Ch. 3

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to Jongin shaking his shoulder and telling him to wake up. Yawning, he took out his headphones and looked down at his phone. He had been listening to Vixx’s Hyde and he was really enjoying it. He was always impressed by how well the group could pull off the gothic feel that had seemed to be present in their newer music. Getting out, he walked into the studio for practice.

Immediately they were ushered into a practice room. Setting his bags and jacket down, Kyungsoo took his place in their formation to run through wolf. As they were going through it, Kyungsoo felt his foot catch and he toppled into Jongin sending them to the floor along with a few other members. The music stopped and Kyungsoo winced as his ankle throbbed. Jongin pulled himself off the ground and glared at Kyungsoo.

Looking at the ground Kyungsoo apologized, “Sorry about that.”

The instructor walked over and helped Kyungsoo up. “Ok, that won’t happen again, right Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo nodded and took his place again. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Jongin giving him one last look before turning back to the front.

The second time through was flawless, but Kyungsoo just counted himself lucky for not making any mistakes. They next went through Growl and soon Overdose. Kyungsoo didn’t really like Overdose because of the odd dance that he felt was weird.

After they covered those, they did individual practice. Kyungsoo, Chen, and Baekhyun were taken to the singing rooms for some vocal practice.

Kyungsoo liked doing individual vocal practice. He could hear himself and could do what he loved.

Soon it was lunch time and Kyungsoo rushed out of the room to get his phone. Turning it on, he saw a few texts that had come during practice.

Leo: Kyungsoo. Hyung is lonely and wants something to eat. Please come cook for me.

Hongbin: Kyungsoo! I saw Leo texting you. Don’t respond! Only cook for me!

Ravi: When is break for you? We get a break at 12. Let’s meet for lunch. We aren’t too far away from each other right?

Hyuk: Kyungsoo-Hyung! The others want you to come eat lunch with us. We will pick you up. What studio are you at?

Kyungsoo giggled a little when he read the messages because he could imagine them all saying them to him in their voices.

Hitting call he called Ravi.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Hi Ravi. I’m on break right now. Where are you guys?”

“We’re on the way to the studio on the north side of town. That’s where you are right?”

“Yeah. Are you guys here yet?”

“Almost we can see the building. Don’t forget to grab a jacket, it’s a little chilly.”

“Alright. I’ll wait for you outside. Be careful of fans.”

“Right! See you in a second.”

Kyungsoo ended the call and stuffed his phone into his pocket. Then he put on his jacket and hat and started out the door.

Right as he opened the door he found Jongin and a few other members standing in front of him.

“Oh Kyungsoo! We were going to go out for lunch. Did you want to join us?” Suho asked.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “That’s alright. I’m going to go out with some friends.”

“Alright. Don’t be late though.”

“I won’t be. Bye.”

Kyungsoo brushed past Jongin who didn’t say a word to him. ‘He must still be mad about me falling into him earlier.’ Kyungsoo thought to himself as he glanced back. Turning back his stomach twisted when he found Jongin already staring at him with a cold expression on his face.

Opening the door he found rosy cheeked Vixx standing outside waiting for him.

“Kyungsoo!” They shouted as they welcomed him with open arms.

“Hi guys.” Kyungsoo smiled a little. He always felt welcome with them and never afraid or sad. “Where were we going to go for lunch? I could use something hot. It’s cold today.”

Leo walked up with no expression on his face and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

“Hi Leo.” Kyungsoo said and patted his arm. “Where do you want to go for dinner?”

Leo just shrugged his shoulder and held Kyungsoo tighter.

Hongbin fumed in the corner for a few seconds before walking over, “Yah! Take your hands off of Kyungsoo. You have to share Leo.”

Leo turned and stared daggers into Hongbin. Immediately Hongbin paled, “A-Alright. You can hold him for now, but I call dibs later!” He said before shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Let’s go to the ramen place down the street. It’s close and the food is cheap.” Ken said as he pointed down the road to a ramen sign settled among others.

They all agreed and headed in the direction. “So Kyungsoo, how is practice? Oh! Did you tell Chanyeol and Kris that I wanted to rap with them sometime?” Ravi asked.

“Ah sorry. I forgot. I guess its going fine. What about you guys?”

Hyuk frowned when he saw a down expression on Kyungsoo’s face. “Is something wrong Hyung? You don’t seem like yourself?”

Kyungsoo considered telling his friends about his mishap in the practice rooms, but felt embarrassed for such a rookie mistake.

“Come on Kyungsoo. You can tell us anything. We’re all friends here.” Hyuk said before giving Kyungsoo a warm smile.

“Well…” Kyungsoo started, “During practice today… I accidently tripped and fell into Jongin. He wasn’t happy about it and I think that he’s still mad at me about it.”

N walked over to Kyungsoo and ruffled his head, “Ah that’s it? Don’t worry about it. That’s nothing compared to what the big oaf did today.” He said pointing his thumb at Leo who was still attached to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo cocked his head with curiosity.

“Today when we were practicing our new song Voodoo Doll he stabbed himself in the ribs.”

Leo looked away with a scowl on his face. Kyungsoo laughed and patted him on the head. “Don’t worry Hyung. It’s not a big deal.”

“Oh oh! What about when Ken stabbed N in the stomach!” Hyuk said jumping up and down.

N glared at Ken, “Oh yeah. I forgot about that. That hurt!” Ken rubbed his head and looked away, “Oh yeah. Sorry about that Hyung. You know it was an accident right?”

Looking over at Kyungsoo he winked and whispered loud enough for N to hear, “It wasn’t an accident.”

“Why you!” N said before lunging at Ken and putting him in a headlock.

Kyungsoo laughed as he watched the members bicker among themselves, but it was different than what he saw in Exo. Usually when they fought it was serious and not playful. If someone made a mistake like that they had to formally apologize before they were allowed back in the group.

Leo nudged Kyungsoo with his face, “Kyungsoo-ah. You’re making a sad face again. Is everything ok?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah. Just thinking. Hey I think we’re here.”

N released Ken and looked up at the sign, “Ken is this it?”

“Yup! Go find a seat.”

They all ducked under the curtains and found a nice table in the back.

“Do you know what to get?” Ken asked Kyungsoo. “If you aren’t sure I recommend the duck with vegetables.”

Kyungsoo put down his menu, “Ok I’ll get that.”

The waiter came around and took their orders and soon their food was ready. The table was silent except for the slurps and sounds of people eating.

They were all done in less than 10 minutes and sat rubbing their bellies. “Ahhh I’m so full.” Ken said as he leaned over onto N’s shoulder.

“Yah! I’m still mad at you.” N said as he started to push Ken’s head off of him.

Ken looked up at N with sad eyes, “I’m sorry Hyung. Please forgive me.”

N stared back for a second before his eyes began to quiver, “Aish! Fine. I forgive you.” He said and put Ken’s head back onto his shoulder.

Kyungsoo watched and wondered if apologizing to Kai would be that easy; nope probably not.

Ravi pulled out his wallet and was putting down money when he saw Kyungsoo taking out his wallet. “No, this is on me.” He said and put his hand on Kyungsoo’s hand.

“But..” Kyungsoo was about to protest.

“Really. It’s fine. We all take turns, but it really doesn’t matter because we’re family.” The other members nodded at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo knew he should feel happy with the warm atmosphere, but he felt sad for some reason. Maybe it was because during their dinner times everyone paid separately or if someone did pay for the entire meal, immediately everyone paid their share. He knew that everyone was under stress, but they never had this kind of fun. The kind where you just acted you didn’t worry about doing or saying something wrong.

“Kyungsoo, you’re making that face again.” Leo said quietly.

The other members looked at Kyungsoo with sad looks on their faces.

“Kyungsoo. You know if there’s something bugging you, it’s bad to hold it in. My mom said that all of the emotions that you hold in come out as farts.” Hyuk said with a serious look on his face. The other members turned and gave him weird looks. “What?! It’s true!”

Ravi shook his head and turned back to Kyungsoo, “Anyways, what Hyuk is trying to say is talk to us. Even if we don’t understand, we’ll listen.”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Thanks. Ah what time is it? I can’t be late getting back or I’ll be in trouble.”

Looking at his phone it read 12:45. “I should get back. Thank you for lunch.”

“We’ll walk you back.” Hongbin said.

Kyungsoo waved his hands in front of him, “Oh no, its fine I can go back on my own.”

“But what if something happens to my little Kyungsoo?” Hyuk said as he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Um, I’m actually older than you…” Kyungsoo muttered.

Ravi stood up, “Alright is settled. We will walk Kyungsoo back to his studio. Let’s go!”

Kyungsoo smiled. Deep down he really wanted them to walk with him. He had enough lonely walks to last a lifetime.

They casually chatted as they walked down the road.

Suddenly out of nowhere a motorcycle came flying down the sidewalk. Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he saw it headed straight for him. He braced for impact, but nothing happened. Cracking an eye he saw Leo standing protectively over him glaring at the biker.

“What a jerk!” N said, “Kyungsoo are you ok?”

Kyungsoo was still stunned. If that had happened with Exo he would have been on the ground for sure. Everyone would be too worried about pulling a muscle or getting hurt so they couldn’t perform, but Vixx seemed genuinely worried about him.

N waved his hand in front of Kyungsoo’s face, “Kyungsoo-ah?”

“Ah sorry. I’m fine. Thank you Leo.” Kyungsoo said and smiled at Leo to reassure him that he was alright.

The rest of the way back to the studio went smoothly and soon Kyungsoo was saying goodbye to his friends.

Going back into the studio he felt the air go cold. Entering the practice room he found most of Exo was already there. Setting down his stuff he went and sat in a corner. He received no warm welcome or any sort of greeting. ‘I bet Hongbin and the other’s would have said hi to me.’ Kyungsoo thought as he buried his head in his knees.

The door opened and Kyungsoo looked up to see Jongin, Yixing, and Suho walking in. Jongin looked over at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo ducked his head down.

The trainer soon came in and practice resumed. Although it was brutal, it went smoothly and everyone seemed to be in a good mood when they were let out early.

The first thing that Kyungsoo did was go over to his phone and text Ravi.

Kyungsoo: Hey! We got done with practice early. Are you guys free tonight?

He waited for a few minutes, but no response came.

“Kyungsoo. We’re loading into the van to go back to the dorms.” Suho said when he found Kyungsoo crouched in the practice room.

Taking one last look at his phone, he walked out to the van. He felt a knot tie in his stomach when the only spot open was one next to Jongin. Slowly he took his seat and made sure to give Jongin plenty of room. Immediately he put in his headphones and turned it to Hyde. He liked hearing the comforting voices of his friends. Closing his eyes he tried to take a nap.

Feeling his phone vibrate, Kyungsoo’s eyes shot open and he clicked the screen.

Ravi: Ah! That’s great! Good job Kyungsoo! We should be done in an hour. Should we meet you somewhere? You could come to our dorm for video games. We can pick you up.

Kyungsoo: No need. I can walk there on my own.

Ravi: Nonsense. It’s dangerous for you to walk on your own. We will meet you there at 7:00

Kyungsoo: Ok. See you then

Little did Kyungsoo know, Jongin was reading the message over his shoulder.

‘Tsk. Hanging out with Vixx again. If he loves them so much why doesn’t he just join them instead of being in Exo with us?’ Jongin thought to himself. He was sick of hearing about how great Vixx was every two seconds. Kyungsoo rarely ever praised Exo or him for that matter. Glancing over at Kyungsoo who was trying to take another nap he felt sad.

When Kyungsoo had bumped into him during practice Jongin noticed that his ankle seemed like it was hurt, but Kyungsoo didn’t do anything about it. All he did was stare at Jongin like a deer in headlights. ‘Why can’t he worry about himself for once? It’s annoying when people can’t take care of themselves.’ Looking out the window he wondered when Kyungsoo had started drifting apart from their group so much. He spent most of spare time with Vixx or message Vixx or skyping Vixx or… Jongin was making himself mad. Shaking his head he decided that he would do anything he could to make sure Kyungsoo stayed home with him.

The van pulled up to their dorms and members started getting out. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and took out his headphones before getting out of the van. They walked up the stairs and into the dorm. The members spread out some going to the couch and others to the kitchen. Jongin followed Kyungsoo to their bedroom and shut the door. Kyungsoo turned around and eyed Jongin before flopping onto his bed and scrolling through his phone.

Jongin cleared his throat before heading to his own and sitting down to face Kyungsoo.

“Hyung… I’m sorry about today. I don’t like it when we don’t talk to each other. Can we please go back to the way we were?”

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin for a second then thought about what he had said before answering, “What? I'm the one who should be sorry. But sure. I don’t see why not.”

Jongin smiled and got into Kyungsoo’s bed. “Great! Let’s play video games together tonight then. I’m sure I can beat you at all of them.”

“Sorry Jongin, but I’m going over to Vixx’s to hangout tonight.”

Jongin’s smile fell, “Oh. But you hung out with them today during lunch didn’t you? Can’t you stay here tonight?”

“But I told them I would be there."

‘Crap.’ Jongin thought to himself.

“Ah but Hyung, my stomach hurts. I don’t feel good. Can you stay here and take care of me?”

“Really?” Kyungsoo reached over and put his hand on Jongin’s forehead. “Hm, you don’t feel warm, but you should take some medicine and I can see if someone can check up on you.”

“No. I want Kyungsoo to take care of me. Only you.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “But I can’t. I’m leaving Jongin.”

Jongin was getting fed up, gripping Kyungsoo by the elbow he looked him in the eyes, “I’m getting jealous of how much time you’re spending with them. All I’m asking for is one night and you can’t even give me that?”

“I can give you a night, just not this one.”

Kyungsoo broke free from Jongin’s hold and started changing.

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo stripped off his shirt and his pale body was shown. It was beautiful to Jongin. Every detail. He could see the outline of his abs and his shoulder blades poked through his back. Even though he was skinny, he was toned. He frowned when Kyungsoo slipped a tshirt over him and then a hoodie. Kyungsoo’s phone vibrated on his bed and Kyungsoo put it in his pocket before heading out the door.

“Kyungsoo, if you leave I’m going to be mad at you.” Jongin said at he watched Kyungsoo put on his shoes.

“Well I guess you’re going to be mad at me.”

“If you leave I’m not going to talk to you.”

“Well I guess our bedroom will be very quiet.”

Jongin stomped his foot. “Kyungsoo!!”

Kyungsoo turned around and glared at Jongin, “That’s enough Jongin. No matter how mad you are or how upset you are that isn’t going to change the fact that I’m going. Now seriously stop acting like a child. Good bye. I’ll be back later tonight. Stay out of trouble will you?”

Kyungsoo turned and shut the door ignoring Jongin’s sad stare. 

 

 

Ok another chapter. Please let me know what you think about it so I can improve the next one. Oh and I DID NOT EDIT THIS YET. So I apologize for any mistakes. I will go through later when I have time. 

Don't forget to comment, upvote, and subcribe! Each one makes my day a little bit better :D

XOXO