Ch. 4

The Eternal Jealousy of Jekyll and Hyde

Kyungsoo slammed the door to their dorm. How could Jongin be so freaking annoying?! Stomping down the stairs he opened the main door and felt the cold air attack his lungs. However, they were quickly warmed by Leo, Ravi, and Ken’s warm faces.

“Kyungsoo!”

“I told you that I could walk to your dorm by myself! Aish guys.”

Leo clamped onto Kyungsoo again and buried his face in Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Annyeong Leo-hyung” Kyungsoo said with a smile. Sometimes he forgot who the older one in their relationship was.

“Our dorm isn’t too far from here. Only a 5 minute walk so it was no big deal. Let’s get going.” Ravi said before he tucked his face into the collar of his shirt. Their walk was mostly silent because it was too cold to risk taking their faces from their shirts.

They reached the dorms and were greeted by Vixx’s manager when they went inside.

“Oh guys you’re back. Kyungsoo? You guys didn’t tell me that you were going to get Exo’s Kyungsoo! It’s nice to meet you my name is Go Shinwoo!” Shinwoo took Kyungsoo’s hands in his and shook them up and down.

“Ah yeah. It’s nice to meet you too.” Kyungsoo was skeptical of letting his guard down around a manager because whenever he was around his manager he was being scolded or yelled at.

“Well I made you guys some hot chocolate since I figured you would be cold. Hongbin, Hyuk and N are in their rooms. I’m not sure if they’re sleeping, but you can bother them anyways. I have to go figure out tomorrow’s schedule so behave yourselves.”

“Yeah yeah yeah hyung. Go away now.” Ken said as he waved his hand and went to drink his hot chocolate.

Kyungsoo waited for Shinwoo to lecture Ken about how he should respect his elders and be more responsible, but instead he laughed.

“Ok. Whatever you say Ken. Bye Kyungsoo, it was nice meeting you. Please take care of my boys.”

Kyungsoo bowed, “Ah yes. Of course.”

“Well have a nice night then.”

Kyungsoo waited for the door to close before going into the kitchen for his hot chocolate. Taking a sip he smiled, ‘It’s warm.’ He thought to himself.

“Kyungsoo. Come play our new game that we got.” Leo said as he took Kyungsoo’s hand and pulled him to the living room. Sitting down he listened as Ravi explained the directions to him.

“Ok I think I got it.” Kyungsoo said.

Ravi clicked start and the game began. Kyungsoo had lots of fun playing and time went by quickly. Looking at the clock he realized that an hour had already passed and he was quite tired.

“I’m going to go to the bathroom quickly.” Kyungsoo said as he excused himself. The other three were so caught up in the game they barely heard him.

Walking to the back of the dorm he realized that it was a lot like Exo’s just a bit smaller. He found the bathroom and relieved himself. Zipping his pants and washing his hands he headed back to the living room, but was stopped by a voice from one of the bedrooms.

“Kyungsoo. Come in.”

Cracking the door, Kyungsoo stuck his head in and saw Hongbin sprawled out on his bed. Hongbin raised a hand and motioned for Kyungsoo to come to him. Cautious, Kyungsoo shuffled towards him and gingerly took a seat at the end of the bed.

Hongbin rolled his eyes and sat up.

“Ah what is it?” Kyungsoo asked quietly.

Suddenly Hongbin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and pulled him down on the bed in a bear hug.

“Meep” Kyungsoo squeaked as he fell. At first he lay in Hongbin’s arms stiff as a board, but soon he found that he enjoyed being there and relaxed.

Looking up at Hongbin he saw his eyes closed like he was asleep.

“Um, Hongbin-ah?”

“hm?”

“Is everything alright?”

“Yes? Why wouldn’t it be?”

“Well, it’s just that usually Leo is the one who holds onto me.”

“Is there something wrong with me doing it too? Or do you only like it when Leo touches you?” Hongbin cracked one eye and stared down at Kyungsoo.

Looking away, Kyungsoo hid his face, “Ah, no. That’s not what I meant. I just meant that it was odd for you to be acting this way.”

“I just like being with you Kyungsoo. Even though I love my band mates, I feel like I have a special connection with you. You’re always there to support me and congratulate me. Somehow no matter how badly I mess up, you always make me feel like I did the right thing in the end. I like it. I like you.”

Kyungsoo blushed and rubbed the back of his head, “Y-yah. I don’t do anything special. I just don’t want my friends to feel sad.”

Hongbin felt a sharp pang in his heart. “Ah right. Friends. Well that’s good Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo felt a change in the mood and turned to look at Hongbin who still had his eyes closed. Looking at him, it reminded him of when Jongin would fall asleep on his bed.

‘Jongin. He’s such a pabo, but he’s my pabo. He makes me laugh and I really like being with him. Although I like being with Hongbin and Vixx, Exo is still my family.’

Kyungsoo felt guilty that he had left his family so easily and decided to give them a call.

“I’ll be right back.” He said to Hongbin before stepping outside of the room.

Pressing call, his heart raced when he heard the phone ringing.

“Hello?”

‘Wait that’s a girl’s voice! Why is a girl answering Kai’s phone?!’ Kyungsoo thought to himself.

“Hello??”

“Ah sorry. Must have been the wrong number.” Kyungsoo said as he hung up.

‘I guess he isn’t as bored as I thought he was.’

Slipping back inside the room he shut the door and went back to the bed where Hongbin was resting. Kyungsoo sat awkwardly at the end of the bed again waiting for Hongbin to hold him, but he didn’t. Eventually it became so uncomfortable for Kyungsoo that he spoke up.

“Um, H-hongbin?”

“Yes Kyungsoo?”

“Uh, W-would y-you mind holding me again?”

Hongbin’s eyes snapped open and he lunged at Kyungsoo. Tackling him in a hug he held him close.

“I was waiting for you to say that.”

“W-what?!” Kyungsoo blushed and covered his face with the back of his hand.

“No. Don’t do that.” Hongbin said softly. Gently reaching over, Hongbin moved Kyungsoo’s arm down and gently kissed his cheek.

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide as he stared. He couldn’t believe what had just happened.

Hongbin waited for Kyungsoo to say something, but nothing happened. He began to get worried and gently shook Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo-ah?”

No response.

“Kyungsoo?”

Still no response.

Hongbin grabbed Kyungsoo’s cheeks and squished them together.

“Mmph, Mk Hmngbn.”

“Sorry what was that?”

“Ok Hongbin. Sorry I didn’t mean to zone out like that I was just startled that’s all. W-why did you do that?”

Hongbin sat up on the bed and swung his legs over the side. “Ah I don’t know. I just… I really like you Kyungsoo. When I said that I felt like we had a connection before, I really meant it.”

“You mean like really good friends?”

Hongbin mentally face-palmed, “No. Not really good friends, more than that.”

Kyungsoo’s face lit-up, “Ah! Best friends! Yes Hongbin-ah I feel the same way. We can definitely be best friends.”

Hongbin stared at Kyungsoo’s happy face and didn’t have the heart to tell him he was wrong. “Ok! Daebak! Kyungsoo and Hongbin are the best of friends. What should our name be? Kyungbin or Hongsoo?”

“Um don’t couples come up with names like that?”

“Only sometimes. It’s ok if we come up with one because we’re best friends.”

“Ah ok! Then… let’s go with Kyungbin!”

“Yah! Why do you get to be first?”

“You told me I could pick.” Kyungsoo turned his best puppy face on Hongbin and that did it.

“Fine. Kyungbin it is. So how are things between you and Kai?”

“We fought before I left. He wanted to spend the night with me, but I told him that I was already hanging out with you guys tonight. I don’t get why he was so mad. We see each other for hours a day during practice.”

“Kyungsoo, although you see Kai during practice that isn’t really hanging out as friends, it’s more work related. Kai sees you as a friend and wanted to spend time with you as friends. How would you feel if you only saw Kai during practice and then during his free time he spent all of his time with someone else?”

“I guess I would be jealous and sad. I would feel like he didn’t want to hangout with me anymore.”

“Exactly. I bet Kai is sitting alone at home waiting to see you just once before he goes to sleep.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “There’s no way that’s happening.”

“Why not?”

“When I called him a few minutes ago a girl answered. It sounded like they were having a party in the background. I’ve acknowledged that Jongin is a popular and likeable person. That’s why I find it hard to believe that he sits alone waiting for me to come home when there a millions of other people that would love to spend the night with him.”

Hongbin wrapped one arm around Kyungsoo, “Well I guess you know him better than I do. All I see are smiles when I watch any of your performances. But if it makes you feel better, you can always remember that I will be there for you whenever you need me.”

“Thanks. And don’t forget that you have me!”

Hongbin smiled softly, “You know it’s getting late. I don’t know if you plan to stay here, but you should go home soon. I can walk you if you’d like.”

Kyungsoo checked his phone, “Oh, I guess you’re right. No I can walk by myself. Thank you though.”

Kyungsoo got off the bed and started for the door.

“Kyungsoo.”

Turning around, Kyungsoo saw Hongbin on the bed staring at him with warm eyes.

“Thank you for coming tonight.”

“Ah thank you for allowing me to come see you guys.” Kyungsoo said with a bow before walking out the door.

Hongbin laughed to himself as he sprawled out and stared at the ceiling.

'Kyungsoo, why won't you notice me?'

 

I'm back! I apologize for not updating this entire week. My family went on our summer vacation, but now I have returned and so have updates!

Hongbin is the perfect example of the "senpai notice me" except Kyungsoo isn't older, but still I couldn't help but laugh when I wrote that part ^o^

Thank you so much for reading :)

Also I know it may seem like Kyungsoo is ungrateful and cold to his Exo family, but that's not the point! >.< Sorry if it seemed that way I was just trying to help build the foundation for why Kyungsoo is so close with his Vixx brothers. I didn't mean to cause any confusion or to portray something else. Thank you for understanding

Please comment, upvote, and subscribe!

XOXO