Chapter 2

Natural Instinct

Chapter 2

He walked along the forest path after watching the girl and boy disappear together. Strange, how something you see makes your feelings mix up. The forest was silent just like any other time. There were days when the forest used to be bright and charging with energy, but now, it looked as well as dead. The king walked through to see his throne appear before him. He sat down and called for his most trusted subject, Dara. Dara was a Kinie, which were half fairy, half nature spirit. 

"Dara... I saw her."

"You saw who My Lord? Did you go and see out of the forest again?"

"I saw Arina."

Dara sighed. It wasn't the first time that her king had said something like this. Long time ago,when the wound of her death was fresh in his heart, he thought every fairy was Arina.

"My Lord, although it pains me to say this to you again... Lady Arina is dead. She died a thousand years ago. You saw her die with your own to eyes. My King please, let her go."

He just chuckled softly, until it grew louder and louder. Although he was laughing, she could hear pain and sadness in his voice, tears were on the corners of his eyes. She could feel him longing for her, but she couldn't do anything. Arina will never comeback. 

"Gone... Haha... ARINA IS NOT GONE!!! She is missing, playing hide and seek with me. I'll find her, you'll see. She'll comeback."

Because he was agitated, the forest started to get darker, and the creatures could feel their energy draining for a part of their life source was connected to him. 

"My king! Please stop this! The trees, plants, and the creatures are crying in pain!"

"I'll find her... You'll see. Arina is not gone, she will be forever with me once I find her." 

He whispered the last part and closed his eyes. Dara sighed in relief as her energy came back to her, and the forest grew somewhat brighter, but it was still dark. She touched the trees that were his throne to shape into a bed and laid him there. It pained her greatly to see him like this. However, until he lets her go, it will continue.

------------------------------------------ 

"Thank you for dinner Mrs.Kim. It was delicious like always." Dongwoon told Hyuna's mother.

She chuckled,"Why thank you. I wish Hyuna here will compliment my cooking like you do Dongwoon, but she doesn't like to say anything."

"I don't say anything for a reason..." She murmured so that no one could hear her.

"Aw, Mrs.Kim she's just shy in from of you."

"I am not! Why would I be shy in front of my mom?"

Dongwoon shrugged,"Who knows?"

Hyuna gave him a sarcastic smile and helped her mother clear the table. They went to Hyuna's room after and both laid down on the bed.

"You have to go to the castle tomorrow right? To start training for the court service." Hyuna asked.

"I have to make at least some sort of impression to this kingdom you know. Don't worry, I'll still have time to visit you. I won't be gone for forever."

"Yeah,but what am I gonna do while you're gone? It'll be boring."

"Aigoo. My Hyunnie is whining like a kid again. Come on,you're turning 17 tomorrow. While I'm gone, try to grow up a little okay? That's you're mission."

"Okay..."

The sun came up faster than ever the next day, and Hyuna was ready to bid DongWoon good luck. 

"You didn't have to come with me to the gates. Besides, you have to go back home alone."

"I'll be fine Woon. It's not like I don't know this place. Make sure to look good in front of the princess and the king. Maybe they will pick you as their favorite."

He smiled,"Yeah right. I'm charming, it's impossible for them to not to fall for me."

"We'll see. Good luck Dongwoon, I'll miss you," Hyuna said as she hugged him.

"I'm not gone for forever, I'll still see you. Stay safe, and don't cause any trouble."

"You sound like you're my brother. I'll be find mister."

They broke apart, and DongWoon walked through the castle gates. Hyuna watched until she couldn't see him anymore and walked off. On the way home, she bought an apple and decided to take a new road to her home. She was munching on it when she saw a deer near the trees. It seemed to be crying. She ran near it, and carefully got closer. 

"What's wrong? I won't hurt you, don't worry."

It seemed to be a young deer, but did not move away from her touch.

"Aw. Did you loose your mom? Are you hungry? Here, eat my apple. I only took one bite out of it, so you can take it."

The deer got closer and took a bite out of her apple. While it did, she carefully its back. She smiled, maybe it was a good choice to take the new road.

(A little distance off from the deer and Hyuna)

"My king! There you are, you scared me by disappearing like that!" Dara yelled.

She walked closer to him to see if he was listening to her, but it seemed like he wasn't.

"Hush Dara and look. That's Ariana's deer. The one that crys here every morning. It's not crying anymore."

Dara looked surprised,"Huh? But that deer always cried after Lady Arina died. Why would he be..."

"Because Arina's back. Look, she's feeding him his favorite fruit."

"What?" 

Dara looked over the bushes to look at the scene. Sure enough, the deer was eating an apple out a girl's hand.

"Oh my... That girl looks exactly like Lady Arina."

The king laughed,"It's because it is Arina. She's just hiding her wings."

However, Dara knew better. She knew it was a human girl that came to the forest way. 

"My lord?"

The king looked so happy that she couldn't being herself to tell him again. She just sighed and watched the scene with him.

(Hyuna)

"Wow, you eat fast for a small one. I wish I had another apple to give you, but I don't. Here, I'll bring another apple tomorrow okay? Just wait until tomorrow. I have to go now, but I'll see you tomorrow!"

Hyuna waved to the deer and ran home. The deer looked until the girl couldn't be seen and walked to where the king was. The king smiled and its back.

"You missed her right? So did I... So did I..."

A/N

Power up :) Working on my other stories too, so don't worry. Thanks for reading!! ^^