IL

Follow Your Dreaming Heart (Discontinued)

* Italics are their thoughts* *English*

KANGYUNA POV

I sat there squeezing my hands together.  Should I really do this? I've been in America for 16 years and I'm finally going back home.  

"Flight to South Korea is now boarding. First Class you may begin boarding now" The stewardess announced over the intercom.

"Have nice trip and be safe in Korea," my uncle said and gave me a big hug as I stood.

"Thank you, I'll miss you," I said and let go, I bowed down to him and turned around. I took slow steps towards the gate, I closed the my eyes and took a deep breathe and handed my ticket in.

"Thank you for coming to SEATAC Airport and have a nice trip dear!" The flight attendent said as I walked in.

seat 17.. 14....15...16...ahh 17. I placed my carry-on in the compartments above and took my seat next to the window. It was only a few minutes when the person came and sat down next to me. She was a tall and very sophisficated looking. 

"Annyeong," she greeted as she looked over at me.

I bowed my head down a little. "Annyeonghaeseyo."

"How old are you?" She asked.

"I'm 17," I answered back.

"Oh, you can call me unnie then since I'm older by 10 years," she said with a laugh and I just gave an awkward smile. "Sorry if I pushing you on this, we are going to be on this flight for like 11 hours, I'm Kwon Jiyeon, lawyer at Perkins Coi LLP."

"Choi KangYuna."

"Interesting name but its very pretty sounding."

"Gamsahapnida, my parents named me."

"Welcome onto Korean Air, for Korean speaker please put on the headphones in front of you to get full understanding of the safety instructions," the flight attendent announced. She went through the whole saftey instructions instruction quickly. "Everyone bluckle up and please turn off all electronic decives until flight. Have a safe 11 hour and we thank you for choosing Korean Air gamsahapnida."

I took deep breaths I don't think I can do this, what if something happens? Everyone keeps saying have a safe trip but what if the trip isn't safe 

"Hey hey you okay?" Jiyeon-ssi asked (I don't think I'll get close to her that I will call her unni). I noticed I've been taking my deep breaths very loudly.

"Gwenchanayo," I said trying to calm down. "I'm just nervous."

"Don't be we'll be home right when you know it," she giving me a comforting smile and I could just nod. I feel the plane move slowly at first and then it starts picking up the pace, I feel the plane tilt up and I grip my seat tightly. Then were off into the sky, I let out a sigh of relief. The sign went off letting us know we can turn on our phones, I don't have the energy to take out my phone and turn it on so I pick up the headphones in front of me and place them on top of my head. I tap on the touchscreen on the back of the seat in front of me and go onto the international music section and pick out some kpop songs to listen to. I picked out Big Bang's Haru Haru, I slowly fell asleep to the beat of the music playing.

 

I suddenly woke up, screaming. The images of what happened a year ago flooded my head again, I held onto my head to try to stop thinking about it but I couldn't.

"Ma'am are you okay?" One of the flight attended said with a worried look.

I looked out the window and we're still in the air.

"Yeh, I'm fine just a bad dream sorry for causing a ruckus," I apologized by bowing my head down.

"Do you need some water, juice, or any soda?" She asked.

"I'll take some cola," I said and she left with a nod.

"You sure you're okay?" Jiyeon-ssi asked and all I could do was nod. The flight attendent came back with a can of cola. 

"Gamsahapnida," I said and pop the can open and took a big gulp. "I'm just gonna go back to sleep."

"Eung," Jiyeon-ssi said returning her attention back on her computer.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have 6 more hours until we reach Korea," the flight attendent annouced over head.

This will be a long journey isn't it. And with that I fell back asleep.

 

Ahhh the fresh air of Korea! I'm finally back home after 16 years. Now all my worries are over since I'm off that dreadful plane. I got my luggages in hand and now I have to find my Aunt Yerin, supposively I met her before but I don't really remember having an Aunt Yerin. When I decided to come back to Korea everyone was wondering where would I stay like I can't be in Korea by myself, thats when my uncle suggested I go stay with his sister Yerin he told me I met her a few times when I was a little when she came to visit us in America. I was also told she lives alone so I would keep her company and that she's rich so she has a big house with rooms to fill. So my uncle called up my aunt and surprisingly she said yes, thoughts just ran through my mind what if she doesn't like me now that i'm all grown up and not a little kid anymore? I walked over to where there we're many people waiting to pick up their family members or friends, I stood on my tippy toes to see if there were anyone who looked my aunt, I took out my phone and  looked at the picture that was sent from my uncle but there was no one in the crowd that looked like her.

"Excuse me but are Choi KangYuna?" A man with a suit asked me.

"Yeh, I'm KangYuna," I answered back a little confused.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm here to pick you up an take you to Mistress Park's home," He said. ooh fancy my aunt is richer than I thought.

"Oh, you mean Aunt Yerin my mom's sister?" I questioned just to make sure even though he already knows my name.

"Yeh, that is correct and apologies to you from Mistress Park that she can not be here to pick you up herself she had an important meeting to attend," he explained.

"Ahhh it's okay, can we get going now I'm getting a bit tired?" I asked.

"Of course," he then took my bags even though I said I can do them myself but he insisted and walked me to the parked white Lexus CT

Yeah I know a little thing or two about cars since my cousins were into cars. Everytime we would go car shopping they would know more than the carsales man.

Anyway, he opened the door for me and I got in, he then opened the truck and placed my luggage in. He got into the driver seat and we were off. I stared out if the window and it was starting to get dark.

"Ummm so how should I call you?" I asked him.

"Kyung Jungwoo," He responded.

What other questions should I ask? " Can I call you Kyung? I like calling people by their last names."

"Neh thats fine call me whatever you want," he said with a laugh.

"So......What does my aunt do for a living?"

"She is Korea's best neurosurgeons at Asan Medical Center which is one of the top four best hospitals in Korea," he explained. "Anything else you need to know Miss Choi?"

"Umm could you call me KangYuna it just sounds to fancy and it doesn't feel right to be called Miss Choi," I laughed a bit and I could see him smile a bit in the mirror.

"Okay Miss KangYuna," he said.

"Close enough and will you be taking me to school?" I questioned.

"Neh, are you excited to go to SOPA (School of Performing Arts or Seoul Of Perfoming Arts)?" He asked.

"Yeh, I'm excited since I heard all my favorite Kpop Idols have gone there, I was going to ask to get enrolled to Hanlim Multi Arts High School but I think SOPA is a bit better but I sort of dislike the yellow of their uniforms," I explained. "Also, its a little of upsetting since I made it on time for 1st semester since in America I just finished 11th grade and now I just started 12th."

"Neh well this is your last year in school," he said.

"Yep," then the car started to get silent since I've finished my questions. "Kyung, can you turn on the radio?"

"Of course," he switched on the radio and my one of my favorite songs came on which was Baby don't Cry by EXO-K.

I started singing along lyrics.

'deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga geurae nalkaroulsurok joha dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam

na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon huigeuk anui han gucheurieotdeoramyeon neoui geo saranggwa bakkun sangcheo modu taeweobeoryeo

Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri dwel geoya mulgeopumi dweneun geoseun niga aniya ggeutnae mollaya haetdeon so Baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni'

"You have a nice voice," Kyung complimented after the song ended

"Gamsahapnida, its been a dream of mine to become a kpop star," I said.

"Well, I think you might have a chance you sound really good," he said.

"Gamsahapnida," I thanked him again.

"Yeh and we are here," He pulled up in front of this beautiful mansion.

"Wahh!" My eyes lit up to see how big and beautiful her home was, I then notice a few body guards around Is my aunt really a neurosurgeon? "Uhh Kyung?"

"Yeh," he answered back as we walked towards the house.

"Why are their bodyguards around?" I asked.

"Since Mistress Park lives by herself she feels unprotective and she worries a lot when she is suppose to focus so now with some protection she feels relieved," Kyung explained.

We stood in front of the door and the guards bowed toward us and opened the door which revealed the beauty of the inside. I took off my shoes and placed on my travel panda house slippers that I carried in my travel bag.

Living Room:

"I'll go get a maid to put these in your room, you may explore around and a maid will come and get you to show you your room," Kyung said and walked away.

"Gamsahapnida," I said not turning my attention to him and on the house.

I started walking around and I was blown away.

omo there's a pool

Outside Patio to the pool:

Kitchen:

Dining room:

The stairs:

I walked of the stairs and was amazed even more. Once I got upstairs I looked my left

and walked over to see what was contained over there

I walked over to the right side which contained the rooms, some rooms were empty with just a drawer and a bed. Then I opened one room which I guessed was my aunt's

"Wahh the view is beautiful!" I looked out the window.

"Miss Choi," I hear a women call my name, I look over and she is wearing all black, a black button up shirt with the sleeves roll up and button up to her elbows and black slacks that sort of resemble skinny jeans.

"Neh," I said.

"Annyeonghaseyo I'm Kim Heejin and I'm a maid here, I would like to show you your room," she explained.

"Oh neh," I said with a smile and followed her from behind to my room which was two doors down from my aunt's.

"Here it is I'll give you some time to look around and unpack, your other things will arrive soon. Also, dinner will be ready soon," she said and turned to leave.

"Wait," I called.

"Neh," she turned back around to face me.

"When willl my aunt come?" I asked.

"She will be here by the time dinner is done," she answered and walked away.

I slowly turned the door knob and opened the door. I gasped at the sight.

"Wahh my room is bigger than my aunt's!" I said and touched everything, I guess it some what resemble my aunt's room with the big windows all around the room except the view showed the beautiful city of Seoul. I walked around and discovered I had a big walk in closet and a bathroom.

Closet:

It was filled with clothes and accessories, I was truly amazed and thankful that she thought of me. Each area was specifically organized. There was an area that only had dresses, another with long sleeve shirts, another with jackets, short sleeve shirts, and tank tops. Then there were shelves with shoes containing sneakers, flats, high heels, converse, and high tops. Drawers filled with skirts, leggings, skinny jeans, and socks. I walked out and checked out the bathroom

"wahh everything is just perfect!" I said. I got out of the bathroom and some male and female maids dressed just like Heejin were bringing in some boxes which contained my stuff.

I started unpacking my clothes and placed them in the closet. I opened the two boxes that contained my things and placed them around my room. Thank goodness I have shelves by my bed, I placed my collection of Kpop albums on top of them. After an hour I looked around my room and felt proud.

"Miss Choi," Heejin came in.

"Call me KangYuna," I said with a smile and she smiled back.

"Yeh Miss KangYuna dinner is ready," she said.

"Oh is Aunt Yerin back yet?" I asked.

"Aniyo," she said and I felt a little disappointed even though I was really nervous meeting her.

As I sat down at the dinning table and a plate was set down in front of me.

"Wahh gamsahapnida," I said and bowed in my seat. The maid also bowed down and walked away. I started to dig in and it was delicious.

Then I heard the sound of heels clicking. I stopped eating and looked around, some guards were bowing down. I gulped down I'm going to see my aunt I was really nervous about meeting her. I feel sort of bad that I ate first and that she might have to eat alone.

I watched as she walked in the house.

"KangYuna?" she called out.

This is it. Will she like me? What if she is really sophisticated and doesn't like to have fun? So now I have to act really well mannered if she doesn't like fun I'll be like wearing a mask.  All these thoughts ran around my head as she took off her heels and walked towards the dining table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first chapter done! What do you guys think? I think this chapter was okay I put a little background info here and there but in the next chapters you'll learn more about her. Did you guys like the house because I did, this house id fabulous and I just love it. This is a house in South Africa! The only places that don't belong in the house in KangYuna's room, her closet, and her bathroom. If you want to see more pictures of the house go here http://www.worldofarchi.com/2012/11/mansions-dream-home-called-lam-house-by.html This house is just beautiful.

Oh and I'll label the chapters in romanization Korean numbers!

Sorry for any mistakes I guess I got to worried about what to wrote and a little excited that its the first chapter.

Anyway please tell me what you think!