Chapter 1

Natural Instinct


Long ago, in a land far far away, there was a creature living in the woods. He was the king of the forest and took care of everything that went around in his territory. However, he was very wary around humans and turned anyone who got near his home into forest creatures. However, he never killed them. Sadly, the humans did not know anything about this creature and continued to go to the woods to get supply and food. Soon, word started to get out about these mysterious disappearances in the woods. A village sent a hunting/searching party to look for this mysterious monster that was assumed to be killing many of their people. They were ordered to kill anything that looked deadly. Unfortunately, this was not an ordinary wood. There were many mythical and unseen creatures that were living there. Many looked harmful and deadly to the humans, and they killed many of the creatures there. Soon, word got to the King, and he decided that only he could stop this madness.

 He set out to find the humans, but his timing couldn't have been worse. You see, there was one special creature that he loved more than anything else in his kingdom. It was a fairy, with beautiful, rainbow colored wings, sparkling crystal eyes, beautiful hair, and a floral crown was always on her head, for he had made it for her.  He loved this fairy more than himself. Sadly, the humans also fell for the fairy's beauty and planned to capture her. However, she saw what was being done to her home, and did something to protect it from further harm. While they were trying to capture her, she gave her life to the woods to revive, and the animals that were killed were born again. The King came right as she drew her last breath. He was in misery, seeing his love die right in front of his eyes. The humans laid eyes upon him and knew right away who he was. The king, who had anger and sadness boil together inside him, believed that it was all the humans fault. He unleashed his magic and killed all of them. Although the forest had gained its peace again, it was never to be the same. After that day, no one dared to go back, and the kingdom was never bothered again.

 The End.

"Awww! That was a sad story Mrs. Han! The king lost his true love!" 

"No! He deserved it. He killed all our villagers." 

"It's still sad...."

"Mrs.Han, is this a real story?"

Mrs.Han smiled,"Well, if you believe it, than yes, it is a true story. It is all up to you kids."

"It's not real."

"Fake."

"Fiction to be exact!"

"No one cares JaeHo."

Mrs.Han looked at them,"Does everyone believe this story to be fiction?"

Everyone nodded, except one.

"I think it's real...." A small voice said.

Every head turned to her, she felt her face get hotter. 

"Ehhhhh? You think it's real?"

"Weirdo."

"It's fake!"

"Now everyone. It's okay for her to have an opinion. It's alright sweetheart, but can you tell me why you believe in this story?"

"Well.... Do I have to have a reason? I just... I just think it's a real story Mrs.Han. Is it okay?" She asked.

"Of course it is. Thank you Hyuna."

She smiled at her, and thankfully, Hyuna smiled back.

------------------------------------------------------------

( 11 Years Later )

"HYUNAAAAAAA!!!!" 

The girl with sparkling crystal eyes and beautiful hair turned around to the voice and smiled to see her best friend run up the hill. He caught up to her and stood right beside her and held her hand. For them, this was a natural thing to do since they did ever since they were young, but for others, it meant a soon coming wedding. Of course, the two had no idea about it.

"Hey Dongwoon. What have you been doing? You said you would come an hour ago." Hyuna pouted.

"Sorry, my mom was giving me a lecture about... What was it about?"

She giggled,"Try to know what's she's talking about at least once in your life Dongwoon. So, why did you want me to come here?"

"Well.... You're turning 17 tomorrow, and I wanted to get you something before anyone else did."

He went to the bushes and took out a box. 

"Here. My present for you Hyuna."

Hyuna carefully accepted the box and opened it.

"Wow.... It's beautiful Dongwoon."

"Yay. Here, I'll place it on your head."

Dongwoon took the item out of the box and placed it on her head.

"This floral crown.... Did you make it?" She asked.

"It took me a week, but yes. Eventually, I made it." He said proudly.

"It's amazing. Thank you. I'll wear it everyday."

"You better." 

Hyuna hugged him,"Thank you."

Suddenly, something in the bushes wiggled, and they immediately broke apart.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Maybe a bunny."

"A really big one? That bush shook pretty hard. I think it's bigger than a bunny."

"Hm..." Dongwoon had his thinking face one. 

Hyuna on the other hand looked with more curiosity than fear.

"Oh...." Dongwoon said.

"What? What?"

"Hyunnie. This forest, it's the one that Mrs.Han always talked about. The one with the king and everything. The story where only you believed it." Dongwoon told her.

"Whoa... You're right! She said it on the last day of school for the summer adventure! A forest in the west side of our kingdom, with the highest trees, and lowest bushes. Where mysterious creatures can scare you, but can't harm you. The trees are the highest, bushes are super low, and we were scared by whatever creature was behind the bush, but it never came at us." Hyuna added.

"Wow. Maybe the king is in there too! Do you think he's as evil as the stories say?" Dongwoon asked.

"He's not evil. It's just because his love died. I think he might be gentle."

"Hyun. Not to crush your dreams of a gentle king, but he killed all those villagers. You believe in the story, yes the fairy died partly because of the humans, but he shouldn't have killed them. Come on, I believe in this story too now after years of you convincing me. Let's go. It's getting late anyways." 

Hyuna sighed,"You're right. He did kill all of them. Are you coming over for dinner?"

"Yup. Your mom always has the best food. Race ya!!"

They ran down the hill, laughing, and forgetting about the forest they just found.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{She.... She looks exactly like her..... Too exact... This can't be...}