A Thing

Saving You

Chapter 7
A Thing


You pushed him away.

You couldn’t do this.

Shouldn’t do this.

It was wrong.

But it felt so right.

Your biggest crush, the man for whom you live, the love of your life, you’d always thought.

But how is that possible?

You can’t.

It didn’t happened.

It can’t have happened.

But it was real.

It did happen.

And it felt amazing.

You couldn’t go back though.

 

You took a few steps back and stared at him. He stared back at you, confused, and somewhat hurt. Tears started welling in your eyes, but you didn’t want them to. You tried fighting them, but it didn’t work.

You sighed and brought your hands to your head, where your fingers entangled themselves in your hair. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath.

It felt like your head was going to explode. You did not expect this, the thought of this whole event hadn’t even crossed your mind.

But if it had, would you have wanted it?

If you had been prepared for this, would you still have pushed him away?

You opened your eyes to see Sehun standing in the same position, looking at you as if he was worried.

“___, what’s wrong?” his voice broke halfway through his question.

He sounded hurt, and somehow, scared.

 

You shook your head in attempt to drown out his sweet voice.

He didn’t care about you.

He couldn’t care about you.

That kiss can’t have meant something and it’s absolute nonsense to think that this, you and him, could ever become a thing.

But you wanted to believe it so bad.

That he cared about you, that it was love at first sight. You wanted this to be your fairytale. But it couldn’t be, because he was a big, popular artist with millions of fans, and you were a lame fangirl with about 3 friends.

Two worlds apart.

 

“___, I-I’m sorry.”

There you have it, he regrets it already.

“I’m sorry for whatever it is that did you wrong. I’m sorry if I shocked you. I’m sorry if I hurt you in any way. I didn’t mean to.”

You looked up at him, he took a step closer to you.

“I just couldn’t help it. Do you know how much you mean to me? I know I sound like a lunatic, but first, I get saved by a random stranger, then, that strangers turns out to be a person that’s been admiring me from a distance for such a long time, and then she’s also the prettiest, nicest, most fascinating person I have ever met. Didn’t you feel it? Can’t you feel how right it is when we’re together?”

 

His desperate eyes were searching for any form of understanding in yours, but couldn’t find any. Because you didn’t understand.

How could this happen?

“Sehun… I can, I do, I feel how right it is. But I also feel how wrong it is. We’re not supposed to be together. And you can’t kiss me and then just leave me behind here, while you go back to South-Korea, where you have your life that’s completely different from mine. I’m just a fangirl. I go to school, I work to bitterly earn the money that I spend on food, clothes, and you. And you sing and make thousands of girls fall in love with you while you earn tons of money at the other side of the world. It won’t work. It can’t work. You know that.”

“I don’t get it, ___. I thought you would be happy. I thought you liked me, that you would like this. I thought we could be a thing, you know…”

“You know we can’t Sehun. I do like you, I did like that, but you can’t expect me to go back home tomorrow while the person I really want to be with flies off to his side of the world again. You can’t expect me to go back to work tomorrow afternoon, to come back in my small apartment, go on twitter and see updates of the guy at the airport, that kissed me so passionately, warmly, lovingly, the night before, who is hours away from me. We can’t be a thing, Sehun, because we’re not comparable, our lives are not the same. And I can’t leave everything behind for you, because I have family, I have friends, I have an education to finish. And you have fans to entertain, who won’t appreciate me anyway. There’s no ‘us’, Sehun.”

You swallowed hard and blinked some tears away.

“I think it’s time for me to leave now. Bye Sehun.” You said and turned around to quickly walk out,

before he could stop you,

before he could pull you back into those soft, warm, muscular arms.

Before he could make you change your mind.

---------------------------------

hiiiii! since this fic wasn't doing too well i thought i'd take a break but i want to have it finished soon so here's another chapter :) one more chapter after this, and then it'll be over alreadyyy. Please support this fic a lot and comment, juseyo! xoxo