Against The Rules

“!“ Baekhyun knew they were cornered. He could hear them from all sides. They were all hoping they could outrun them even after all twelve could hear the footsteps and crunching of leaves under feet that weren’t their own. That hope was a mistake because all they did is run right into a trap. But it wasn’t the only mistake they made; Baekhyun thought. It was the third.

The first one was Sehun falling right onto one of the boys Baekhyun didn’t know yet. He was tall and lean, that’s all he could see in the darkness, a flash of red hair there too. Sehun fell, taking the other with him and making them all stop and help them up quickly because you don’t leave anyone behind. So Sehun tripping and falling was the first mistake they made because it made them lose time they didn’t have. Even that little that they needed to get them up and running again was enough because Sehun’s ankle was twisted and he couldn’t run so well again. Luckily he helped himself with that by controlling the air around him so he can lessen the pressure on that foot but he was still slower then before the fall.

And that was the second mistake. They got slower and with Baekhyun turning to quickly see if Sehun and the other boy are okay no one saw where the forest ground started suddenly leading downhill and wasn’t straight anymore until Baekhyun himself didn’t almost fall into the hole that was there. Chanyeol was there too though, he pulled him back with quick reflexes and with no time to even think pulled him to their right because they can’t go forward anymore, they had to change their route and even if they had no idea where they were going anyway it still felt uneasy to do so.

However that move brought them right where the guardians were waiting. They should have known that Sehun falling wasn’t an accident. With Kyungsoo there they should have known that someone must have shifted the ground to make them end up where they were now; in a clearing and surrounded by more than just a few guardians that were slowly closing in. Closing in for the kill. They all should have known better but they didn’t have time to think, to notice all the things they should have. They could only run. And run they did, right into a trap.

Beakhyun’s eyes were wide as he stared at the guardians around them. Moving from one white suit to the other, trying to find a way to get out but there wasn’t any. The only way out was to fight. So it seems it’s time to find out how good they all work together because if they are going down they are not going to do that bowing down. They will fight. And they will win. They have to; he thought with a quick glance to Chanyeol who was at his right before gazing over the others who were all exhausted but still shifted into a fighting stance, apparently noticing the same thing he did. It’s time to fight.

The clearing was lit up from the lightning on the sky above before thunder cracked and hit the ground in front of the feet of some guardians that were closest to us with a wrenchingly loud sound accompanying it. The sudden happening took everyone by surprise but it was also a signal everyone seem to be waiting for because it wasn’t even a second later all hell broke loose.

Water, air, fire, thunder, darkness, ice… Every element and every power was just thrown around, some ours and some not, until everyone was scattered around.

Baekhyun was isolated too by a guardian with a power similar to him but opposite. He was trying to blind Baekhyun and the rest by making the dark even darker and the black haired boy couldn’t allow that to happen so he blinded the other with light instead, watching as he was later knocked out by one of the boys he doesn’t yet know by literally flying into him. He didn’t even have time for a quick thanks before they both had to move to the next one because they were more than just a little outnumbered. But still they managed to hold their own.

It was all just flashes of everything. One second wind knocks a guardian to the ground and the next that guardian is ten feet tall and heading towards Sehun. Fire, ice and a tree knocking him out before he could get too close. No one had time to think or even register how much they themselves were getting hit and hurt because they need to keep hitting. They need to keep themselves standing so they don’t get caught. They can’t give up.

Luhan was limping when he made his way towards Baekhyun who was right in the middle of it all and losing his strenght pretty fast with random bursts of strong light he had to make to blind the guardians just long enough for someone else to knock them out. Luhan, whose power was so much stronger than anyone thought considering, was pulling trees out from their roots and flinging them at their attackers. But he too knew he wouldn’t be able to keep it up for much longer.

All of them did though. Chanyeol’s fire was getting out of hand, setting fire to half of the forest by now, Sehun’s wind losing it’s strength and Kai losing his own too, only able to teleport in small distances. Teleport, that’s it!

Another thunder cracked, killing one of the guardians on the spot when Baekhyun yelled out his next words. “Kai! Get to Kai!” And almost instantly everyone started moving towards him but the more and more guardians were still moving in. So many. There were so many while the twelve of them were bloody and hurt to the point where the tall boy who saved Baekyhun earlier had to lean onto a tree to keep himself up, but another helped him up so they too can go towards the one person who can help them.

They should have thought of it earlier but Kai losses his strength too fast when he does that and he was already too weak from when he had to teleport them all before to be able to do it again. Even so they have to choice anymore. There is no way they can get through all of incoming guardians with them all being hurt from all the ones that came before. And it doesn’t seem there is an end to them now as they still kept coming into the clearing. It was their last chance. Their only chance.

But as they got closer to the one they needed more thunder roared and it wasn’t theirs this time. It was red and it was deadly. Killing Kyungsoo, Luhan and the boy Baekhyun remember as Xiumin on the spot. But he didn’t even have time to yell before more thunder boomed and everything hurt before it went black.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Well sorry for the shortness and just....well everything. Please  comment below with your thoughts.