Ailurophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

Facing your fears robs them of their power”

- Mark Burnett

Ailurophobia – Fear of cats

Kim Heechul | Super Junior

 

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

Heechul smiled at his girlfriend of two months as he led her to his apartment by her hand. He was incredibly excited to show her his house. In the two months they’d been in the relationship, he really felt like she was the one. Jung Mika was everything he wanted in a girl; she was funny, bold and was not afraid to speak her mind.

He reached his front door and released his hand from her grasp long enough to put in his pin. The door beeped before unlocking.

“Come on,” he tugged on her hand again and led her into his living room.

Mika looked around the house. “Wow, Heechul, your house is surprisingly neat,” she teased.

Heechul turned up his nose haughtily, “Of course, what did you expect?”

Mika laughed and a moment later, Heechul joined in.

He loved how she always got his humor, she even put up with his slightly arrogant behavior and almost never complained. Most of the people he knew always reprimanded him for being too blunt and honest but she didn’t, she encouraged him to be free and share his thoughts.

Mika took a seat on Heechul’s comfortable couch. “Can I have some water, please?” she smiled pleasantly at him.

Heechul gave an exaggerated bow, “Well, of course, my lady.”

Mika giggled at her boyfriend’s dorky behavior as she watched him disappear into his kitchen. She continued to observe his house, noticing small things like the CD collection he had and the numerous photo frames all around the house.

She stopped once she noticed something in the corner of the room. It was a small bed, the sort that pets would sleep on. Mika’s brows furrowed. Heechul had never mentioned any pets before…

While she pondered on what animal her boyfriend was keeping as a pet, she felt something brush against her leg and turned her gaze downwards. What she saw caused her breath to catch in and her heart to leap in fear.

 

 

Heechul hummed softly while pouring two glasses of water for himself and his lovely girlfriend. He couldn’t wait to show her the rest of the house. He was brought out of thoughts by a shriek that emanated from the living room.

Heechul rushed out, his water forgotten, only to find his girlfriend standing on his couch with an expression he’d never seen on her face before: fear.

She kept trying to move away from the grey cat on the ground that kept trying to climb onto the couch. Heechul frowned, what the heck was going on?!

“Babe, are you okay?” he walked over to his cat and gathered it into his arms.

Mika pointed a shaky finger towards the grey ball of fur. “W-What is that?!”

Heechul’s frown deepened. “It’s my pet cat,” he said, simply.

“P-Pet?! You never told me you had a cat!”

Looking back at the blissful two months he’d spent with Mika, Heechul realized that he really hadn’t told her about his cats, which was odd as he loved Heebum and Bangsin more than his own life.

Heechul shrugged nonchalantly. “I guess I forgot,” he mused.

“Heechul,” Mika took a deep breath, her body stiffly standing on the couch. “There’s something I didn’t tell you,” she trailed off.

Heechul furrowed his brows and cocked his head in confusion. “What is it?”

“I-I don’t like cats,” Mika confessed, her hand trembling as the grey cat in Heechul’s arms tried to jump onto her again. “I’m actually really scared of them.”

Heechul stared at the girl in shock. What?!

No, this couldn’t be happening! He was so sure she was the one, but how could she be if she hated two of the most important people (well, animals really) in his life.

Mika slowly edged her way towards the end of the couch, before jumping off and grabbing her purse. “I-I need to go,” she stammered, her wide fearful eyes locked on Heebum’s.

“Uhm, let’s – let’s talk later, okay?” The door shut loudly behind her.

Heechul frowned, his arms falling limp allowing Heebum to jump out of his hold. He felt numb all over and collapsed onto the couch with a heavy heart.

He’d never seen this coming.

Heebum, almost as if it sensed its owner’s distress, jumped onto Heechul’s lap and cuddled into his chest comfortingly. Heechul turned his gaze to his grey furred pal. Absentmindedly, he Heebum’s fur.

“I guess she just wasn’t the one,” he spoke to his loyal cat that just blinked at him with its sharp feline eyes.

Author's Note

I'm back from my trip, which was great by the way, except that I fell sick halfway through >.<

I was majorly disappointed when I checked up on this story because I haven't had any comments for the last two chapters. But on checking the 'Statistics' feature, I noticed that there is a good amount of views for each chapter. Does this mean you guys just don't like the chapters?

I hope you guys comment on this one, at least to let me know whether I should continue with this series :/