Chromophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

Chromophobia – Fear of bright colors

G-Dragon | Big Bang

 

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

Chaerin heard her doorbell ring and quickly dabbed on the final touch of blush across her pale cheeks. It was one of the few days when both Chaerin and her boyfriend were free and they’d decided to spend it together.

Chaerin was really excited as despite dating for nearly three years, they hadn’t been on as many dates as normal people would, what with him being a world-renowned star and all.

Her boyfriend, you ask? Why it’s none other than hallyu star and Big Bang’s leader, Kwon Jiyong, known to the rest of the world as G-Dragon.

Chaerin checked her dress and hair one last time in the mirror before opening the door to let her boyfriend in. G-Dragon shot her a lazy grin before kissing her cheek and shimmying past her and into the room. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and turned around, stalking after the singer.

“So are you ready for our date? You look beautiful, by the way,” Jiyong smiled at Chaerin, sweetly.

“Take off your beanie,” Chaerin commanded instead.

Jiyong stiffened up slightly and Chaerin’s sharp eyes noticed every movement of his body.

“Why? It’s part of my disguise, you know, so fans don’t –”

Jiyong’s words were cut off as his girlfriend all but yanked his beanie off. The fashionista gulped as his eyes met those of his enraged girlfriend’s.

“Seriously, Jiyong? Seriously? Pink hair?!” Chaerin ran her hair through her brown hair, a frustrated expression on her face.

Jiyong just avoided her gaze.

“Last week it was blonde, last month you partially shaved your hair, and don’t even get me started on the multitude of other color’s you’ve dyed your hair in the past year!” Chaerin listed out.

Jiyong frowned and his newest hairstyle. “Babe, you know why I do it. My job requires me to dye my hair several colors, I’m sorry but I can’t say no to my president.” He muttered out softly, caressing Chaerin’s cheek to calm her down.

Chaerin heaved a sigh. “I know Jiyong, but can’t you dye it like all the other idols? Can’t you just go with normal colors, at least? I swear, all your neon and bright hairstyles are going to make me chromophobic.”

Jiyong chuckled. “I wouldn’t be the K-Pop world’s trendsetter if I didn’t, would I?” he winked.

Another sigh, one in defeat escaped Chaerin’s lips. “Just…just don’t ruin your health with all the chemicals, okay?” Chaerin finally gave in, like she did every time an argument came up against her smooth talking boyfriend.

Jiyong pecked her lips softly. “I won’t, I promise,” he assured.

“Now, let’s go on that long overdue date.” He intertwined his fingers with Chaerin’s and led her out of the house.

 

 

A week and a half later…

 

Jiyong pushed his hair under his beanie and packed up his bag, ready to leave the YG practice rooms. Suddenly he heard his phone ring and a wide grin spread across his face when he spotted the love of his life’s name flash across the screen.

“Yoboseyo, jagiya~” he cooed into the phone.

“KWON JIYONG?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR?!?!”

Jiyong cringed as he caught sight of the blue hair peeking out of his cap.

Oops…

Author's Note

Thank you so much iamaflamer, Donghae_Yoona and KaraTeentop for the comments. Also, a big thanks to all those who subscribed to this story.

I'm not that happy with how this chapter turned out :/ It seems short and lacking something... Anyway, I hope you guys liked it. When I read the definition of chromophobic, the first thing that popped to my head was GD's name XD I originally wanted to include a picture of each hairstyle GD has ever sported but there were just too many. If anyone is interested in seeing them though, you can try this link: http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/11943/g-dragon.jpg

This chapter was supposed to be up yesterday but I've been having problems with my internet so I couldn't do so. Anyway, let me know what you guys think of this chapter in the comments below, and if there's any phobia you want me to do first, mention that in the comments too.

Have a good day :)