Chapter 5

Natural Instinct


Dear Hyuna,
 Training's going nicely. They said I'm much tougher than I look. I'm in the fourth group of the 15th party. There are about ten members in my group, and they are all older than me. I'm being tortured here you know. Save me Kim Hyuna! Oh, and the person in charge told my group that we can go visit you guys for a day soon. Apparently, we're the best beginner's group there is, so they are giving us a treat. I'll see you then. Show me that deer you found in the woods when I come okay? Remember my promise of growing up too. I want a real 17 year old Hyuna when I come back. I miss you Hyunnie. 
 Love,
 Dongwoon

A bird carried this from her mails and brought it to Dara, who then gave it to Hyuna. Dara knew that she wanted to read it by herself, so she decided to drag the king away from her for awhile. Hyuna smiled to herself as she read it. She was going to see Dongwoon soon! She was so happy that she didn't notice Jiyong approach.

"What's that Hyuna?"

She turned around in surprise, but quickly hid the letter behind her so that he couldn't see it.

"Um.. Nothing. It's just a....a..."

"Jiyong! You get over here right now or else!" Taeyang yelled.

Hyuna looked up to see Dara behind a tree mouthing sorry to her.

"Aw~. Why can't I be with the love my life for awhile?" Jiyong said as he pouted cutely.

Taeyang glared at him, but Hyuna stepped in just in time.

"It's fine. I'm done with this anyway. Where should we go my king?"

Jiyong smiled,"Anywhere you wish~"

----- Dara and Taeyang, a few meters away from the two -----

"She's really doing great job pretending to be Arina." Taeyang told Dara.

"I showed her everything she had to know. About those two before she died. She seemed to take it pretty well. I'm sure she's pretty confused inside though. She's a sweet girl."

"I can tell. Do you think there's a chance of...."

"Hyuna replacing Lady Arina forever? No... Taeyang, sooner or later, she has to go back to her world." Dara told him sadly.

"I don't think he can handle it."

"That's why we need to find a way to erase his memories soon."

"But first, we need to get the girl some wings." Taeyang said as he smiled softly.

----- H&J -----

They walked to where Evo lived and sat down by the tree. Jiyong laid down and had his head on Hyuna's lap. Hyuna played with his hair. She was surprised on how naturally she was acting this out. 

"Hyuna. All the days you were gone, I made a star in the sky for each day you didn't come back to my arms. I was so lonely... Dara helped, but nothing changed. But now,since you're back, I'll make a star in the sky for everyday you're with me." 

He looked into her eyes and smiled. Hyuna was so shocked that she couldn't do anything for a second. He really did love Arina, but what would happen if he really found the truth? 

"Jiyong... What would you do, if someone exactly like me appeared, and I disappeared?"

His eyes captured a look of fear in an instant,"You're not leaving are you?"

She smiled,"No.. I'm just curious."

He seemed to relax again,"Well... I'll find out. Then, I'll look for you again."

"You will?"

"Of course, but I'm never going to let you go again Hyuna. I love you." He whispered to her.

Hyuna just looked at him and held his hand tightly. What do you do, if you're faking to be a Nature King's girlfriend, and you don't even love him? 

"Hyuna. I love the sound of your name. It rings though out the forest and feels like a beautiful melody in my ears. It's beautiful, you're beautiful."

Hyuna flushed, and she felt the heat rush through her cheeks. Arina must have truly been happy to be with a man who only looks at her, lives for her. She unknowingly stopped her hand from fiddling with his hair anymore.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No. Everything's fine, it perfect."

{Everything's wrong....}

"Miss Daraaaaa!!!!!" A pixie screamed, startling the two watching Hyuna and Jiyong.

"What? What's wrong?"

"A...um.. Well, the letter seemed to have arrived earlier than when we were noticed of it, and the watcher told me that...um..."

"Continue."

"The human boy is back and searching for her."

Dara and Taeyang looked at eachother,"WHAT?!?!"

"HYUNNAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Jiyong jerked back up, and they both stood up looking dazed at the two running towards them. Without a word, Taeyang yanked Jiyong away, and so did Dara, but to the other side.

"Dara? What is it? Is something wrong?"

"That human boy, Dongwoon? He's back earlier than expected. He's at your house searching for you. I've already taken the trance off of your mother, hurry and go there. We'll try, seriously try our best to keep the king at bay. Oh, and Hyuna."

Hyuna turned to see Dara's eyes turn darker and more serous than they had ever been in front of her,"You must not tell anyone of this world. Not even him. If anyone knows, then this world will be in grave danger. Promise me."

"I..I promise."

"Good."

Dara opened the wall separating the forest and the village,"Stay safe."

Hyuna smiled at her and walked outside.

MEANWHILE......

"Taeyang? Hey Taeyang? What the... What are you doing?"

Taeyang looked at his handiwork with a proud gleam in his eyes. The king looked kinda cute like that. So dazed with love...

"Hey Taeyang. I sent her off and-"

Dara stopped talking once she caught sight of them.

"What in the name of fairies did you do?"

"I think it might work. Maybe."

What Dara was looking at was a tied up Jiyong looking like a lost puppy.

"Um..."

Taeyang turned to her with a smile,"These binds are un breakable! It's made with nature spirit power, fairy power, pixie power, Kinie power...."


"Taeyang."

"Evo helped too of course, but most of the time, he was eating apples."

"Taeyang."

"I'm sure it's sturdy."

"Hello? Taeyang?"

"Oh, and the-"

"Oh for good Heavens, he's out of it."

"Eh?"

Dara pointed to the binds, which were now useless pieces of rope. Taeyang started yelling and growing trees on the ground. Jiyong simply came up to Dara, while ignoring Taeyang all the way.

"Dara?"

"Yes my king?" Dara replied as she sighed.

"Where's Hyuna?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna found Dongwoon and her mother chatting happily together at the dining room.

"Hyunnie~~~~~~"

"Woonie ah!!"

She ran to hug him and tackled him while doing so. He chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"Aigoo, you're still the same."

"I missed you so much! How are you back so early?"

He gave his famous charm smile,"I persuaded some people.... Including the princess...."

"The Princess?!?!?"

"She TOTALLY fell for me. She said that I was a charming one." He said proudly.

"Wow... How old is she?"

"18."

"Hmm."

"That's what I said. Anyway, how were you? I heard about that deer you found. Let me go see it!"

Hyuna hesitated, but Dara just told her to not to tell him about the forest, but she could show him Evo right?

"Sure! Come with me."

Hyuna took some apples with her and led the way. When they arrived, they found Evo waiting for them.

"Aw! He's so cute!!!!!!" He squealed as he ran towards Evo with an apple in his hand.

"And you're still a kid too." She murmured smiling to herself.

Together, they fed Evo and played with him. Soon, Dongwoon and Hyuna were rolling around the hills, laughing like crazy.

"I missed playing like this." Dongwoon told her.

"Do you know how much work we had to do? It was train, train, train, and eat then sleep. Then wake to repeat the process all over again. It was so boring."

"So no fun?"

"Well, we did trick our coach into thinking that there was a mouse in the storage room, and that man can't face a mouse to save his life. When he finally went in there, the boys in mouse costumes jumped at him and made him...well..."

Hyuna eyed him.

"Faint in front of the commander."

"Really? What happened?"

"Well, let's just say he won't be back for awhile." Dongwoon said grinning.

"Dongwoon!"

Hyuna laughed and softly punched his arm. As they laughed and played together perfectly. Hyuna never noticed Jiyong watching them, his eyes filled with shock, but quickly disappearing into a fresh wave of anger. Somehow, he had managed to sneak out and find her. He felt a wave of jealously come over him like a tidal wave as Hyuna planted a kiss on Dongwoon's cheek. Angered, he flicked his hand, and immediately, vines sprouted and attacked like snakes. First, they got Dongwoon, and as Hyuna watched in shock, they started to wrap around him like a python. Startled, Hyuna looked around and saw Jiyong watching them from the trees.

"Jiyong-ah..."

But she quickly turned back to Dongwoon and tied to pry off the vines. They wouldn't move and quickly wrapped around her hands. Soon, she found a vines wrapped around her waist and suddenly, she was in Jiyong's arms.

"Hyuna!" Dongwoon shouted.

"Who are you. What are you doing with my Hyuna?" He questioned him.

Hyuna struggled in his grasp and prayed that Taeyang or Dara will come to them.

"Who am I? Who are you? Or better said, what are you?"

"Jiyong ah please, he's just my friend. Don't hurt him."

Jiyong was about to reply when a rock hit his head.

"What the..." 

They turned around to see Taeyang with more rocks in his hand. While Jiyong was distracted, Taeyang ordered the vines to let them go, and Hyuna fell to the ground. She went over to Dongwoon right away.

"Are you all right?"

He smiled,"I'm okay. Are you?"

Taeyang was about to strangle Jiyong.

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!?!?!?"

While they rented on, Dara had come to them.

"I'm so sorry!! We really tried our best to keep him still,but...."

"Hyunnie? Who are these people? Who is he?" Dongwoon asked puzzled.

Dara looked startled for a moment,"Hyuna?"

"We have to explain it to him. I won't let you erase his memory." Hyuna told Dara.

She seemed reluctant at first, but eventually gave in and let Hyuna explain everything to him. Jiyong was with them the whole time, watching the two closely.

"Then...then, he's the..."

"Yes... He's the king from the story."

Dongwoon stared for a moment,"But what has he do with you?"

"I'll explain that part, Hyuna, please go calm our king down." Dara told her.

Hyuna nodded and went over to them. Taeyang still had rocks in his hand just in case and was glaring at Jiyong.

"Jiyong ah..."

"Are you sure he's just your friend?" He asked not looking at her.

"Of course, he's just my friend. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but we didn't want you do worry and stuff...."

Jiyong slowly turned his gaze back to her,"I love you."

Hyuna forced a smile,"I love you too."

"NO WAY!!!"

Hyuna cringed, knowing that it might happen when Dongwoon heard the whole thing. When she turned to him, she saw him stamping towards her.

"Kim Hyuna are you crazy?!?!?"

"Woonie ah...."

Dongwoon looked over to Jiyong and fumed.

"Listen here, your little fairy queen is-"

"No!" Dara, Taeyang, and Hyuna shouted as they tackled Dongwoon to the ground.

"Huh?" Jiyong cocked his head to the side.

"Uh... Nothing Jiyong ah! There's nothing going on... Um... Dara? A little help please?" She glanced nervously at them.

Dara fixed herself before walking over to the king and gently murmured the encouraging words about how Hyuna will never leave him. Meanwhile, Hyuna had gone over to Taeyang and Dongwoon's side.

"What was that for?" He asked angrily.

"Look little man. If the king finds out that Hyuna isn't really Arina, then this whole place would flip upside down. We barely got him under control last time, but it won't work this time." Taeyang told him.

"Woonie ah. I'm doing fine there. Jiyong's a really sweet guy, who's just lost in love. It's my job to help him find his way again until Dara or Taeyang can do something. Really, I'm fine, so you don't need to worry. Go and train the best you can." Hyuna assured him.

"Hyuna? Um, we might need to go now." Dara yelled over to them.

Hyuna sighed and hugged him,"I'll be fine. Don't tell anyone about this okay?"

Dongwoon hugged her tighter,"I'll rescue you from this place. I won't let the idiot trap you here thinking that you're his lost love. I'll come back for you. I'll train as hard as I can, so be safe okay?"

"I don't need any rescue. I'm fine, but train hard. Show me tough Woonie for once."

After that moment, Taeyang led Dongwoon out of the forest and while out,he put back the trance on Hyuna's mother. The rest of the day was spent on Hyuna trying to make Jiyong feel better. She felt tired at the end if the day, and it was nearly midnight.

"Hyuna."

It was the first time Jiyong had spoken for awhile.

"Yes?"

"I want to show you something."

{Again?}

She let him drag her away to the Spirit Lake. This time, they kneeled down at the edge of the lake, and Jiyong out his hand under the water. He lift it back up, and in his hands was a medium size water bubble. Hyuna gasped in surprise, and Jiyong smiled. He bounced it up in the air and made it into a dolphin. Hyuna watched in fascination as he continued to shape it into different things. Finally, the bubble turned into a heart, and Jiyong threw it to the middle of the lake. There, the heart grew bigger and bigger until it was as big as the lake itself. Jiyong looked d at Hyuna proudly, clearly happy with himself that Hyuna reacted like this. Hyuna smiled and turned her face to him quickly, only to become a centimeter away rom his face and drown in his deep brown eyes.

This was the first time she felt her heart beat for him.