O-

Saving You

Chapter 2
O-


Did you even see that right? Did he blink?

All the paramedics had disappeared into the OR, along with Sehun.

You just stood there, paralyzed, confused and frightened. You weren’t sure what to do. You wanted to save him, help him, do something that made you feel of use.

Would it be a serious injury? Will he be able to live? What happened?

You were clueless.

Powerless, too.

The image of him lying on that stretcher, unconscious and helpless, came back to your mind and made the strength in your body disappear. A tear rolled down your cheek as you slumped to your knees. “Sehun-ah…”  you softly whispered.

Just then, the chubby woman you saw earlier came through the doors at the end of the hallway. She was carrying a clipboard and was wearing a nurse outfit. You looked up to her and your eyes met. She immediately formed a frown of her thick, dark eyebrows. She then dribbled towards you in a quick pace.

“Sweetie, are you okay?”

You nodded slowly, but not convincing enough.

“Oh darling, c’mon, let’s get you up.”

She wrapped her arm around your lower back and swung one of yours around her shoulders. She lifted you and when you were on your feet again, you realized how pathetic you must’ve seemed. Crying over a guy you’ve never met. Pch. You thanked the woman as you straightened your back and wiped off your (absolutely ruined) makeup.

“Aw, that’s okay. So what where you crying about, huh?” she said in a reassuring tone, as if she was talking to a toddler.

“The boy that just went in there… is he… is he okay?” you softly asked.

“Ah! Not yet, he’s going through surgery and examination right now, but he will be. Do you know him?”

“We… well…”

you weren’t sure what to say. Of course you knew him, but you didn’t know know him. Like, actually KNOW him. You didn’t know what to answer, though you did feel like this was your only chance to save him.

“I do, actually.” you lied. She looked into your eyes, obviously sensing something.

You expected her to accuse you of lying. Of not trusting you.

Instead, she asked you a few questions. How did you meet, how long have you known him, that stuff. Again, you didn’t know what to say. You weren’t a good liar, you could get busted anytime. And if they knew that you weren’t being honest, there was no way of saving Sehun.

“Eh… well, I don’t actually know him personally. He’s a singer. Quite famous, actually. In Korea though. And umm… Asia. He’s in this boyband thing, EXO. I’ve been a huge fan of them for a couple of years now.” You told the woman in short sentences, slowly, hesitantly.

“Hmm, I see. So I suppose you know a lot about them, right?”

“Almost everything, ma’am.” You replied, with some kind of pride.

She got a form from her clipboard and asked you to fill it in. “If you know him that well, please fill this in. It’s required information, but it’s pretty basic. Should be easy for a big fan like you.” She smiled and winked at you. You just smiled back.  

Your eyes went over the form. You knew everything, accept for his and his relatives addresses and phone numbers. If only you knew.

You filled in everything you knew and apologized for not knowing the addresses and phone numbers. You did tell her what company he’s in and his manager’s name, before you handed the form back to her. She read everything carefully and mumbled some things to herself.

“Hmm, blood group O-, I see.” She stated.

You knew it was rare. You were an O- yourself. You once read only 7% of the population in the USA had it.

“Wait here, I’m just going to ask my colleagues something.” The woman said. You just nodded before she turned around to walk back to the OR.

She came back after a few minutes, a worried look on her face.

“We have a little problem. Your friend, I mean, idol, has a rare blood type. Or really, it’s just very hard to get. You see, O-‘s can only receive blood from other O’s, which are in great minority. Sehun has lost a lot of blood in his accident, and needs blood quickly, but we transferred the last bags of O- to the other hospital this morning.”

The other hospital was at the other end of the city, and since it’s rush-hour, it would take at least 45 minutes to get there. Getting the blood here could take up to 2 hours, which might be too long.

“How long can it wait?” you asked, scared of the answer.

“An hour, max, if he wants to be able to fully recover. Too much anemia might have its side effects during or after recovery. We’ve got no time to lose, really.” She said, her frown getting deeper every minute. You bit your lip and took a deep breath.

“I’ll donate. I’m O-, too. I can help Sehun, right?” your voice sounded shaky, your palms were wet while the rest of your hands were clammy. The woman’s eyes lit up.

“Really, darling?!”

you nodded and smiled softly.

“Let’s get pumping then.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

yay! you're saving sehun :))) i promise more feels in future chapters ok thanks for reading ily xoxoxo