Ch. 7

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Jongin sat at the breakfast table pouting. The meal was abuzz with talk of the upcoming performance along with Kyungsoo’s new acting debut. When Kyungsoo’s name met Jongin’s ear he grimaced and continued to pick at his food. As his eyes flitted over the table he noticed a few stares and straightened his back, there was no way he was letting the other members know what had just happened. Yixing’s eyes locked on his and he forced a dazzling smile to reassure him that everything was ok. A smile was returned when Yixing accepted the false smile.

After a few minutes Kyungsoo emerged from the rooms dressed for the day with a small backpack. If it had been any other day at any other time Jongin would have been at his Hyung’s side squealing over how adorable he looked, but not today. Not when he was still upset that he had been rejected and in such a ruthless manner.

Suho stood up and the members silenced. “As you all know our Kyungsoo is going to be starring in a drama. Today is the first rehearsal and he is expected to be there most of the day. We will spend the first half of the day practicing without him, but for the second half we’ve been invited to the set as Kyungsoo’s guests. I just want to remind everyone that we are there as guests and representatives of SM so no poor behavior is tolerated.”

Kyungsoo nodded when Suho finished and sat down. “I hope you all come. It would mean a lot to me and I feel like I won’t do very well under all of the pressure so having my friends by my side would make it much better.”

A knock on the door stole their attention. “That’s my ride. I’ll go first. See you all later.”

Kyungsoo waved before disappearing out the door. Jongin’s eyes watched him go as he scowled.

“Our ride will be here soon so everyone back to their rooms to get their stuff.” Kris said as he collected dishes and piled them in the sink.

 

Although the morning had gone poorly for Jongin, practice went by smoothly. The instructor commented on how much emotion he was putting into his movements and said that his posture and aura were very confident and strong.

‘Great, my heart is broken, but my body is in optimal condition.’ He thought has he rolled his eyes. Even though he was upset with Kyungsoo he was still excited to see him acting. It was kind of hot imagining Kyungsoo pretending to be someone else.

They split for lunch and Jongin decided to go solo for a steamed bun. As he was walking he saw a pair of friends laughing and enjoying lunch outside at a nearby restaurant. He remembered how Kyungsoo would always go out with him for lunch and he missed it. Besides, it wasn’t Kyungsoo’s fault that he didn’t feel the same way. The steamed bun was warm in his hands and he quickly stuffed it down. As he was walking he passed a lady handing out flower samples.

“Here is a complementary rose. We have a new shipment of red roses in if you would like to check them out. They’re perfect for that special someone.”

Jongin inhaled the rose’s scent and smiled. It smelled sweet and warm like a summer’s day. He thought it over and even though the women was referring to a girlfriend, Kyungsoo was still a special someone to Jongin.

After browsing through their selection he settled on a bouquet of red roses. Because he was still a poor idol he could only afford three simple roses, but they were deep red and surrounded by rich green leaves. The lady thanked him and commented on what handsome young man he was and so sweet for buying flowers.

With an ego boost and a nice gift in hand Jongin was determined to win Kyungsoo over.

 

The set was a new and scary place for Kyungsoo with lots of large machinery and equipment. Someone called his name and he turned just in time to be dragged off the makeup and wardrobe. His role was a simple student who loved to write and idolized a specific author. The school uniform fit nicely and he was happy that the makeup was simple.

He wasn’t involved in the first few scenes so he had time to sit and memorize his lines off set. The filming location was too noisy for him to focus so he found a nice spot outside to read. Taking a deep breath and tried to get into character. The character was so unlike him and he felt slightly foolish. Eventually he got into his role and the lines slid from his mouth. He was so immersed in his acting that he didn’t see Hongin strolling by.

Hongbin’s laugh interrupted his moment and he blushed embarrassed that he friend saw him acting like that.

“Kyungsoo that was adorable!” Hongbin said as he took a seat next to him and ruffled his hair.

“Yah! I just had that done!”

“Sorry.”

“What are you doing here anyways?”

“I’m filming as well nearby.”

“Ahh I’m sure you’re great unlike me who has a lot to learn when it comes to acting. I don’t even know why they chose me. I have no acting history and no training for it.” Pouting Kyungsoo rested his chin against his knees and frowned.

“I told them to ask you.”

“What?” Kyungsoo’s head and eyebrows rose.

“Yeah I recommended you for the role and they agreed. I told them that even though you don’t have any acting training or background in acting that you can put yourself out there and that you aren’t afraid to try new things. Besides they were looking for a youthful, yet strong face and you have just that. You aren’t mad at me right? Also we’re both filming at the same location so we can see each other in-between.”

“Oh… well I’m not mad. Thanks, I’m glad that I have a chance to try something new in case my singing career falls apart.”

“That won’t happen. Kyungsoo’s voice is like gold.”

“No it’s not, Chen is much better. But at least I know something about singing. Acting is a whole different field for me and I’m about to go make a fool of myself with this next scene that I’m in.”

“You’ll do fine! If you do your best I’ll reward you ok?”

“Reward me? With what?”

“Flowers and a hug from yours truly.”

“That’s it?” Kyungsoo scoffed.

“I’m hurt.” Hongbin put a hand over his head and pretended to cringe.

“I’m just kidding. I would be very grateful for a hug and flowers from such a handsome and kind friend.”

This time Hongin’s cringe wasn’t fake. Reaching forward he cupped Kyungsoo’s face in his own, “Look at me and only me. I want to be all you need because you’re the same for me. Promise that we’ll be together forever because without you I can’t take a single step forward.”

Kyungsoo stared at him with wide-eyes unsure what to do.

Hongbin’s serious face cracked and he broke into laughter. “Sorry, those are just lines from the drama I’m filming. I wanted to practice and your face was just so priceless.”

Kyungsoo swatted at him and stood up, “You’re so stupid. I’m going in now.”

“Bye, I’ll stop by in an hour or so.”

Kyungsoo’s name was heard and he ran off tossing a wave over his shoulder. Hongbin waved even though he knew that it wouldn’t be seen.

“Kyungsoo-ah, what if I told you that those weren’t lines, they were the feelings I hold in my heart.”

 

Jongin stayed to the back at Exo maneuvered around the large equipment that filled the studio.

“Do you see Kyungsoo?” Xiumin whispered as he clung to Jongdae’s shoulder.

“Ah Exo so good to see you. Kyungsoo is currently on set, but we have a waiting area prepared for you so you can observe him as he’s working. Today has been going very well and Kyungsoo seems to be working very hard.”

They were led to a couch surrounding a table filled with snacks. While the members dug in, Jongin checked on the flowers that he carefully tucked into his jacket. They were still in perfect condition and Jongin was itching to give them to Kyungsoo.

Looking up he saw Kyungsoo on the set dressed in his adorable school uniform. He smiled at the emotions that crossed his face and grinned at the exaggerated hand movements. The other cast members were good actors as well the entire scene seemed real.

The last scene of the day was finally wrapping up and when the last ‘cut’ was heard Jongin stood up to go to Kyungsoo. With a smile ready on his face he waited for Kyungsoo to step off the set. His foot tapped when he saw Kyungsoo’s first foot leave the stage, but frowned when he noticed him heading off in a different direction than where they were waiting.

His eyes followed him and his stomach tightened when he saw Kyungsoo talking to Hongbin, but what hurt the most was the large bouquet of flowers that Hongbin held in his hand. They were beautiful and more numerous than his pathetic couple flowers tucked in his jacket.

Kyungsoo’s smiling face confirmed that he like them and he gave Hongbin a large hug before receiving the flowers. With his face still smiling and flowers still in hand he finally came to greet his friends. Everyone shared their congratulations with him as he laughed and told them about his day. Jongin however could only focus on the large bundle of flowers he held. Part of him wanted to run after Hongbin to punch the living lights out of him and the other half wanted to yell at Kyungsoo for being such a heartbreaker.

But they were guests, they were idols, they couldn’t do things like that. They were expected to smile through it and that’s just what Jongin did. He smiled and went right up to Kyungsoo giving him a nice pat on the back and telling him what a great job he did while putting on his best smile he could muster.

Kyungsoo noticed the fake smile on Jongin’s face and frowned.

After the quick congratulations Jongin told them that he was going to go rest in the van. Suho said it was alright he walked as coolly and calmly as he could away from their celebration. He passed a garbage can as he made his way out. Pulling out his three flowers he looked down at them one last time before tossing them into the trash and running the rest of the way to the van.

 

Kyungsoo knew something was up when Jongin bluntly went up to him and told him what a good job he had done. It was out of character for him and his smile seemed so forced it was almost painful.

He continued to watch as Jongin exited the set and peaked over Baekhyun’s shoulder when he saw him stop next to a garbage can. His back was too him so he couldn’t see what he was looking at, but when he was about to toss it Kris moved in and covered his view. When he finally moved the area was empty, void of Jongin.

After saying thank you to all of the set members and discussing with some of the reporters they were finally allowed to leave. As they were passing the exit, Kyungsoo glanced down into the garbage can and winced.

 

***********CREDIT TO MY FRIEND AETHYNA FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS CHAPTER************

Thanks to everyone for reading, as always please leave a comment, upvote and subscribe! 

Still not a whole lot of Hongsoo in this chapter, but it's coming eventually. 

Poor Jongin! TT.TT am I the only one who feels sorry for him?
Until the next update!