Home

Against The Rules

A tall red haired boy saw the lightning hit the ground with horrified eyes, unable to do anything but watch as he had to support another to keep walking, to get away so they can be safe. But there is no more safe. Four of them are dead just like that. He could hear Chanyeol’s outraged and broken cry and it was all he could do but wince at it because this is not supposed to be happening. They are dead. Just dead and soon all of them will be.

“Tao.” A weak voice called from next to his ear, trying to get the boys attention from all the sounds and yells that surrounded them all. “Tao now.” The all too familiar voice he loves whispered and the boy would have argued if he could, if he wasn’t so shocked. Because he can’t do it. He can’t do what he knows the other is asking him to. He can’t do it. He can’t. He’s not strong enough, hasn’t trained enough.

“I can’t.” He choked out, trying to keep the tears of sadness but also frustration in because there is no time for that. They can be the next to die if they don’t keep moving. They need to keep moving.

“Now Tao. Please. Now!” The other half yelled before going into a coughing fit, coughing out blood for Tao’s terrified eyes to see as another thunder roared and they both knew more are being hit. More are getting killed.  

“Kris!” Tao yelled as said boy even more leaned onto him, so close to passing out from blood loss. And it was with tears in his eyes that the red haired boy did what he was told. Knowing he is far from strong enough in the moment considering he got back two or three times during the fight for a few seconds so Kris can save whoever he saw die, but he still concentrated on getting as far as he possibly can. Hoping it would be enough for them to be saved.

It took a second before everything stopped, every sound and every movement. Everything just froze and then blurred out in reverse, almost knocking Tao off of his feet when he got as far as he can. The force of a longest time travel he ever did being too strong. But as he opened his eyes he could see that it was enough. He could see as the eleven boys surrounding him got ready to fight, Chen closing his eyes and calling forth roaring thunder.

“No! Get to Kai!” He yelled out in desperation before Chen could do what he intended to, startling said boy and making him open his eyes in confusion. The rest were confused too since Tao didn’t even know who Kai is which is true but he hoped to God that the name Baekhyun called out before Xiumin died was from the boy who he saw teleport. It’s their only chance.

Tao’s eyes met Kris’s and it wasn’t even a second before he was yelling the same and everyone’s confusion disappeared as they hurried towards the boy that thankfully was the teleporting one. Of course it could be seen that he was confused too and already more tired than the rest but there was no other choice, no other way of survival.

The Guardian’s caught on what they were doing too fast for their liking and started throwing rocks and shifting the air but it was too late anyway, they were all holding onto Kai in a blink of an eye and in other they we’re gone. Only leaving a cry of pain echoing through a clearing and tens of Guardians yelling cursing and yelling orders to find the twelve boy’s who just vanished right before their eyes.

The landing wasn’t as neat as it was before, sending Baekhyun and everyone else to the ground from the sudden impact with it, so hard it took the black haired boy a second to clear his mind enough to bring his palm up to shine over where they are, sitting up in the process. Watching as the rest did too, disoriented but fine.

Two weren’t moving though. Suho and Kai were passed out on the ground, both barely showing any signs of breathing and having Kyungsoo move towards the tanned one quickly to make sure he still is, heart beating too fast from the possibility that he may not be. But he wasn’t the worst one off as everyone noticed when Baekhyun focused all the light on the two, because there was blood surrounding them. Or to put it better, there was blood surrounding Suho. Suho who seems to be hit on the head before they had time to disappear.

Seeing it made everyone turn pale because he wouldn’t be in this mess if it wasn’t for them, he didn’t even have a choice. Luhan was the first to move, quickly crawling to the unmoving boy and trying to stop the bleeding, Sehun there only a second later to help but they could all see there is no point. The wound is fatal. That much was obvious but they still couldn’t give up because they can’t let him die. He can’t die.

A red haired boy sitting by the side was the most terrified of them all though because he was too late. Even with everything he didn’t go far enough to save them all. He failed and the flashbacks of what never was played in front of his horrified eyes as he watched the two boys try to save a boy he didn’t even know and failing. There is nothing they can do. He was too late.

“, he’s not breathing at all!” Luhan cursed, moving to apply CPR as the rest just stared in shock, not knowing what the hell to do.

“Lay!” A tall guy called and there was only a second of hesitation from a skinny boy who was being called before he moved into action. Pushing Luhan and Sehun out of the way before putting boy of his hands on the dying boys chest, closing his eyes and with only one word echoing in his mind. Heal.

The others surrounding the two watched in shock and awe as the others pale face started getting color again. Well all but one. Because only one knew about Lay’y abilities. Only one ever knew.

It was a few minutes later that everyone let out a sigh of relief as they saw Suho’s chest rise and fall once more, watching him open his eyes and look around disoriented and confused at being surrounded with all eleven watching solemnly him. Did something happen?

Suho went to ask but ended up coughing instead, his lungs still not completely working like they’re supposed to.

“You’re fine now.” Lay smiled from above him before falling backwards and passing out himself, not used to using that much of his power at once just like Kai who was still passed out in Kyungsoo’s arms but otherwise fine. Luckily Baekhyun was there and caught the boy just as he was about to hit the ground.

“How come Lay isn’t in the guardians?” Jongin asked while looking at the said boy in confusion after he came to and Kyungsoo told him what happened. “I mean healers have been guardians for generations so why was he on the other side of the fence?”

It has been a few hours since they were teleported from the forest and apparently they were in another one now. The sun was just rising up and half of the boys were asleep, keeping close in case they are found out. If someone saw them right then they wouldn’t be able to see which are the guardians and which ones are not. They’re all the same after all. Nothing keeping them apart but society itself. Well not anymore.

There were just a few who kept awake. Kai, who just recently came to, and Kyungsoo, who now that his boyfriend is more or less okay is slowly dosing off himself. Chanyeol was awake too, leaning onto a tree with Baekhyun sleeping with his head on his lap. Tao who has woken up from his third nightmare of the night gave up on sleep and just sat there next to Kai, becoming good friends with the other two pretty fast. And of course with Tao awake Kris was too because he was too worried about the one he loves and what he might have seen before erasing it all with going back that he just couldn’t make himself go to sleep. Deciding to just hold onto Tao instead, something the younger was extremely grateful for.

“Well as much as I know he’s undetermined.” Chanyeol was the first to speak up because honestly he was confused too by the power only Kris seemingly knows about. As all the others know about Lay’s power is that it hasn’t presented itself yet but apparently it has.

Kris sighed, absentmindedly pecking Tao’s shoulder before speaking. “His parent died when he was just a baby and he was kind of lost in the system after that. When I found out he told me that he could always heal but didn’t notice that the others can’t until it was too late and he was already on the wrong side of the fence and labeled undetermined. But seeing how the guardians are forced to live he decided to stay and keep it a secret instead. He didn’t want to be a mindless zombie. No offence.” He quickly added, glancing towards Kai.

“None taken. Trust me if I had a choice I would chosen the same.” Kai replied, eyes trailing towards where Lay was sleeping on the ground next to Sehun and Luhan who were in each other’s arms. It seems he missed more then he thought when he passed out. He’ll have to ask that one later when they wake up.

“Why did you let yourself be controlled like that? With a power like that you should have been on our side.” Tao asked, yawning all the same as he tried keeping awake.

“No choice I guess. I was five when they found me and when they did the guardians proceeded to scare me to death about what happens on the other side of the fence. I never showed them how strong I really am though. Wouldn’t have survived this long if I did.”

“Well that’s true I guess.” Chanyeol agreed a little sleepy himself by this point, but still watching the early sunrays linger on tree leaves above. Thinking how much Baekhyun would love to see that.

“Pretty.” Came a hushed voice from below just as the red haired one had the thought cross his mind and he looked down at the barely awake Baekhyun still lying on his lap.

“You’re prettier.” He replied with a smile, getting a light hit on his stomach for it and his boyfriend shifting to lie on his side.

“Too early for this.” Baekyhun mumbled all the while making the other laugh.

“Love you too Baek.”

“Yea yea Love you too. Now let me sleep.” The black haired one kissed the other’s palm that was combing through his hair until a minute ago but now just ended up on his cheek.

“Still don’t understand how you two got together.” Kai spoke up, shaking his head slightly at the exchange he just saw. Something that looked like a normal scene for the two. As far as he knew maybe it was. “How can you even stand Baekyhun?”

“Hey!” Said boy’s eyes snapped open as he argued. “What is that supposed to mean?”

One other boy, the short one with a chubby face, Xiumin, was just waking up and laughed at hearing what the others were talking about. Waking up the one next to him as he did seeing as Xiumin’s head was resting on his chest as they slept. “Trust me Chanyeol here can’t be any better. From what I saw they are both idiots.”

“Hey!” Now it was the both boys that complained, making everyone else who were awake to burst off laughing.

“What did I miss?” A sleepy boy Xiumin was sleeping on asked blurrily while trying to keep his eyes open and look at the others.

“Oh nothing. Just go back to sleep Chen.” Xiumin said, kissing the other quickly as he sat up. Not feeling that tired anymore anyway. Chen however didn’t feel like going back to sleep with the cold boy not there anymore so he followed in sitting up. All too happy to join the others in teasing the two who put them in this mess in the first place. A good mess though. A mess that just made a new family be born. A family made out of guardians and delinquents. Different but all the same.

Because they are a family. They are one.

 

 

 

“Sehhunie did you see Tao?” Luhan called out while walking through their house in search for said boy. Asking his boyfriend since Tao is his best friend after all.

“Kris pulled him into their room and I do not want to know what happened afterwards.” Sehun answered, making Luhan scrunch his nose and stop in his track.

“Well, never mind then.” The blond turned to leave when he was stopped by arms wrapping around his waist and keeping him where he was.

“Or you can stay.” The other whispered into his ear before kissing it. “Kyungsoo and Kai are somewhere again.” He said, remembering that the two boys teleported to yet another surprise vacation that morning so there is no one to kick them out for making out in the kitchen. Something Soo does way to often to everyone.

“But we’re here so please don’t.” Baekhyun spoke up from where he was sitting on the counter with Chanyeol raging the fridge next to him. When they came in the oter two had no idea. But you kind of get used to people just randomly appearing in rooms after you’ve lived with eleven of them for years now. And one of them being a teleporter kind of makes you get used to it even faster.

 “Yes please.” Suho and Lay just passed through the kitchen hand in hand with Suho sending Sehun a look that just screamed ‘behave’ before disappearing into another room seeing as the kitchen kind of is in the middle of the whole house and you can get into almost every room downstairs from it. It was something Kyungsoo made sure of when he built the skeleton of it by shifting the ground and mending it into what they soon started calling home.

With all their powers the house was done and fully furnished with indoor plumbing and even electricity in a mere week, making it the perfect home in the middle of a forest they lived in. It was all just perfect. They were together and they were free. There is nothing more they can ask for really. They all finally have a life they always wanted. A free one.

 

There are legends said about a forest far in the mountains.

Legends that talk about ghosts or monsters and demons. The legend never stays the same. It changes. One day a monster is running through the woods wanting blood, and another it is a ghost seeking revenge.

No one knows for sure though. Because anyone who goes inside either never comes back or does but with memory lost. They sometimes come back in a blink of an eye, a week later or even a week before.

But that is ridicules. How can someone come back a week before they went away?
 

There is one legend though. A legend that speaks about six runaway guardians long forgotten with years past. Six people with powers beyond belief. It is the legend talked about the least but it is also one that is the closest to the truth. Because in that forest live twelve people. Friends who are more life family. Six once held back by invisible chain of rules, and six destined to kill by the rest of society. But all now free. Finally finding the happiness and freedom they once only dreamed about. Isolated but happy because each other and freedom is all they ever needed. It’s all they’ll ever need.
 

There are legends that speak of a forest far in the mountains. Legends that say the runaways long forgotten live there isolated from the rest of the world.

The legends are true.

But only the twelve know.

The twelve.

The family.

The runaways free at last.

 

 

-------------------------------

The End. Wow I hope this was good and not too rushed. I tried. Hope you liked the chapter and the story in whole. Again sorry for how I ended the last chapter but I just couldn’t resist the cliffy. Anyway please comment below with your thoughts. I had fun writing this and would really like to know if you liked it. Upvotes are awesome too.

Oh and I hope you checked out the trailer and new poster because they are awesome. Also there may be a Taoris oneshot later on because I kind of love their story but couldn’t put it in here so look forwards to that one.

But for now bye.