Ch. 6

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Jongin leaned against the cold walls outside of the practice room. Hongbin’s words rang in his ears and caused his head to pound.

“He’s wrong,” he whispered to himself and he brought his knees into his chest, “Kyungsoo likes me most.”

Resting his head on the top of his knees, he found himself dozing off. The buzzing of his cell phone in his pocket snapped him awake and he rubbed his eyes. They were slightly puffy from unshed tears, but he knew Kyungsoo wouldn’t notice since he was too busy with his other friends. Pushing himself up, he slowly went back to the room dreading the sight of Kyungsoo with Hongbin.

Hesitantly pushing the door open he scanned the room and found it clear of anyone other than Exo. Satisfied, he stepped inside and shed his clothes until he was only in a tshirt and sweatpants.

“Don’t you think you should keep those on a little longer? You have been sick.” Yixing as he looked Jongin up and down.

“I’ll be fine.” His attention shifted from Yixing when he saw Kyungsoo stretching in the corner. When they locked eyes Kyungsoo was the first to look away. A sharp pang shot through Jongin’s chest and he bit his lip. He knew that Kyungsoo was upset with him, but based on that reaction it seemed to be a lot worse. Usually he was the one to come up and scold Jongin about his lack of personal care.

The instructor entered the room and Jongin got into position. Although he had gotten over the worst of his illness his movements were still slower than normal and he wasn’t quite back to his old self. He let his head dip down as the instructor scolded him for the 3rd time about how his footing was shaky and sloppy.

Kyungsoo watched Jongin take the criticism and although angry at him, he still felt bad seeing his friend getting yelled at.

Practice ended late at night and the sky was dark and chilly. Glancing over he saw Jongin shivering against the air yet he was holding his jacket in his hand. He was about to say something, but Yixing beat him to it.

“Yah! What did I say about keeping warm? Put your jacket on stupid.” Yixing scolded as he helped Jongin slid the jacket on over his shoulders.

Although he was grateful, Jongin couldn’t help but wish it was Kyungsoo putting it on instead of Yixing. The van pulled up and all of the members loaded inside. For some reason Yixing had wanted to continue to talk to Jongin so they sat next to each other with Kyungsoo in the back.

“Attention everyone, we need to stop to pick up the schedule for tomorrow. We have a performance on Mnet coming up so we need to prepare for that. The ride will be an extra 20 minutes so feel free to take naps.”

“Ah Jongin did you hear that? You should definitely sleep so you can get over the last bit of your cold. Here you can put your head on my shoulder.” Yixing reached over and pulled Jongin’s head onto his shoulder despite his protests.

“Thanks.” Jongin mumbled as he closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

Kyungsoo sat in the back staring at Jongin resting on Yixing’s shoulder. That was usually them and he found that he disliked seeing Yixing in his place.

‘Wait am I jealous? No way…’ pulling out his phone he tried to distract himself by playing a game, but he found his eyes kept drifting up to the back of Jongin’s head. Leaning against the window he closed his eyes deciding that sleep was a better alternative than letting Jongin’s head torture him.

It sort of worked, at least until they reached the dorms and everyone was ushered out of the car. Yixing gently shook Jongin awake.

“Hey we’re home. Wake up.”

Jongin yawned and rubbed his eyes with his knuckles. He slid out of the van and joined the group going up to the dorm. As soon as he was inside he half-consciously went to his room and collapsed onto the bed. He was almost asleep when he heard the door creak open. Kyungsoo’s surprised yelp filled the room and he had to suppress a laugh.

Kyungsoo wasn’t expecting to find Jongin in his bed since the other night he had slept with Tao. Shuffling over he saw that Jongin was still dressed in his practice clothes and he clicked his tongue.

“Tsk, you idiot, what are you doing going to sleep in that?” he asked himself. Slowly and carefully he slid Jongin’s jacket off and set it on the back of a chair. Next he went for his sweatshirt. This was more difficult, but lucky for him it was a zip up. Deciding that pants and a tshirt were ok he went to his own bed and lay down.

“I missed you the other night.” Kyungsoo whispered, “I don’t like sleeping alone so don’t leave me alright?”

Jongin wanted to sit up and tell Kyungsoo that he would never leave him and that he would never have to sleep alone again, but soft snores filled the room before he had the courage.

The next morning the manager was waiting in the living room when everyone awoke.

“Good morning everyone, I’m here for Kyungsoo.”

Tao went to Kyungsoo’s room and shook him awake, smiling when he saw Jongin in his own bed.

“Hyung, the manager is here for you.”

Kyungsoo shot out of bed and down the hall ignoring his disheveled appearance.

“Yes?”

“Hello Kyungsoo, we have been informed that you are going to be participating in a drama. The filming will start in a week and you have until then to memorize your lines for the first episode.” The manager handed Kyungsoo a thick script. “You will still have schedule today and the rest of this week so please continue to put just as much effort into your band activities. That is all.”

Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say. How was he supposed to memorize lines and keep up with his group responsibilities?

“Hyung that’s so cool! You get to act! I wish I could act.” Tao said with pout as he looked the script up and down.

Back in their room, Jongin was just waking up when he heard voices through the wall. Sitting up he rubbed the back of his head and looked over at Kyungsoo’s bed which was empty.

Jongin made his way down the hall where Kyungsoo and the other members came into view. He noticed a thick book of paper in Kyungsoo’s hands and he became curious.

“I wish I could act.” Tao said and Jongin’s eyes widened. ‘Act? Kyungsoo was going to act? Did that mean that he wasn’t going to be at the dorms or in the practice rooms when them?’ thousands of questions ran through his mind, but he held his tongue and smiled for his friend.

“Kyungsoo you’re going to act? That’s so cool! I bet you’ll be great. Good luck.” He said with the most realistic fake smile he could muster. He was sure it looked like he was grimacing since his cheeks hurt. Turning away the smile melted off of his face he let his brow furrow. The more time he spent away from Kyungsoo the further they split apart. This was the final blow; he was going to lose Kyungsoo.

The smile didn’t fool Kyungsoo, he could tell that Jongin was holding his feelings back so he followed him back to their room. He silently opened the door and saw Jongin face down on his bed. Setting his script down on the desk he went to sit down on the side of the bed. He felt Jongin tense when the bed sank down.

“Jongin-ah. It’s Kyungsoo. What’s wrong now? I know I was upset with you yesterday, but you were a jerk. But I can’t stand seeing you sad. Can you please talk to me?”

It was a few seconds before Jongin’s broken voice answered, “Hyung… last night you said that you didn’t want me to leave you alone yet you’re the one leaving me.”

Kyungsoo frowned, “Who ever said that I was leaving you? Wait you heard me? You were awake? What the hell!”

“Sorry, but I didn’t want to ruin the moment. You’re going to go off to film your drama and then you won’t be a practice or at the dorms and you’ll use all of your free time to see your other friends and you’ll forget about me.” Jongin turned his head to look up at Kyungsoo.

“Jongin, sit up.” Kyungsoo commanded. When Jongin didn’t do so, he raised an eyebrow, “Now.”

Hesitantly he sat up and avoided eye contact.

Suddently Kyungsoo’s arms were around his neck and his face was resting in the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Jongin. I will never leave you so you are never allowed to leave me understand? I won’t leave you. My free time belongs to you and we will see each other. Just because I’m going to be filming a drama doesn’t mean that I won’t be a part of Exo. Besides, you’ll probably need to help me catch up on the dance moves so we’ll spend time together then.” Cupping Jongin’s face in his hands he forced him to look at him, “Do you understand me? We will not separate. Is that what you were so upset about yesterday? Because if that’s all it was then that’s stupid and your own fault for not believing in your Hyung.”

Jongin eventually drowned out Kyungsoo’s lecture and just watched as his Hyung’s perfect lips moved with each word. Before he knew it he was leaning in and pressing his lips against Kyungsoo’s. When he pulled away the room was silent and void of Kyungsoo’s voice. He just sat wide-eyed unsure of what to do.

Realizing what he did Jongin moved his mouth to say something, but no sound came out. It was Kyungsoo who finally spoke first, “You… kissed me.”

“Hey hyung can I see your script? I want to act too! Do you think that they would give me a part in the movie?” Sehun barged into Kyungsoo’s room.

“Sehun! GET OUT!” Kyungsoo shouted. The door shut quickly and Jongin flinched as he tried to move away from Kyungsoo.

“Don’t you even think about running away Kim Jongin. You kissed me! What do you have to say for yourself?”

Kai fiddled with his thumbs and looked up, “Was it good?”

“What?”

“The kiss… was it good? I mean was I a good kisser? I mean… are you mad at me?”

Kyungsoo didn’t know how to respond. That was not the response he was expecting to get. Usually Jongin was a smooth-talking player who knew every rule in every rule book ever invented and now he was sitting in front of Kyungsoo playing with his fingers and avoiding eye-contact asking if he was a good or bad kisser. The hopeful look on Jongin’s face hit Kyungsoo in the gut and mumbled under his breath, but just loud enough for Jongin to hear, “Well yeah… it felt nice if that’s what you’re asking. But you still didn’t tell me why you did it.”

Jongin continued to play with his fingers, “Well isn’t it obvious? It’s because I like you.”

“I like you too, but do you go around kissing everyone you like? For example Yixing, you seemed really close to him in the van, did you kiss him too?” Kyungsoo frowned when he put the image of Jongin and Yixing kissing into his head. Even though he knew that Jongin could kiss whoever he wanted it still mad him mad.

“No! I never kissed Yixing I promise!”

“Calm down I wasn’t getting mad at you I was just wondering. So you like me… as a friend?”

Jongin shyly shook his head and blushed.

“More than a friend?”

A shy nod.

“Like a boyfriend?”

Jongin’s head shot up. “What? You want us to be… boyfriends?”

“What?! No! I meant you like me in a romantic way not that I want to be your boyfriend! Don’t misunderstand!”

Jongin’s head dropped almost as quickly as it shot up, “I see.  You don’t like me in that way. I understand hyung and I didn’t misunderstand. Sorry for this misunderstanding. I’m going to go have breakfast now.”

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin ran out of the room more confused than when Jongin had first kissed him. 

 

 

 

Finally an update for you guys! I'm so sorry that it took so long for this story to update I just had to get my thoughts together, but now I am back and you should expect updates! Thank you for sticking with this story! 

There should be more Vixxsoo in the next chapter since this one was more centered around Kaisoo. 

Thanks again and until the next update!

*******I didn't want to make another author note just for some self advertising, but I do have a Instagram account that I just made where I post makeup inspired by KPOP artists with some anime/manga in there if you would like to check that out! (themakeupcopycat) Thanks it would mean a lot :)***********