Ch. 5

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Kyungsoo walked into the living room to find Leo, N, and Ravi still playing video games.

“Um I’m going to go back now guys. Thanks for playing with me tonight.”

Ravi jumped up, “Ah! Why is Kyungsoo leaving so early? The night is young!”

“We have schedules tomorrow. I need to get some sleep. Sorry. I promise we can hangout soon another time.”

Kyungsoo gave them all a hug and Leo’s hair before zipping his jacket and heading out the door.

His breath was visible in the dark night as he walked under the street lights. Looking up, he could see a few stars. Thinking about what he was going to have to deal with when he got home, he felt sad.

Vixx’s manager had been kind and playful compared to Exo’s who was all work and no play. Kyungsoo understood that they were in high demand and that work was important, but what about being human. He wasn’t a robot.

Reaching the dorm, he took a deep breath before going inside. When he entered the apartment it was dark. Only the kitchen light was on. Taking off his coat, he hung it on the rack and was about to go to his room when a figure on the couch moved and startled him.

“Ah! Oh Jongin you scared me. What are you doing just sitting in the dark?”

Jongin crossed his arms and continued to stare at Kyungsoo.

“I was waiting for you to get back. I’m still mad that you left me here at the dorm.”

Kyungsoo frowned, “Left you here? You weren’t bored. Don’t act like you didn’t find ways to entertain yourself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jongin asked as he stood up.

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that Jongin was acting all innocent. “I called you to make sure you were alright and a girl answered. I really hope that they weren’t in our room on my bed. I know you like girls, but really please control yourself Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo let me explain…”

“No. It’s fine. Do whatever you want just leave me out of it.” Kyungsoo said before turning and going to their bedroom where he jumped into bed and covered himself with the covers. He heard Jongin enter after a few minutes, but he pretended like he was asleep.

“I’m sorry Hyung.”

He heard Jongin whisper before going to sleep.

Morning came and Kyungsoo woke up from a restless sleep. Slipping out of bed he went to the kitchen and began to cook. He was frustrated and tired. Taking one glance at his schedule he knew that it was going to be a long day.

Soon everyone emerged from their bedrooms.

“Wah! Why is there so much food today? We’re going to get fat!” Chanyeol exclaimed when he saw the table littered with food.

“Sorry. I was just in the mood to cook. Enjoy.”

Looking around the table, Kyungsoo saw that Jongin was missing. Still mad, he kept his mouth shut.

Kyungsoo dodged Jongin for the rest of the morning and ignored him when they were in the same room. During dance practice he could feel Jongin staring holes into him, but fought the urge to return the stare.

Finally it was break time and Kyungsoo collapsed onto the floor. Between dancing and ignoring Jongin he was exhausted.

Suho came over and sat next to Kyungsoo.

“You were out pretty late last night. Remember that you shouldn’t be out too long.”

“Sorry. I just lost track of time it won’t happen again. How loud was the dorm? I heard that you had some… guests… over.”

“Oh. It was fine. Jongin’s cousins are pretty down to earth. A little weird, but nothing we couldn’t handle.”

“Wait cousins?”

“Yeah. His cousins stopped over last night for a visit since they were in town. Didn’t he tell you that they were coming over? He was really looking forward to ditching them to hangout with you, but then you left and he was forced to spend the evening with them. It was actually pretty funny watching his face throughout the night. Especially when they took his phone and wouldn’t give it back until he danced every dance for them.”

“I see.”

Kyungsoo felt really guilty for pinning Jongin as a playboy. Glancing over he noticed the dejected look in Jongin’s face and face palmed.

Suho stood up and called attention to the group.

“Hey guys. Just so you know it’s going to rain pretty hard tonight. Remember if you go out to bring an umbrella and warm clothes. Anyone who gets sick can’t rest. We need to continue to work because our comeback is in a few weeks. Just so you are all aware.”

Kyungsoo barely heard Suho’s announcement as his phone rang and he excused himself to the hallway.

“Hello?”

“Kyungsoo! It’s Hyuk! Come over tonight. We’re ordering pizza and it’s going to be good. Can you? Even if it’s just for a little bit that’s ok.”

“Sure. I can squeeze you guys in for a bit tonight.”

“Great! It should be here around 8 or 9 since we’re getting back later tonight.”

“Ok. See you then.”

Kyungsoo hung up the phone and walked back into the practice room just to be ushered out to vocal practice.

During the entire practice he couldn’t focus. His mind kept running to Jongin. Finally it was over and they were in the van. Kyungsoo had his headphones in and he was pretending to ignore Jongin when in reality he was clenching his fists and stealing glances every 2 seconds.

The got back to the dorm around 7:45 and Kyungsoo immediately changed into a t-shirt and jeans before tossing a hoodie over top despite the temperature.

Running out the door he slipped out after telling Suho where he would be.

He ran the entire way to Vixx’s dorm. The cold air cleared his head and he felt better when he reached his destination.

“Hyung you’re here!” Hyuk shouted when he answered the door.

“Ah yeah. Sorry if I’m a little early. I just couldn’t wait.”

Kyungsoo stepped inside and rubbed his hands together.

“Is that all you wore? It’s supposed to rain and be quite cold tonight.” Hyuk said as he eyed Kyungsoo up and down.

“Don’t worry. I can’t stay for too long. I’ll leave before it rains.”

Going inside he saw Vixx already sitting around the table even though their pizza hadn’t arrived.

“Dangit. I thought that it was the pizza.” Ken said with a pout.

“I guess Kyungsoo isn’t a bad alternative.” Hongbin said with a smile as he got up and pulled out a chair for Kyungsoo.

“Thanks.”

They sat around the table talking about practice and comebacks when the pizza arrived. Kyungsoo stared with wide eyes as they all inhaled the food. He nibbled on his first piece as N downed his third.

“Is something wrong?” Ravi asked with cheese hanging from his mouth. “Is the pizza bad?”

“No. It’s good. I’m just full already that’s all.”

Ravi accepted the answer even though they all knew that something was wrong with their friend.

Back at Exo’s dorm Jongin walked out of his room expecting to find Kyungsoo in the living room. Realizing that he wasn’t there he went to Suho.

“Where’s Kyungsoo?”

“He went to Vixx’s for a while. Don’t worry he said he wouldn’t be long.”

Jongin noticed Kyungsoo’s coat and umbrella untouched in their places. “He does know it’s going to rain right?”

“I’m sure he heard my speech this morning.”

Glancing once more at the objectes Jongin grabbed them and ran out the door.

“Jongin!” Suho shouted as the door closed.

As Jongin ran through the streets he heard thunder rumble over him. As he reached their dorm fat drops of water were already falling from the sky. Clutching Kyungsoo’s items he tried to catch his breath as he approached the door.

Suddenly it opened and Hongbin and Kyungsoo appeared. Jongin ducked and hid behind a wall.

“Ah it’s raining. I didn’t bring my jacket or umbrella.” Kyungsoo observed.

Hongbin grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and kissed it, “Don’t worry. I’ll keep you warm.”

Jongin felt his heart throb and he turned away. He heard more muffled talking before the door closed.

Looking again he saw that no one was outside and that Kyungsoo had gone back inside with Hongbin. Gently, he set the items outside of the door.

Stuffing his frozen hands into his pockets he walked out into the freezing rain.

Kyungsoo opened the door again with Hongbin.

“Oh my coat and umbrella. Huh I wonder how they got here.”

Kyungsoo handed Hongbin back his coat and umbrella. “Thanks, but I guess I don’t need them after all.”

“Alright. Be careful on your way.” Hongbin said.

Kyungsoo got back to the dorm dry and warm. Setting his stuff out to dry he opened the door to the dorm to find the members in the living room watching a movie. Looking through the faces he realized that Jongin wasn’t there.

“Kyungsoo. Come sit by me.” Tao whispered as he motioned for Kyungsoo to go sit by him.

“Where’s Jongin?” Kyungsoo whispered as he sat down.

Tao shrugged, “He ran off one second and came back drenched the next. He even knew what Suho said about no breaks. I don’t know what was going through his head, but it was stupid. I think he’s sleeping in his room right now.”

The movie ended and they dispersed to their rooms. Walking in quietly, Kyungsoo saw a lump on the bed which he guessed to be Jongin’s. Sliding into his own bed he allowed himself to fall asleep.

The next morning came and Kyungsoo made a simple breakfast before going back to his room to pack for the day. A soft cough from Jongin’s bed caught his attention as he was folding the last of his things.

Getting up, he gently shook Jongin, “Jongin. Wake up. We’re leaving soon.”

Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin looked paler than normal and his eyes looked heavy.

Jongin opened his eyes and got out of bed. Kyungsoo shrugged and took his bag out to the living room where he met everyone else.

They all loaded into the van and headed to the practice studio like usual. As they went through the dances Kyungsoo noticed Jongin making more mistakes than usual.

The day ended and they piled back into the van. Kyungsoo sat in the back this time where he could watch Suho interact with Jongin.

“You feel warm. Aish! What did I tell you about going out in the rain?! When we get back to the dorm take some medicine and go to sleep. You can’t let this get any worse.”

Jongin just nodded his head.

Kyungsoo spent the entire evening with Jongin on his mind.

“Kyungsoo.” Suho said, “Sleep on the couch tonight. I don’t want you getting sick as well. Kai really is an idiot running off in the rain and not using his jacket.”

“What do you mean?”

“Last night Jongin took off carrying his coat and umbrella, but came back soaked. What kind of idiot does that?”

Kyungsoo finally connected the dots and he felt awful. Dragging his feet, he got his pillow and blanket and made his way out to the couch. Staring at the clock he noticed it read 10:30. He continued to stare at it until it read 11:45.

Suddenly a shadow appeared from the hallway. Kyungsoo sat up and a lamp.

“Jongin?”

A teary-eyed Jongin stumbled his way over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo caught him before he fell sat with him on the floor.

“H-Hyung. I’m s-sorry. I p-promise n-not to see any girls every again i-if you won’t be mad at me. Those girls, t-they were m-my cousins.”

Kyungsoo gently pulled Jongin’s head into his chest. “Shh. I know Jongin. I know. I’m sorry that I got so mad. I should have listened to you. Don’t cry.”

Kyungsoo knew that Jongin got emotional when he was sick. They sat on the floor for a few minutes before Jongin finally stopped crying.

Gently lifting his head, Kyungsoo felt Jongin’s forehead.

“You’re pretty warm. Let’s get you back to bed.”

Kyungsoo stood up and was about to help Jongin up when Jongin’s clammy hand clutched his wrist.

“No. I don’t want to be alone in our room. Suho said you couldn’t be in there because you could get sick.”

“But Jongin. You need to rest to get better.”

Jongin didn’t budge. Kyungsoo blew his bangs. Then an idea struck him.

“Wait here.”

Going to the closet he grabbed an armful of blankets and pillows. Going back out to the living room he found the biggest open area and began to lay the blankets down. Finally he set the pillows up and admired his work. Reaching out he took Jongin’s hand and helped him down onto the makeshift bed.

Getting up again he went to the bathroom and grabbed the fever medicine and thermometer. Finally he stopped into the kitchen to grab a bucket of water and a washcloth before going back to Jongin.

“38.5” Kyungsoo read. He fed Jongin the medicine before allowing him to lie back down.

Jongin’s eyes were closing as Kyungsoo set the cool rag on his forehead.

“Thank you hyung.” He whispered.

Kyungsoo smiled and waited until Jongin was asleep before crawling in next to him and falling asleep.

As soon as Kyungsoo awoke he felt Jongin’s forehead. Frowning he realized that it was still hot. Taking his temperature again he sighed.

38.7 It read.

Suho came out into the living room and saw their bed and shook his head.

“Kyungsoo what did I tell you.”

“I didn’t break the rules.” Kyungsoo said firmly.

“How is he?” Suho asked as he nodded to Jongin who was still asleep.

“His fever is still high. He should stay here and rest.”

“No! Kyungsoo! You know he can’t do that. We had this discussion if you had been listening. No one is allowed a break even if they are sick. Now you can help him get up and into the van before 7:00 or else he can do it on his own. Either way he has to be there. I’m sorry. I would let him stay if it was my choice, but it’s not.”

Kyungsoo knew that Suho was right and waited until the very last moment to wake Jongin up.

Shaking him gently he tried to ease him out of sleep.

“Jongin… Jongin… wake up. We have to go to practice.”

“mmm… Hyung? What time is it?” Jongin asked as he struggled to sit up.

“6:55 we have to load the van in 5 minutes. Sorry, I tried to let you rest as long as possible, but Suho said you couldn’t stay home.” Kyungsoo said as he help Jongin sit up. Going over he threw a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and a pair of pants into his bag for Jongin.

Jongin sat with his head in his hands for a few seconds before getting up.

“Let me help you.” Kyungsoo said as he draped Jongin’s arm over his shoulder and wrapped his arm around his waist.

They made their way out to the van where everyone was waiting. Helping Jongin into his seat Kyungsoo took his place as the van departed. Looking over, he frowned when he saw Jongin pale and breathing harshly. Kyungsoo then reached over and gently pulled Jongin’s head onto his shoulder.

“Try to sleep for a bit. I’ll wake you when we get to the studio.”

Jongin just nodded with his eyes already closed.

The van reached the studio and Kyungsoo bit his lip. Glancing down at Jongin’s sleeping face he noticed furrowed brows on a sweaty forehead.

“Kyungsoo you need to wake him up.” Luhan said softly as he got out of the van.

Chanyeol set a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “I can try to carry him in if you’d like but you know that he’s going to need to practice no matter what.”

Kyungsoo just nodded and allowed Chanyeol to pick Jongin up. The studio room was chilly and Kyungsoo pulled the sweater he brought to Jongin out of the bag and attempted to put it on.

“I can do it myself Hyung. I’m fine.” Jongin said softly as he took the sweatshirt from Kyungsoo and slipped it over his head.

Kyungsoo was about to protest, but the instructor entered the room and they were forced into position. The entire practice was brutal. Kyungsoo was constantly watching Jongin waiting for him to trip or fall but he didn’t. Somehow Jongin managed to make it through the first part of practice without any mistakes. They were dismissed for their lunch break and Kyungsoo was immediately at Jongin’s side.

“Are you ok? How’s your fever? Do you need to lie down?”

Jongin just smiled, “I’m fine Hyung. Just tired if anything. Thank you for worrying about me though.”

Kyungsoo frowned, he knew that Jongin didn’t feel well yet he wasn’t showing any signs of his illness. They were about halfway through their lunch when Kyungsoo’s phone vibrated.

Jongin eyed it nervously as Kyungsoo picked it up and answered.

“Hello?”

“Kyungsoo!” Ken’s voice chirped from the other end.

“Ah Hyung. What’s up?”

“We’re here to see you! Manager gave us a longer break today because we were doing so well so we decided to come visit you. Besides, Hongbin hasn’t shut up about you since the other night.”

Kyungsoo glanced over at Jongin who was watching him intently. “Oh well I’m actually still in the practice room. Jongin isn’t feeling well so I’m staying with him.”

“I see. Can we come in? We won’t cause any trouble we just want to see you for a bit.”

“I guess that would be fine. Sure come through the back. We’re in room number 24B.”

“See you then!”

“Bye.”

Kyungsoo sat down by Jongin and started eating his food again, Jongin however did not.

“Was that Vixx again?”

“Yeah. They’re coming in to visit for a bit.”

“Here?!”

“Jongin lower your voice. Yes here. Just for a little bit though.”

“Why do they need to come here? They’re invading everyone’s privacy.”

“You’re the only one who has a problem with them and I don’t even know why.”

“It’s not all of them. Just Hongbin. Something about that guy pisses me off.” Jongin said with a scowl.

“Sigh, Jongin don’t say piss. But Hongbin is a really good guy. He’s also older than you and you should be more respectful.”

The door opened and Vixx spilled through.

“Annyeong everyone!” They said with a bow.

“Ah I didn’t know that you guys were coming over.” Suho said as he stood up and returned the bow.

“Sorry. We just wanted to see Kyungsoo for a little bit. We’re big fans of you guys anyways. Ravi wanted to talk to Chanyeol about rapping and N has become a really big fan of Xiumin.” Hongbin explained as he gestured to the two blushing fan boys.

Suho laughed, “I see. Well that should be no problem. We have a while for our break. Go ahead and socialize. We could all use some fun.”

The members dispersed and began to socialize with each other. Hongbin however went straight for Kyungsoo and Jongin who were still sitting on the floor.

“Hongbin!” Kyungsoo said as he stood up and gave him a hug. Jongin just glared from the floor.

Hongbin sat down next to Kyungsoo, “Ah Jongin. Kyungsoo mentioned that you weren’t feeling well. How are you doing?”

“Kai.”

“Huh?”

“Kai. Please call me Kai. Jongin is over familiar.”

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo said with a glare.

“Sorry. Kai.”

“Thank you and I’m feeling fine.”

The three sat with tension in the air for a few seconds before Kyungsoo stood up. “Well I’m a little thirsty. I’m going to go get something to drink. Be right back.”

Jongin and Hongbin were left in tense silence. Finally Hongbin spoke.

“So Kai. I get the feeling that you don’t like me.”

“Why would you think that?” Jongin answered sarcastically.

“No reason just that you’re always a jerk to me. No only me, but Kyungsoo for that matter.”

“What?! I would never mistreat Kyungsoo! How dare you even say that?!”

“Whenever I’m with him he always seems sad about you or when we’re all together all you do is glare. If you’re not careful your face will freeze like that.” Hongbin said with a smirk.

Jongin’s blood was beginning to boil, “Listen to me. Kyungsoo is mine. He was mine before he met you and he will be mine even if you become the best of friends.”

“Ah is that so. Well just so you know. We already are the best of friends. When we were sitting on my bed the other night he told me that he cared about me as more than a friend.”

Jongin’s face paled, “T-that… h-he meant something else! Kyungsoo doesn’t like you.”

Hongbin could see he was getting under Jongin’s skin. “Are you sure? Why is it that he always chooses to come see me instead of hanging out with you? Why is it that we’re constantly texting and talking? I’m sure I talk to him more than you do and you live with him. What does that tell you?”

“I… I don’t know.” Jongin said as he sat defeated.

Kyungsoo returned with 3 bottles of water in hand, “Here. I figured you guys would be thirsty. What have you been talking about?”

As soon as Kyungsoo sat down Jongin got up. “I’m going to clear my head.” He mumbled.

“Huh? I wonder what got into him.”

Hongbin smiled, “I don’t know.” He said as he turned his attention to Kyungsoo. 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_mp0ctpH8q71qadcc6o1_500.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDZQoat19cj6N9FAe0Azm

some XiumiN ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Perhaps he is talking about Hongbin??

 

Yay this seems like a longer chapter so here ya go! <(^o^)>

Please comment, upvote, and subscribe it really means a lot!

Thank you so much guys! 

I love you all <3

XOXO