not interfere."

"Yeah, okay. Here's some more things. Don't touch my property, clean up after yourself, and if I'm doing school work, you better not interrupt." Kyungsoo drank more of his beverage, his lips afterwards. "Don't harass me anymore. Don't do this sort of kidnapping thing again. Don't pour water on me. Don't bully me."

Jongin nodded, "I think that's achievable." He reached his hand out, "Deal." Kyungsoo shook his hand, "Deal."

Jongin quickly took his hand back, as if Kyungsoo had a disease. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and quickly gulped all of his hot chocolate down, throwing it in the trash can behind him. "Drive me to the arcade near school, please."

He finished his drink and stood up, not bothering to hold the door open for Kyungsoo on his way out.


Jongin dropped Kyungsoo off at the arcade Luhan, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were at. Kyungsoo silently exited the car and ran inside to find his friends. Jongin didn't leave until Kyungsoo was out of sight. Suddenly, Jongin saw Sehun exit the building. He questioned why Sehun would be there since he knew Sehun would never want to hang out somewhere like this place.

He honked the horn of his car and yelled out the window, "Hey loser!" 

Sehun looked at Jongin with wide eyes as he ran towards the car. "Oh, h-hey Jongin. How are you?" He stumbled with his words, trying not to seem suspicious. Yet, Jongin could see through his facade.

"Get in. What were you doing in there?"

Sehun cautiously got in the car, putting on his seatbelt. "Well you weren't here, and the rest of our friends were with their new soulmates. I, uh, wanted to see if there was anything fun to do. Uh, b-but you know there wasn't. That place is obviously for losers. You know, I just saw Kyungsoo walk inside!"

Jongin laughed as he started driving, "Sehun, tell me the truth. I know you were spending time with your match. What's his name? Luhan?"

"Yeah.... yeah."

There was a moment of silence. "Do you like him?"

Sehun's eyes widened. He knew Jongin never liked to talk about feelings or anything like this. "Yeah, I do, actually." Sehun bit his lip, pondering if he should tell Jongin the next thing on his mind. His voice was soft when he spoke, "I was too scared to tell you this, but I actually don't know my uality that well, I guess, but... But with Luhan I can see myself with him. If it's not a life as lovers, then we can at least be friends. Man, I'm so glad I told the judges I would be okay with either gender." Sehun continued to ramble on and on about how his life with Luhan could go, and he questioned why they drifted apart. "It'll be nice living with someone who will love me in some way. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah. I get that." Jongin mumbled. I wish I had that.


When Kyungsoo found his friends, he had to catch them up on the whole story of what went down. Chanyeol was at the arcade too, but he was staying as far from Baekhyun as possible. "Jongin is such an I swear." Chanyeol responded.

Luhan continued to cling onto Kyungsoo as he had been since Kyungsoo arrived. He's had a habit of running his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair, and kissing his cheek, and many more intimate acts whenever Kyungsoo was in distress. "Oh, honey. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Baekhyun chuckled, "Lu, stop treating him like a baby." Kyungsoo shook Luhan off of him and nodded in agreement. "Kyung is badass enough to take care of himself, right? I bet he ripped that a new one!"

"I wish I did. Lu, stop worrying it's really fine. I'm just a little pissed off."

After a while of talking and Luhan's cuddling, they started to actually have some fun. Kyungsoo watched Baekhyun and Luhan play games while Chanyeol went off to flirt with some girl, which Kyungsoo scowled at. Luhan was continually talking about how wonderful it was that Sehun is finally talking to him again.

Kyungsoo sighed. How would he spend a life with a person he absolutely can't stand?


A/N Wow I'm so sorry I haven't updated this story since august but school left me busy and I was just constantly stressed.

I'll try to update more frequently in the summer though! Please take the poll that was listed at the top of the chapter!

I'd like to thank everyone for subscribing, upvoting, and commenting! It means so much to mean!

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed ^^