Against The Rules

Against The Rules

The sun was shining and the air was dry.

It wasn’t the kind of day you would want to spend outside. Or if you did it would be under a tree in the shade. And it was like that. Until the last bell rang.

Because even the outside heat is better than staying in school.

“Baekhyun come here!“ A blond doll-like boy called out as a black haired one stepped out of the school building, making him look up and walk to him. Curious to what he wanted even though he was kind of in a hurry himself.

 “Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun and I are going out. Come with us this time.“ The blond boy piped out as Baekhyun got closer. Not able to hold in his excitement anymore, after all it was Sehun who asked to go out and the blond couldn’t be happier about being able to spend more time with him.

Said boy was standing by the entrance with the other two. Who were of course lost in their own little world, ignoring the presence of anyone around them. They were sickeningly sweet really. Unable to keep their hands to themselves. But they are friends so what can you do.

Baekhyun shook his head knowing the answer without a second thought, but still gave him an apologetic smile as he replied. “I’m sorry, I can’t Luhan.”

“Why?” Luhan asked, looking disappointed but at the same time like he expected it. “It’s going to be fun.” He tried again even though they both knew it’s not going to happen. He rarely joined them lately, but Luhan was trying not to pry so he never really asked why. When Baekhyun is ready he will tell them.

“I’m sure it will be but I already have something to do.”

“Meaning you want to read some book in peace.” The blond sighed, giving up. “Fine. Whatever you want. Go be boring.”

Baekhun chuckled at that. ”Have fun.“

“Oh I will.” Luhan called over his shoulder as he walked away from me and towards the rest of them.

They all waved at the black haired boy as they went with him, of course sending one back, they were still his friends and he wanted to go, at the very least to tease Sehun and Luhan about their obvious crush for each other, but he can’t. He has other things to do.

Baekhyun sighed in relief, because once again no one asked questions, and waited for them to get out of sight before moving. He knew it was coming but really didn’t want any questions right now.

He was careful to be as unseen as possible as he made his way across campus, knowing that he can’t let himself get caught. But by now he did this so many times, passed this path almost every day, that he could do it blindfolded.

There was a forest at the very edge of school grounds that he could see as he walked forwards with determination, and that was exactly where he was heading. But as he did he made sure to stay clear of The Fence. The only things separating the private school that he attended from the public, or so called, delinquent school that was built right next to it. It was said to have the worst of the worst. People with powers to destroy cities in a matter of minutes. That’s what they tell them at least. What they are told so they stay clear of The Fence.

 Because them associating with ‘the scum’ is the biggest rule that you just must not break.

It’s against the rules to even get close to The Fence and if you get caught talking to one of them you are expelled immediately. No questions asked.

But still…Baekhyun couldn’t help himself from glancing towards it. Towards The Fence. Looking beyond it all at the so called delinquents. Talking, laughing, fighting...

Yes it was a mess. Their school was in ruins. But they were free. No rules, No boundaries. No restrictions. And they can choose by themselves how to live their life. They can make mistakes and chose what they want to be like.

 Baekhun couldnt. None of them could. And he couldn’t help himself from feeling jealous of the others because of it. They have a choice but he doesn’t.

Their futures are set in stone.

You live.

You protect.

You fight.

You die.

That’s how they are raised and that’s what they do.

They are raised to protect the world. To use their powers for good and fight against the ones who don’t. You fight until you get killed. That’s the drill. No questions. No choices. It just is.

They say that they are chosen for it. That their powers are different. Special. Better than the others. But Baekhyun doesn’t believe it. They just come from a kind of family that lost their own protecting from centuries ago until now. They are just the ones who lost and can lose more. That’s what makes them ‘special’. Their families have been dying for so long to protect so why stop now? No one asks questions anymore. No one cares.

Baekhyun doesn’t want this life. None of his friends do either but there is nothing he can do about it because no one cares if you are willing or not. You just have to do what you’re told. You just need to continue what your family started.

He hated it.

There are some who said no. Who think differently, who want to live and feel and think…Those people get banished. Baekhyun has seen it once. And it made him not want to ever again because you don’t just get banished, you get hurt as a warning to never come back. To never again come close to your family, friends. They give them life but with too big of a price.

Your family is gone, your whole identity. And they just leave you like that to fend for yourself. Bruised and bloodied and alone.

Baekhyun shivered from just thinking about it. Reminding him why he’s sneaking around in the first place and making him doubt, second thought, if it’s really worth it for even just a second before the thought disappeared to some dark corner of his mind again.

He entered the forest and the second the shadows of it enveloped him he found himself shivering. Feeling that he doesn’t belong, that he should leave but he still kept on walking. Determined and used to this feeling considering that he’s been coming there since he was seven. Since he first started this school, because it’s the only place where he can be alone. Just him and his thoughts.

It was dangerous and spooky but at the same time strangely peaceful.

As he got deeper into the forest and the darkness became ticker Baekhyun opened his palm and brought his hand in front of himself, willing the light within him to glow until it was lighting up the way. Until his palm was glowing and showing of his own power. He wasn’t perfect at it yet and it was always taking a lot out of him to keep it up for long but he was getting better at it. It didn’t flicker anymore like it did when he was younger. But that must have been because of the practice.

He looked around as he walked, careful not to make any noise. It was forbidden to go there after all. It was the only place where The Fence doesn’t separate them. Where nothing separates them. A forest that stretches over their school ground as well as the other's and goes as far as the eye can see.

The only place where not even the Protectors have restriction over.

For me, Baekhyun, it was heaven.

He didn’t have to walk long before he found himself at a tree where he stopped. It has kind of become his tree. It was the farthest he has even gone into the woods and even has his initials carved into it since the first time he did. And honestly he never regretted it one bit. It was his safe haven in hell.

He sighed, leaning onto it.

“Well hello there stranger.” A deep voice startled the boy out of his thoughts and he looked up at the branches, a big grin forming on his face as his eyes fell on the source.

“Hi.” Baekhyun greeted back almost immediately, his neck hurting from looking up but yet still not looking away. Why would he anyway? The view was great.

Sitting on the branch in tight black ripped skinny jeans and an equally tight shirt, having that big breathtaking smile on his face as he looked down at Baekhyun with eyes absolutely sparkling, was a person he just couldn’t look away from.

“What are you doing up there?” Baekhyun asked, feeling curious as he eyed the red haired boy above him who grinned in return before climbing down with ease you get only after years of practice and landing down right in front of the black haired boy, showing that he was at least a head taller than him.

 “You are late and I was bored.” The boy shrugged.

“Sorry for that. Luhan wanted me to go with them.” Baekhyun gave him an apologetic smile as he stepped closer.

“Well no way that’s happening now is it.” The taller said, before pulling the other to him in one swift movement, making Baekhyun stumble slightly before getting pressed flush against the boy. “You’re all mine. And I don't share what’s mine.” The whisper made the black haired shiver.

The other smirked, looking satisfied, before kissing him on the lips. A kiss that was returned eagerly and without hesitation.

Both getting lost in the kiss as it got more and more heated, to the point that Baekhyun was pressed against the tree, more than willing to let the other take the lead. Remembering the first time they met.

 

A boy sat underneath a tree. Leaning onto it and feeling relaxed for the first time in the past four days that he wasn’t able to come to his own little heaven.

Four days of being told what to do. Four days of longing and wishing for a different life. A free one.

 “Well someone seems gloomy.” He heard someone say and his eyes snapped up, looking in front of him in immediate fear, hand already palm up and glowing. His eyes meeting brown ones of a red haired boy.

A ‘delinquent’! He thought, getting up on my feet, feeling alert but still staying where he was.

The other didn’t move. His gaze still just resting on Baekhyun with amusement. A smirk on his face.

And for some reason Baekhyun found himself not moving either.

The red haired boy looked him up and down before grinning widely and he still didn’t move. Even as the boy stepped closer Baekhyun still stayed where he was. Not feeling fear like he was supposed to, not thinking of strategies of how to take him down like he was supposed to. Just…staying there. The only thing that was in his mind at that moment as the other moved closer was that he was good looking. No, not good looking. Hot.

Very, very hot. He thought looking at his tight clothes that clinged to him like second skin.

 “I am not gloomy.” Was the first thing he got out after a few more seconds of shock, making the red haired boy chuckle at hearing it. Eyes absolutely sparkling.

“Of course not.” He leaned his side onto the tree so he was still facing Baekhyun but looking even more relaxed if that was even possible. “So what is a Protector to be such as yourself doing in the dark forest all alone? You know there are big bad ‘evildoers’ here.”

“So I’ve heard.” Baekhyun replied, putting on a brave front, but really not actually feeling that scared at all. “But I still haven’t seen any of the big bad ones.”

”Oh really?” the other smirked again leaning closer so their noses were touching now. “And what about me?” His eyes flashed threateningly to empathize his point but Baekhyun still hasn’t felt at all threatened.

“No. You’re not scary.” He whispered leaning even closer, wanting to stop himself but at the same time not.  “I’m worse. I have nothing to lose.” He whispered. Their lips now only inches from each other.

Something Baekhyun has never seen in someone’s eyes while looking at him flashed in the boy in front of him at that moment. Lust. And a second later the boys lips were on his and he pushed him against the tree as he kissed him almost hungrily.

Even though Baekhyun had no idea what he was doing, his friends were more on the actually being with someone thing then he was, he found himself kissing back. Messily and unpracticed but the other didn’t seem to mind as he kissed him harder.

The red haired one raised an eyebrow at him as they finally broke apart a after a few minutes, looking even more amused now. “Isn’t it against the rules to talk to us? Or kiss us?”

“I told you. I have nothing to lose.” Baekhyun answered simply, making him grin. But it was true. He really didn’t have anything to lose. He never wanted this life. The least he can do is make it a little bit interesting; he thought.

 “Oh I like you.” The other pulled him to him by his belt loops. “I’m Chanyeol.”

 “Baekhyun.” He replied before being pulled in for another kiss.

Definitely not minding it one bit. Maybe Chanyeol can be his something interesting.

 

It has been three months since that first encounter and they have been meeting there almost every day ever since. And every time Baekhyun sees Chanyeol his heart still manages to skip a beat.

And somehow he found himself actually growing happy for the first time in his life as him and Chanyeol spent more and more time together. It felt at times like his whole body and mind were covered in flames like the ones Chanyeol can make. He felt like he would combust from it all. And Chanyeol was always there. With his smile. Always there for Baekhyun. Always making him smile in return.

“I love you, you know that?” Baekhyun whispered as they both laid on the blanket in front of their tree-no longer only his but now theirs. Chanyeol laying on his back, with Baekhyun the same just with his head on the other's stomach.

“I know.” Chanyeol looked up at him just in time to see him smile. Their eyes met and Baekhyun turned around as he felt one of his hands on his hip, pulling him closer for a kiss. “And I love you too.”

And as Chanyeol kissed him again he couldn’t even remember what it was like to hate his life. Just like the first time the other told him he loves him. Just as the time they first kissed three months ago.

And now was the first time Baekhyun has something to lose.

First time he has love.

And Chanyeol is definitely worth the risk.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea what I'm doing but I hope you liked it and will upvote and comment.