Chapter 6

Natural Instinct

 

When a human heart usually beats, it is to live. The heart beats a range about 60 to a 100 beats per minute. Hyuna's heart was going about 200 beats per minute. Staring into his dark orbs, she realized how he really looks at her. Those glances were full of happiness, willingness to do anything for her, and pure love. It was a type of glance that any girl would want to be looked at. Blushing like crazy, she quickly turned away,but felt his hand on her cheeks, turning her back to him.

She stared in shock as his lips started to come lower and meet hers. For second, she couldn't do anything. This was the king of nature kissing her, what was she suppose to do? Was she suppose to kiss him back? Did Arina? Closing her eyes, she had to remind herself. She was Arina, and Arina loved him as equally as he did her. She thought she was kissing him back because she was suppose to, but realized that she wanted to kiss him back. Now, this even surprised her.

"Eh hem..." They broke apart to see Taeyang fidgeting behind the bushes.

"What?" Jiyong asked annoyingly.

"Um... You might be mad about this Jiyong...and Hyuna you too. A pixie just told me that the human boy went to the castle. He told everything Jiyong ah. About the forest, you, Hyuna, us, and everything else."

"To the king?"

"And Princess. Now she wants to marry you and the king wants to hunt you down. We have to get away somehow before they come at us. If they catch us, Jiyong, you might be killed." Taeyang explained, still looking uncomfortable.

"Wait! Dongwoon wouldn't have done that, he's not the boy to do those things..." She stopped in mid sentece. He is a boy to do anything to save the people he loves."No..."

Jiyong stood up,"Find out more. Send the pixies to the castle to get some information. If they are really trying, then, we don't run. I'm not letting those humans take something away from me again."

Hyuna knew that he was talking about. He knew that if the army came for them, she would be gone from him, but most importantly, Arina would be gone again. Taeyang nodded and disappeared again. Jiyong, who was looking lost, shook his head once and turned to look at her.

"Hyuna ah, I'm not going to loose you again, I promise. This time, I'll protect you until the very last."

Jiyong left with a reassuring smile on his face. After he was gone, Dara came in and sat next to her.

"You have to let me go and talk to Dongwoon. I have to tell him I'm okay!" She pleaded her.

Dara shook her head,"Hyuna, you know that's not going to work. It's too late, the whole kingdom already knows. Jiyong and we will take care of everything. Don't worry. In the mean time, I finally found out how to make you wings!"

"Dara, I really don't think it's time for that with everything going on." Hyuna told her.

"This is for your safety. With your wings, you can run away if someone tries to attack you and whatever." Here, turn around and close your eyes." Hyuna obeyed. She felt a little tickle on her back while Dara was murmuring something.

"Done."

She opened her eyes and saw her feet up in the air. Gasping, she flared around trying to move,"Dara! How do I work this thing?" She yelled out.

"Control them. Come on Hyuna, you can do it!" Dara yelled out. "Calm yourself down first, then try. You're not going to get anywhere flaring around."

Hyuna tried to calm her breathing like she was told to. She stopped moving and let herself flow in the air. Her wings calmed down with her, letting her be in control.

"It's working!" She said.

Dara smiled,"You're a natural. Arina's wings were just like this. If anyone tries to attack you, fly as fast as you can and get out of here. There are pixies and natural spirits hiding all through out this kingdom. They should be able to help you."

Hyuna came down and looked at Dara,"I'm not even the real Arina, why are you so nice to me Dara? Because of me, Jiyong has to battle for his land again."

"Hyuna, if it weren't for you, Jiyong would have lost everything boy now.whenever he looks at you, he sees Arina. So does Taeyang, and even I do. Doesn't it feel natural to be like this? I know that Jiyong kissed you, and I know you kissed him back because you wanted to. Maybe, just maybe, if this all works out, you can stay and be Arina forever."

"Forever?"

"I know forever is a long time, and we don't even know if we are going to survive this mess. However, I do feel like you want to be here. It's your choice, but it all matters on how this ends." Dara said before leaving her alone.

Forever is an awfully long time.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy! Can I please marry that nature king?" The Princess asked.

"Of course! As soon as I'm done tearing his kingdom apart into pieces, then, you can marry him and do whatever you like Haeul." The king told his daughter.

"Yay! Go and get the war going daddy! I want to have him already!" She squealed before planting a kiss on his cheek and running out the door. 

The king chuckled to himself,"Dongwoon, how are we going to get through the barriers? My ancestors have fought this beast before, and it was not easy for them."

"Trust me your majesty, I have a hidden card on me. We can use it to demolish that beast, but my card will be safe, you have to ensure me that." Dongwoon told him.

The king chuckled,"How can I ensure your card's safety if I do not know what it is? Haha. Alright, your precious card will be safe, also, you may have whatever you want in this kingdom. That beast killed many of this kingdom's people, it's time I get their vengeance."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyong, Taeyang, and the pixies were near the border of the castle and their forest. The pixies had been sent to scout around and listen since they could turn invisible. Jiyong waited patiently under the bushes with Taeyang with him.

"Why are you so calm? I thought this would make you go crazy again." Taeyang told him.

"Hyuna's here. I can't make a big fuss or she'll worry. She always worried too much at times like this. Look, I can't make the same mistake again. This time, I'm going to protect no matter what. We have more power and nature spirits than the last time they fought us. We can do this." He replied, making a small flower grow on the ground.

"That day, when Arina died-"

"She didn't die that day, she pretend to. Even if she gave her life for the forest, she still had energy left, that's why she's back now." Jiyong interrupted him.

"Yeah, okay. Well, I was there you know. Back then, I was too young to do anything. Arina told the pixies to hide me and Dara. Dara had fainted from shock a little earlier, so it was just me. I can never forget the sadness Arina had in her eyes. To see her home be destroyed, taken away right under her watch. I think that's why she chose to do that Jiyong. To save us all."

"I know. I always knew that. Still, when she was missing I never wanted to admit that I understood what she did. I just loved her so much. When I saw her again, I just wanted to have her back in my arms."

Taeyang looked at him. If only he accepted that Arina was truly dead, then maybe he could have done things differently.

"My king!" A pixie squealed, appearing in the air.

"Yes! What happened? How is everything going?" Jiyong asked.

"Well, the princess is definitely thinking of marrying you. Also, the king and the human boy is making plans to attack within the week. However, the human boy mentioned something about a hidden card. He said that's what he will use against us." The pixie reported.

Taeyang widened his eyes at the mention of a hidden card, but Jiyong, who did not fully understand Dongwoon and Hyuna's relationship nodded,"Alright. Gather troops." He commanded.

The pixie bowed and disappeared again."Jiyong. Come back to the forest with me. I don't think they can attack today, and we need to form a plan too. Come on." Taeyang said as he dragged him out.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

As soon as they walked back into the forest, they found Hyuna, flying.

"Hyuna! Your wings!" Jiyong shouted, scaring Hyuna.

"Oh! Yes, well,um...I finally got them to work again....so....Dara?" Hyuna looked around for help, and Dara just smiled.

"She's back your majesty. 100% back." She said smiling up at them. Taeyang knew Dara had a lot of things in her mind and wanted to create something they should be happy about. He respected that.

"You look beautiful Hyuna!" Jiyong exclaimed looking at her in pure admiration and awe.

Hyuna blushed,"T..thank you. Oh, how did the scouting go? Are they really planning to attack us?" She asked as she came down.

Jiyong went to her and kissed her slightly on the lips, making her blush more,"Yes, but do not worry. Your king will take care of everything. It will be fine Hyuna ah."

Hyuna forced herself to stop blushing and smile up at him,"That's great." She said, but when she looked at Taeyang, his expression told her other wise.

"Well, the pixies and the nature spirits must be waiting for me, so I must get going. I trust Dara and Taeyang will take care of you for awhile. Stay safe all right? Don't go outside now, it's too dangerous." He said before leaving with a smile.

Seeing him gone, Hyuna turned to look at the two,"I need to go and talk to Dongwoon." She said.

Dara sighed,"I knew you would say that. Hyuna, it's really dangerous right now. With your wings and all-"

"You can undo it and out it back on me later. I'm thinking that it will take Jiyong at least sometime to come up with a perfect plan to protect me, who isn't even Arina."

Taeyang shook his head,"Hyuna, I know you want to go and knock some sense into that human guy, but it really is risky."

"Guys. Everything happened because of me. At least let me try and fix it. Maybe if I talk to Dongwoon, he'll-"

"No. It's too late. The king knows everything now. The story about the beast? This forest? Jiyong? Us? It was all a legend until now. There's nothing you can do Hyuna except stay and let Jiyong take care of it." Taeyang told her.

"But he doesn't even love me!" She shouted, surprising everyone."He loves Arina, not me. I'm just a girl who looks like her. If he found out that I'm not Arina, do you think he'll care about me?" She asked.

Dara smiled softly,"Hyuna, don't you get it? Over the few days you were here, you didn't act like Arina at all. You were acting like your normal self, but it made Jiyong happier than when he was with Arina. You may say that you're just doing this for him, that you really don't love him, that he's misunderstanding everything. Look into your heart and answer me. Do you think Arina would have done some of the things you did? Does your heart flutter whenever he looks at you? Do you get mesmerized into his eyes?"

Hyuna felt something hit her,"Yes."

"You and him both, are in love with eachother. In Jiyong's complicated, yet amazing mind, the old Arina's gone. The new Arina, Hyuna is there instead. He loves you as you are." Taeyang told her.

Hyuna took in deep breaths. Every word was right, sometimes, she forgot that she was Arina and acted like she normally did. Sometimes, she just wanted to tell Jiyong that, she, Kim Hyuna, not Arina, loved him. 

"I love him..."

Dara and Taeyang smiled at eachother.

"When Arina was here, the atmosphere was so calming. Even if thunder and lightning was there, it would feel like nothing was happening. Jiyong liked that. When he was young, there was so much things going on that he never got peace and quiet. Yes, they did truly love eachother, and yes, he was devastated about her death. But, there's something different about you and him. Your love is different. Arina loved him like he was someone that she needed to protect. Jiyong loved her the same way. You love him like you slowly falling into a wonderful thing that you can't possibly describe, but you love it anyways. To Jiyong, you're his everything." Dara told her.

"Yes, the coming battle may be similar to the past one, but there's something different Hyuna. Jiyong changed. He's not who is was before. The king expects a king saddened by the loss of his love. What he should expect is a king who found strength by a whole new love. Don't worry. I'm sure that human kid will be fine too." Taeyang told her, patting her back.

"All right. Jiyong's ready for anything, and I will be ready with him." Hyuna said smiling.

If Jiyong was going battle with the humans, then she was this only chance. She won't just stand by and watch everything. She's got wings now, what can stop her way?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Forgive me. I just want you to be safe Hyuna. I don't trust that nature king or whatever. In my eyes, he's a beast. I'll never let anything happen to you Hyunnie."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Forever is an awfully long time.

"Jiyong ah?"

Hyuna had waited for an hour and a half, but she decided to go in now. Jiyong was sitting in a tree branch, high above. He motioned her to come up to him, and she nervously worked her wings up. She sat down next to him, and he out his arms around her.

"I want to be with you for forever."

"Forever is an awfully long time you know."

He nodded and smile,"But it will feel like seconds with you."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"They love eachother. I'm glad we made her realize that today." Taeyang said.

"Yes. Maybe, everything will work out in the end. It will go as planned right?" She asked him.

"If luck is on our side." He answered her, looking at the two figures on a tree.