Answer Me

Saving You

Chapter 1
Answer me


It was time.

The very first time.

A member of your biasgroup, EXO, was in your country. And luckily, he was your bias. You’d had a crush on him from the moment you saw him, and every night you fantasized about you and him being together. Other people keep telling you that girls your age shouldn’t be dreaming about a guy that will never love you back, but you couldn’t help it. He was too perfect and you genuinely loved him.

“Him” aka Oh Sehun had landed on the airport in the capital yesterday, and you went there to stalk him.

You weren’t a sasaeng, not even a crazy fan, you just wanted to catch a glimpse of your future husband (if you had the say).

You were used to admiring him from a distance, but a distance in real is a lot better than a distance over the internet.

He was in your country on a holiday, as you were told, but you were pretty sure he was there to meet up with some producers, fashion designers or choreographers. You were just going to follow him through town, accompanied with some friends that were also fans, without him noticing. And so you did.

It was 4;15pm and you’d been following Sehun all day. You’d actually seen him 3 times by now and you took lots of pictures, he even waved, smiled and bowed at you and your friends, which made you tear up a bit. Your friends had already gone home because they had to take exams the next morning, and they were satisfied with their pictures. You told them you were going to get a coffee and would go home a little later.

In reality, though, you went on “stalking” Sehun for a while to get just a few more photos and maybe even talk to him very briefly.

At some point you were walking around somewhere close to the “little” hospital. There were actually 2 hospitals in the capital, one huge on at the side of the city and a smaller one, downtown, but also less provided of medical equipment and medicine. The little hospital was surrounded by skyscrapers of successful companies, filled with businessmen.

And Sehun.

Somewhere.

Since you’d been following him around, you saw him enter one of the tall buildings earlier. This location was a 5 minute walk from the hospital.

It had been longer than an hour since he disappeared into the enormous rectangular building with mirrored windows, reflecting the sunlight right into your eyes. You were getting bored, so you decided to take a walk around the building to see if there were any other doors where he could have exited from. You couldn’t find any second entrances, maybe because the building was just one big statue of mirrored, square, windows and a door would not stand out so much, maybe even not at all, so you just walked another couple of blocks.

As you got closer to the hospital, an ambulance zoomed past you, its sirens ringing. You quickened your pace towards the hospital. You weren’t sure why though, but some kind of magnetic force seemed to make your legs pick up speed, to the point where you were running. You came to a stop at the main entrance, where all people were being stopped by paramedics that just came out of the ambulance that you saw earlier.

A stretcher was carried out of the vehicle, a body on it. A crowd of people had gathered around the ambulance to see the unusual sight of an emergency patient being rescued. A slightly chubby woman stepped out of the ambulance and started discussing something with a colleague. You didn’t hear much of their conversation, though you heard one crucial thing.

The woman was talking about “Mr. Oh”.

 

And you knew exactly who that was.

You pushed some people out of your way to catch a glimpse of the injured person.

White face, but not dead-white, more natural white.

Closed eyes, small but squishy nose, rosy, plump lips.

Red scratches on his body, open wounds covering his milky skin, blood staining the natural shade of soft pink that colored his lips previously.

He seemed to be unconscious.

You examined his body from a distance to find a gaping hole just under his left collarbone, and a big, deep red, bloodstain on the sleeve of his right arm. His entire right shoulder was covered in blood, too, and you could see that half of the stretcher under the body was drenched with the viscous, red liquid. You recognized every part of that body. But then again, you didn’t.

He looked too different to be him… right?

The commotion of screaming people around you woke you up from your trance. The paramedics were rolling the stretcher through the entrance, and you followed them closely by pushing everyone out of your way. The paramedics started to walk faster and so did you. They drove the patient into a hallway. You saw a big swing door at the end of it that had multiple signs on it saying that only staff could pass. OR, probably. You knew you had to do something. He was on his own in your country, no one who knew him or was responsible for him anywhere near. You swallowed deeply and opened your mouth.

“Sehun…” you managed to bring out weakly.

One of the paramedics turned his head to look at you but turned back after a second or 2. The end of the hallway was nearing. Desire to save him, or at least to be able to help the slightest bit, took over the control of your dry throat as you desperately started shouting. 

“SEHUN! Oh Sehun! Sehun-ah, gwaenchanhayo? Yah, Sehun-oppa, naega daedab! (answer me!)” 

and just as the words had left you mouth, you saw his eyelids moving.

He blinked slowly,

 

before he was rolled into the OR…