Ch. 2

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Kyungsoo woke up and rubbed his eyes. Jongin was asleep in his bed and still snoring softly. Kyungsoo picked up his phone and frowned. ‘I thought that Hongbin was going to call me last night. He never did.’ Disappointed he got out of bed and stretched. He quietly exited their room and walked out to the kitchen. Pulling out some pots and pans he started breakfast and then went to the fridge. Pulling the schedule out from underneath the magnet he looked for his name.

Kyungsoo

8:00-11:00 Vocal practice

11:00-3:00 Individual dance practice

3:00-4:00 Stretching

4:00-8:00 Group dance practice

8:00-11:00 Chinese lessons

Looking at his schedule his face dropped. ‘Dangit. I have no time for Hongbin at all today.’ Sneaking back to his room he grabbed his phone and brought it out to the kitchen. Scrolling through his contacts he found Hongbin’s name and hit call. A drowsy voice picked up from the other end.

“Hello?”

“Annyeong Hongbin-ah, it’s Kyungsoo.”

“Is it really?” Hongbin asked.

Kyungsoo frowned, “Of course it is. Who else would it be?”

“Some weirdo picked up your phone last night and freaked out when I said that we were going to hangout.”

“Oh, I’m sorry that was probably Jongin, I fell asleep early last night. Speaking of hanging out, I can’t today. I’m literally booked all day.”

“No problem. I’m sure we’re pretty busy today as well, well not as busy as Exo, but still busy.”

Kyungsoo rubbed the back of his neck, “Don’t say that! You guys are growing quickly! I already have all of your albums and posters up in my room although Jongin won’t allow any on his side. But really! I saw your most recent performance on Mnet and it was great!”

Hongbin smiled on the other side of the line, “Thanks Kyungsoo. I really appreciate it. Maybe sometime we could train together. I’m dying to learn Growl, that dance is one of my favorites.”

“Maybe you should have Jongin teach you. He’s our lead dancer; I’m more of a singer.”

“But I only want you to teach me Kyungsoo-ah.” Hongbin said seductively.

Kyungsoo blushed bright red, “Y-Yah! Don’t say stuff like that.”

Hongbin laughed, “Sorry sorry, but really, we’ll hangout sometime. Just work hard until then alright?”

“Alright. Thanks for understanding.”

“No problem. Anything else?”

“Ah, no. Thanks. Sorry please go back to sleep.”

“You should too. You still sound tired.”

“No I can’t schedule starts in an hour, but thanks for the thought. Goodnight.” Kyungsoo said although he was a little jealous that his friend could sleep and he couldn’t.

“Goodnight Kyungsoo.” Hongbin said before hanging up the phone.

“Was that Hongbin again?” A voice said from the entrance to the bedrooms. Kyungsoo jumped and turned around. Jongin was leaning in against the wall with an unimpressed look on his face.

“J-Jongin!” Kyungsoo sputtered.

Jongin strutted over with leaned into Kyungsoo’s face. “Why are you blushing? What did Hongbin say to you?”

Kyungsoo touched his face and found it hot. Turning away he went back to the stove. “That’s none of your business. Why are you awake right now anyways?”

Jongin reached into the pan and took a bite. “I wanted to be with you.”

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes, “You mean you were hungry and wanted something to eat.”

“No. I just wanted to be with you.” Jongin said as he tapped Kyungsoo’s nose. “Food was just an added bonus.” He said as he stuck out his tongue.

“Whatever. Just go sit at the table and wait until everyone else is up.” Kyungsoo said as he stirred the food and added more ingredients.

Soon more members emerged from their rooms. Tao rubbed his eyes and stumbled over to Kyungsoo. Resting his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder he wrapped his arms around his waist and sighed.

“Tao. I’m trying to cook."

Tao pouted, “But you’re the perfect height for me.”

Jongin scowled from the table. “Yah Tao. Find your own headrest. Kyungsoo is mine.”

“Jongin. Don’t be so immature. It’s fine.” Kyungsoo said as he rolled his eyes and continued to stir their breakfast.

After a few seconds of Jongin’s eyes staring holes into Tao’s back he gave up and scuttled off to the couch. Jongin immediately jumped up and took his place. “Jongin. Get off of me would you?”

“But Tao can do it, why can’t I?” Jongin pouted and hugged Kyungsoo even tighter.

Kyungsoo was about to yell at Jongin when Suho and the rest of the members finally made it out of their bedrooms and sat around the table. “Jongin. Get off of Kyungsoo and come sit down so we can discuss the day’s schedule.” Reluctantly, Jongin listened and sat down. Kyungsoo served everyone and took his place as well.

As Suho read off who was doing what, Kyungsoo realized that he wasn’t the only one working all day. Every member had a full schedule and no time for rest.

“So the van will be here soon. Those who need to shower go do that now and the rest should pack their bags and get ready for the day. Does everyone understand?”

Everyone nodded their heads and went to their rooms. Kyungsoo got up and started washing the pans and dishes from breakfast. Internally groaning, he realized that he would barely have enough time to get all of his things ready for the van. Cleaning up after 12 people was lots of work. Jongin was about to go to their room to get his things when he saw Kyungsoo lost among a sea of dishes. Walking over, he picked up a rag and began to dry the dishes that Kyungsoo had washed.

“Oh Jongin. You don’t need to do that. Go get ready with everyone else I can clean up.”

“It’s fine. I don’t mind.”

Glancing over at Jongin he saw a relaxed but focused expression on his face which he found sort of cute. ‘Wait… cute?!’ Kyungsoo shook his head and scrubbed harder. He didn’t like Jongin like that. In fact he found him annoying and abrasive if anything. The dishes were done in mere minutes with Jongin’s help and soon they were in their room packing their bags.

“Are you bringing any extra clothes?” Jongin asked as he shoved some deodorant in his bag.

“Yeah. Even though I know we won’t have free time, I like to hope that I can go do something.” Kyungsoo said as he looked through his drawers for his favorite long-sleeved shirt.

Jongin sat on his bed with his bag packed and watched Kyungsoo. “You mean you hope that you have time to go hangout with your friends from Vixx right.”

“Are you still hung up on that? What’s wrong with me having friends outside of Exo. Everyone else does. You do too! What about Taemin?” Kyungsoo grabbed his bag and started out the door with Jongin following behind.

“That’s different. We’re like brothers. We even look alike. Besides, Shinee is having a comeback soon and has to train even harder than we do.”

They tossed their bags in the back of the van and loaded in. Kyungsoo took out his phone and headphones and set them on his lap. “Look, Jongin. I don’t know what your problem is but please just keep it to yourself. I just want to have fun with some friends. It’s no big deal. Now I’m going to listen to music until we get there.”

Jongin opened his mouth to say something, but Kyungsoo had already put in his headphones and closed his eyes. Crossing his arms he pouted as he looked out the window.

‘But I don’t like to share.’ He thought to himself. 

 

Please comment, upvote, and subscribe for more updates :D

Thanks for reading